Riverdale Baseball Player Killed

il2sdbis

I was so saddened to hear this tragic story . I cannot imagine the pain everyone is feeling who was close to Jordan. Prayers from Oakland High School to family, friends, coaches, teammates.....anyone who was blessed enough to have known this wonderful and vibrant young man. May GOD comfort you all in his loving arms.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Just want to say real quick how happy i am for all the support that so many people gave tonight at Riverdale the place was packed full of people also at his house prior to the memorial at riverdale the street was flooded and Mr Hart did a good job of leading the services

that is all i can write for now LOVE YOU JORDON AND FAMILY

Thanks for the update man... I was given info that was for the Riverdale football & Baseball teams I guess they have asked them to meet @ 5:00 for visitation..sorry for the mix up. everyone is so upset & going different directions trying to get things straight just seems impossible. What a tough thing this will be for alot of people. PRAY PRAY PRAY... please everyone... alot of people have been affected. It will take alot of "team work" for everyone to get through this but the "boro" is a great community & I am sure everyone will pull together on this.

I was just at the Doubletree Hotel and they had a nice room set up in there for people to come in and sign cards and a message book for Jordan and his family. Myself as well as Riverdaleman were very touched and moved by a baseball team the East Cobb Braves who came to pay their respects and honor Jordan. It was so awesome to see a baseball team from Georgia come in and express their sorrow and even shed tears with us. This is why I love the baseball community that we are all involved in. Also after Riverdaleman had left The Kentucky Baseball Club came in to pay their respects as well. I just cant find words to say enough about how wonderful it is to see that players and families from these two teams would come and honor Jordan and his family. As one of the East Cobb parents said Not only did the Riverdale baseball players lose a brother but all high school baseball lost a brother.

i was really close to jordan as a matter of fact we hung out last night on the 4th of july. really am still in shock, hasnt hit me yet. dont know when funeral is arranged, but will more than likely miss it since heading to florida for the week in a few minutes with my family. prayers go out to everything, his mom was strong as a rock this morning. greatly missed, never forgotten

i thank God i was able to make it back for the funeral. it is a comforting thought to think that jordan chose to hang out with me and my boys and be such a big part in our lives. its our loss but heavens gain

We will keep you in our prayers, it is a horrible thing lose a brother. We lost one of our own (Shortstop, #1 Chance Lee Smith) just before Easter Slam this year and we understand the pain of and for the family as well as the pain of the team. Prayer is what helped us, and continues to substain us everytime we take the field without him. May God Bless the family and your team!

The Northwest High School Baseball Team, Clarksville Tn

I also played at riverdale and just graduated last year. After 3 years of Riverdale baseball with him, we were teammates and pretty much close as brothers. I did not get to attend the funeral because i was out of country on mission work. I did all i could to come back for it but Dorris and Ken told me to stay and do Gods work. Prayers go out from me, stewatrs creek church of christ, and the church of christ of Ojojona in Honduras. Jordan was a great kid and loved by many. God must have needed another angel and he got himself a good one. We will all miss you Jordan, I love you man

Our prayers are with you Riverdale. Our hearts are sad, but we must all remember now that Jordan will now be comforted in the loving arms of Jesus our Savior. Your Brothers at Boyd Buchanan are praying for the family and friends of this wonderful young man. May God bless you all.