Maryville's Maples Gone

tnfootball4

You scared me with that post. I thought something might have happened. Losing Tyler Maples hurts but fortunatly Maryville is loaded at defensive back and receiver. While losing Maples hurts. Having Steven Shiver,Tyler Clendenen,Caleb Clement,Chris Jordan and the kid that transfered from Alabama will help big time.

Losing Maples hurts but if I could have any senior from last year back it might be Taka Koyano. Taka was a huge weapon for Maryville. Almost every kickoff went in the end zone.

REBELRON,

Has GQ found anyone that can continue the success that Maryville has had in the kicking game over the past few years?

I don't know yet. I know that kickers like Koyano don't grow on trees. It was huge the last 3 years watching Koyano keep blasting kickoffs in the end zone and making opponents go 80 yards.

RebelRon,

I saw the Taka young man once off the field. I thought it was one of the Maryville linebackers. He is huge. I wonder if GQ ever thought about, or tried him at LB. I can understand why if not. His leg was huge in M'ville's gameplan.

Who is the new kid from Alabama I have heard mention of? Where does he play?

Alabama kid is Matt Ramsey. He will be a senior. He played a little last year and should contribute some this year with all the attention going to Shiver Clendenon and Douglas.

Coach Ellis the Oline coach tried to get taka to play Oline last year but GQ wouldnt let him. He was one of the strongest if not the strongest on last years team.

As far as Kicker goes. The favorite to win the job was keiren webb a soccer player. He got in a bad wreck in early July and is still in Atlanta recovering. Ive heard some really good things about the upcoming freshman kicker though.

Rebelman70,

Thanks for the info on kickers. The freshman you spoke of, any idea how he compares to the freshman kicker Alcoa had a few years back? I think his name is Reed Guzzo(?) RebelRon is right on, it was nice to see Koyano's kicks go flying into the endzone. Hope this kid can get there.

Rebelman70,

Thanks for the info on kickers. The freshman you spoke of, any idea how he compares to the freshman kicker Alcoa had a few years back? I think his name is Reed Guzzo(?) RebelRon is right on, it was nice to see Koyano's kicks go flying into the endzone. Hope this kid can get there.

Zach Sharp is the freshman kicker. He can boom it for his age. If he's not good enough now for varsity, he will be soon.