White County Football 2007

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good if your a warrior fan. Could be close for a quarter.

[/quoteC] Coach kerr is definately the man for the job the kids are having fun again and people are excited.Will this result in wins and lossess maybe not.WC fans have to be realistic talent and numbers is a big part and Cookeville is on a different level at this time.Let me tell you this i honestly believe our coaches are at a different level and im excited but it will take time and it still may not pan out but it wont be because of lack of commitment from our staff!!!!!

White County fans are pumped & ready for a good season. Maybe we won't have as many wins as loses, but it's sure a fresh start. Pads are on this week & looking ok. Players are finally grateful to be playing for a coach that seems to care. Scrimmages are in the upcoming forecast, and hope to see what's been going on in their heads.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Warrior fans, I hope that the scrimmages aren't an indication of the season to come. I must say first off that I am very disappointed that the quarterback (Mitchell) & wide reciever (Delaney) decided not to stick around. They are two very talented athletes, that seem to enjoy wasting their talents. Although I have not got the reasons straight from the players mouths, I did get the next best thing, one of the parents. Apparently the boys think that it will be a long, crappy season, so they decided to bail early. Next, I am a little bit disappointed with some of coach Kerr's moves. Although there is a lot of talent on the team, there are still way too many players playing on both sides of the ball, getting exhausted, and suffering along the way. There is no reason that White County can't have a fresh defense & offense at all times. Time will tell, & I guess we will see how it goes, and brace for the worst, but hope for the best!!!

In high school football, you almost have to have players go both ways. Sparta has what, 40 players on their team? Cookeville has close to 85 and they have several players go both ways. You only have so many athletes and it seems like coach kerr is trying to get them on the field to make plays.

Great post heisman and you hit nail on the head.Maryville to riverdale has many players that play both sides of the ball only so many athletes that can fill key spots.Delaney and Mitchell quit cause thats what there good at.Fast pitch nut if you think we have alot of talent drink another ditka, parcells, or the great bear bryant would struggle with this bunch.The tailback seth mcdonald and maybe two others are the only ones that would step on field for a good football team.Dickie Brown had some talent didnt get what he could out of them taught them zero fundamentals and left program a mess.Kerr and the guys need to work hard and have fun.We will support ya no matter what.

Please don't get me wrong. I know that we don't have enough strong boys to put out completetly new offense & defense everytime, and yes there are a few who need to be playing both ways, but when you have some out there who are only out there because they are the coaches son, or other VIP's son, and they make mistake after mistake, then you need to give someone else a chance. The coaches are trying to work on fundamentals with them, and a lot of progress has been made, but if what you're trying doesn't work after several times, at least have the guts to say let's try something,or someone, else. Last night at TTU, was a perfect example. Same players made one mistake after another, and what happens? NOTHING!! THey stay in and do the mistakes all over again. Trial and error is what it's called, but when you keep erroring and don't try something else, then it's just plain nuts. I will now get off my soapbox, and try to enjoy the season. THanks for letting me vent!! LOL!

Any input on the upcoming season for the "Warriors" & their new coach? Coach Kerr seems to be a good fit in the program, so far.

welp here we go again,playing the same ol white county ball,playing guys both sides of the ball,boys on the side line because they dont have the right last name. a coaches boy who wines and crys all the time and maken mistake after mistake,but yet hes being babied by dad,my sake give him a pacifier and put him on the side line.and yet his dad gets fired from the athletic director,and now coaching the line who his son is a linemen,go fig.my son is a starter so it dont make a diffrence to me,but youve got boys on side line busting theyre tails in the heat and can do a better job,but daddys a coach. Herd coach kerr tell another parent hes playn to win ,he would play who ever it took.well coach get you some nads and get the right boys on the line. one of the coaches who wasnt a coach last year was crying the boys are not having fun under brown,this was the reason he exclaimed everybody was quiting.well you have a diffrent head coach and yet less boys then you had last year.and still quiting and unless the head coach steps up and takes his role as a head coach therye are more about to quit.yea you want to have fun,but my god this is highschool football,these are young men not peewee football.

welp here we go again,playing the same ol white county ball,playing guys both sides of the ball,boys on the side line because they dont have the right last name. a coaches boy who wines and crys all the time and maken mistake after mistake,but yet hes being babied by dad,my sake give him a pacifier and put him on the side line.and yet his dad gets fired from the athletic director,and now coaching the line who his son is a linemen,go fig.my son is a starter so it dont make a diffrence to me,but youve got boys on side line busting theyre tails in the heat and can do a better job,but daddys a coach. Herd coach kerr tell another parent hes playn to win ,he would play who ever it took.well coach get you some nads and get the right boys on the line. one of the coaches who wasnt a coach last year was crying the boys are not having fun under brown,this was the reason he exclaimed everybody was quiting.well you have a diffrent head coach and yet less boys then you had last year.and still quiting and unless the head coach steps up and takes his role as a head coach therye are more about to quit.yea you want to have fun,but my god this is highschool football,these are young men not peewee football.

I know Coach Kerr presonally, and I can assure you that he is playing the best people! Take your pathetic comments elsewhere!