White County Football 2007

wow

just stumbled on this thread but just as an outsider looking in

I am originally from lawrence county a team that has struggled with only an occasional year or so of fielding a competitive team.

I am presently in Smyrna (2006 5a state champs) and have been for a while.

The difference in theses 2 is simple Smyrna is in a rapidly growing area that brings in lots of people and thus creates a huge pool of players and also from these players quite a few athletes emerge. Lawrence county is a town that is not growing and certainly not a lot of people moving in so the number of players and athletes are few.

Sounds like White County may have more in common with Lawrence County

I don't care who the coach is if you dont have a lot of good players and some exceptional athletes mixed in you can not win in this day and time.

No dog in this fight but the majority of time on friday nights the better team wins

I wil say that the more teams lose the more you hear about favorites playing etc

winning cures a lot of stuff

also the poster that came on here and blasted the new coach but said it didn't affect him because his son starts is a cancer on the team because he will tell that story to everybody he can spread it to.

They are kids, coach em hard tell em to play hard and enjoy every minute of it

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp here we go again,playing the same ol white county ball,playing guys both sides of the ball,boys on the side line because they dont have the right last name. a coaches boy who wines and crys all the time and maken mistake after mistake,but yet hes being babied by dad,my sake give him a pacifier and put him on the side line.and yet his dad gets fired from the athletic director,and now coaching the line who his son is a linemen,go fig.my son is a starter so it dont make a diffrence to me,but youve got boys on side line busting theyre tails in the heat and can do a better job,but daddys a coach. Herd coach kerr tell another parent hes playn to win ,he would play who ever it took.well coach get you some nads and get the right boys on the line. one of the coaches who wasnt a coach last year was crying the boys are not having fun under brown,this was the reason he exclaimed everybody was quiting.well you have a diffrent head coach and yet less boys then you had last year.and still quiting and unless the head coach steps up and takes his role as a head coach therye are more about to quit.yea you want to have fun,but my god this is highschool football,these are young men not peewee football.

First of all I want to comment on your username. Don't you think it's a little early to be making those types of statements? Secondly, as a parent of a member of the team, you might want to set a better example for your son by showing a little bit of class. Name calling is juvenile and speaks to one's character. If I had an impressionable young son I might be a bit more concerned with what I was teaching him... Sportsmanship and leadership to name a few. Regardless of your opinions--which you're entitled to--talking about another child is uncalled for.

Moving on, apparently you were not at the same game I was. I witnessed 3 at most playing both ways. Unfortunently in high school football, teams are generally not blessed with enough quality athletes to play on just one side of the ball.

Can't we just play some football? The season hasn't even begun and already there's people like you playing the negative side of the fence. Show your son some support by being a positive influence. Obviously if you're comfortable posting comments like this on a website, you've already told your son. If anything this team needs it's the support of the community-- ESPECIALLY parents.

wow

just stumbled on this thread but just as an outsider looking in

I am originally from lawrence county a team that has struggled with only an occasional year or so of fielding a competitive team.

I am presently in Smyrna (2006 5a state champs) and have been for a while.

The difference in theses 2 is simple Smyrna is in a rapidly growing area that brings in lots of people and thus creates a huge pool of players and also from these players quite a few athletes emerge. Lawrence county is a town that is not growing and certainly not a lot of people moving in so the number of players and athletes are few.

Sounds like White County may have more in common with Lawrence County

I don't care who the coach is if you dont have a lot of good players and some exceptional athletes mixed in you can not win in this day and time.

No dog in this fight but the majority of time on friday nights the better team wins

I wil say that the more teams lose the more you hear about favorites playing etc

winning cures a lot of stuff

also the poster that came on here and blasted the new coach but said it didn't affect him because his son starts is a cancer on the team because he will tell that story to everybody he can spread it to.

They are kids, coach em hard tell em to play hard and enjoy every minute of it

No dog in the fight either, but you nailed it.. Good luck White county.

welp here we go again,playing the same ol white county ball,playing guys both sides of the ball,boys on the side line because they dont have the right last name. a coaches boy who wines and crys all the time and maken mistake after mistake,but yet hes being babied by dad,my sake give him a pacifier and put him on the side line.and yet his dad gets fired from the athletic director,and now coaching the line who his son is a linemen,go fig.my son is a starter so it dont make a diffrence to me,but youve got boys on side line busting theyre tails in the heat and can do a better job,but daddys a coach. Herd coach kerr tell another parent hes playn to win ,he would play who ever it took.well coach get you some nads and get the right boys on the line. one of the coaches who wasnt a coach last year was crying the boys are not having fun under brown,this was the reason he exclaimed everybody was quiting.well you have a diffrent head coach and yet less boys then you had last year.and still quiting and unless the head coach steps up and takes his role as a head coach therye are more about to quit.yea you want to have fun,but my god this is highschool football,these are young men not peewee football.

Well grab your whistle. Sounds like you're the one for the job! I'm sure the new Head Coach appreciates you spreading your wealth of knowledge around at his expense. How many different head coaches has WC had in the last few years?

This is a bull s*** statement and you are truly not posting 4 the right reasons!!!!Seriously if ya wanna quit quit gonna be rough season no matter what but parents dont get on here and make it worse,come on white county is a classy and tight community lets not make into a soap opera.

This is a bull s*** statement and you are truly not posting 4 the right reasons!!!!Seriously if ya wanna quit quit gonna be rough season no matter what but parents dont get on here and make it worse,come on white county is a classy and tight community lets not make into a soap opera.

Sparta fans, you need to understand that this could be a rough year, and when that happens, it is not going to be entirely on the head coach. He will build the program, and he needs your support. If not, you will run off a good coach.

VERY intelligent post! Lots of misspellings,bad punctuations etc...

Ridiculous.

Good luck to the Sparta Warriors(xcept vs.Cookeville)

THE SQUAD

In the past decade in White Co. there have been more qualified coaches in the stands than on the field/court, if

one believes the posts on here.

Maybe White Co. should select their Coaches from the stands!

No just let all the parents coach, after each play tell there boy how it wasnt there fault and give him a sip of gatorade!!!!Please i just hope coach doesn read this crap,if you have a problem discuss it with him.Coach is a decent guy and wants to re build a team from ground up and thats what he has got.He needs everyone on board so lets quit the negative and try to get better.Remember fb is a volunteer sport if your that unhappy with playing time work harder if you are better you will play.White County has been in a football rut 4 awhile,do you think every coach we hire is not capable?No its a numbers and a talent thing,wc is at the bottom of the 4-a totum poll when it comes to students so its hard to compete.Lets get behind the coach encourage every kid we can 2 play and support good or bad our team.Give coach a couple of years to build a program.

No just let all the parents coach, after each play tell there boy how it wasnt there fault and give him a sip of gatorade!!!!Please i just hope coach doesn read this crap,if you have a problem discuss it with him.Coach is a decent guy and wants to re build a team from ground up and thats what he has got.He needs everyone on board so lets quit the negative and try to get better.Remember fb is a volunteer sport if your that unhappy with playing time work harder if you are better you will play.White County has been in a football rut 4 awhile,do you think every coach we hire is not capable?No its a numbers and a talent thing,wc is at the bottom of the 4-a totum poll when it comes to students so its hard to compete.Lets get behind the coach encourage every kid we can 2 play and support good or bad our team.Give coach a couple of years to build a program.

Not to make it worse on yall, yall did get beat by DeKalb