5A state title game

timbdp

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because it's a 3-4 hour trip. Heck most teams can't get the money to travel that far for regular season games. I'm pretty sure GQ will be happy to play you when they step up to 5A. Give them a call. How many state titles has Smyna won anyway?

Ole Dad

I bet riverdale n smyra n owls etc..,.would love that!!! how come rebs dont ever scrimmage those guys? further more be careful what you ask for.

as good as some of the 5-A teams are....I belive Mayrville is hands down the best program in the state, with their ability to reload each year, and plug new players into that system with tremendous success

and im sure if any top tier 5-A team was instead in 4-A they would be doing the same thing Maryville is doing its easy when you have little competition to plug new players in a still win like they do i bet if Maryville ever stepped up to play 5-A they wouldnt be having the long term success that they are known for

Whats not impressive. Franklin has had a winning record both years hes been here. Won the region last year, sure the playoffs were dissappointing but thats how it goes sometimes. He brought in a totally new offense and they still seem to win. From what I heard we was pretty darn good in Ky for more than 20 years. What better hire could they have made?

Of course Franklin had a winning record. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, just that I wasn't impressed with the way the team performed under pressure in certain spots, particularly in '05. It was even on display last year vs. Indy and again vs. Hendersonville. Maybe that's not all on the coach, but I think some of it has to come back to decision making.

I guess I'm just not much on his style of coaching. I love the way that guys like Rector coach. Tough coaches but not over the top.

Sorry for the delayed response? I was off doing things more productive to society than this (playing NCAA 08 on PS2 )

Now that's funny!

Ole Dad

and im sure if any top tier 5-A team was instead in 4-A they would be doing the same thing Maryville is doing its easy when you have little competition to plug new players in a still win like they do i bet if Maryville ever stepped up to play 5-A they wouldnt be having the long term success that they are known for

Of course Franklin had a winning record. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, just that I wasn't impressed with the way the team performed under pressure in certain spots, particularly in '05. It was even on display last year vs. Indy and again vs. Hendersonville. Maybe that's not all on the coach, but I think some of it has to come back to decision making.

I guess I'm just not much on his style of coaching. I love the way that guys like Rector coach. Tough coaches but not over the top.

Sorry for the delayed response? I was off doing things more productive to society than this (playing NCAA 08 on PS2 )

Well what is his style of coaching? and Rectors style and maybe crawfords. Do you know?? I think its hard to blame a loss on a coach. They have to really screw up to blame them. I dont think the Hendersonville and indy games are not good examples. From what I heard its hard to beat a team when you turn the ball over 4 or 5 times ( Hendersonville game) As for the Indy game it was whole different ball game in the 2nd half. It looked like they stopped their passing game but was not ready for their loaded backfield. As for 05 whole new system lost 3 games by combined 6 points. I think its hard to say someone is not impressive when they seem just as good as the ole rector and crawford.

Oh and its cool about the delayed response. I just expected it a little quicker cause your usually on here with your 1000 posts. I was suprised you were doing something a little more productive. haha