ooltewah football

2seamfastball

i heard that theres some kids losing their so called SPOTS on the team, some of these kids are seniors and supposedly were key players during the pre season, but it goes to show what competeing is all about, there aint nothing in stone up there no matter who you are or how much your parents stink up! coach Benny will put the best players on the field reguardless of your age, size or name! good luck to Ooltewah this year i think they will be CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get something straight hayseed. Some of these seniors have worked their tails off, and are model students and citizens.

It's not all about the wins and losses. I want people representing Ooltewah who are going to be leaders off the field as well as on.

Some of these seniors have played by the rules and actually attend the school where they are zoned. Imagine that! Their parents also don't park next to the coach and go out of their way to stink up. Nor do they pay the coaches in an underhanded

sort of way so as to gain an advantage(not saying it's going on at Ooltewah). The seniors also don't sprint to the middle of the field to gather up the footballs for the coach either for if they did their team mates would pound them into oblivion.

And you don't know what you are talking about if you don't think Coach Monroe considers size. I know for a fact that Coach Monroe told two db's that started for Coach Gatewood that they were "too short". Both were outstanding athletes with off the chart speed and were plenty aggressive. Both signed baseball scholarships. One was actually the MVP of the freshman football championship game! So, you are delusional if you think Coach Bennie doesn't consider size. That's ridiculous.....!

Go Owks!

So who are the Senior players not retaining their positions?

The depth chart is fluid at this point in the season for various and sundry reasons. I would say nothing is etched in stone.

They haven't had their first scrimmage and the qb's have not faced any live bullets. That will all change tomorrow afternoon when Walker Valley comes calling.

I wouldn't make a big deal over starting positions along the defensive line as they will rotate seven or eight players. They'll

play backups at linebacker and db as well. He'll pay five or six receivers. He won't play many o-linemen and does not like to play his backup qb, although I suspect that Reed will get some meaningful snaps if he doesn't start as he is viewed as the qb

of the future.

The depth chart is fluid at this point in the season for various and sundry reasons. I would say nothing is etched in stone.

They haven't had their first scrimmage and the qb's have not faced any live bullets. That will all change tomorrow afternoon when Walker Valley comes calling.

I wouldn't make a big deal over starting positions along the defensive line as they will rotate seven or eight players. They'll

play backups at linebacker and db as well. He'll pay five or six receivers. He won't play many o-linemen and does not like to play his backup qb, although I suspect that Reed will get some meaningful snaps if he doesn't start as he is viewed as the qb

of the future.

Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge concerning the Owls ... thanks for the info.

owlpride,how can you get that mad over one comment about.maybe somebody,that says they HEARD,that some of the seniors might lose their position(most of the time they are wrong)trust me I know. second all of who cares where a parent parks thier car and if a player helps pick up footballs? do you think,somebody is kissing up,if thier just being nice and help out,and if they park by a coach,that will get them brownie pionts(how does any thing you brought up purtain,to anything,2seam,thinks he or she heard?)What does it matter where akid comes from to play ball,players come and go all the time,to schools,whether it be because of moving from out of state or county or they move into the area.,..further more do you like bennie and the owls,because you dont act like you like him or ooltewah. Also, the 2seamer didnt make one comment about players character or thier off the field actions.,.. how do you know thier coach goes for SIZE?(ARE you a coach.,..do you sit in on coaches meetings?.,..or do you park by the coach just to listen in?)Sounds like to me you where not hugged enough as a child or you played for benny at some piont and time and he didnt play you because you where to little or not good enough..,..either way,I hope ooltewah does well and I hope everything works out for you!!! GO Barry !!!!

owlpride,how can you get that mad over one comment about.maybe somebody,that says they HEARD,that some of the seniors might lose their position(most of the time they are wrong)trust me I know. second all of who cares where a parent parks thier car and if a player helps pick up footballs? do you think,somebody is kissing up,if thier just being nice and help out,and if they park by a coach,that will get them brownie pionts(how does any thing you brought up purtain,to anything,2seam,thinks he or she heard?)What does it matter where akid comes from to play ball,players come and go all the time,to schools,whether it be because of moving from out of state or county or they move into the area.,..further more do you like bennie and the owls,because you dont act like you like him or ooltewah. Also, the 2seamer didnt make one comment about players character or thier off the field actions.,.. how do you know thier coach goes for SIZE?(ARE you a coach.,..do you sit in on coaches meetings?.,..or do you park by the coach just to listen in?)Sounds like to me you where not hugged enough as a child or you played for benny at some piont and time and he didnt play you because you where to little or not good enough..,..either way,I hope ooltewah does well and I hope everything works out for you!!! GO Barry !!!!

Hmmmmm.....I smell a rat because only the doer of the deeds would understand my cryptic message. I believe you, 2 seam

and a few others are one in the same. And yes it's kissing up if somebody seeks out the coach after every practice, calls them on the phone incessantly, and continually has their face in front of the coach. Coaches aren't stupid and believe it or not make comments about these annoyances. Why do you continue to insist that size doesn't matter? It may not in Single A, but it most certainly does in AAAAA. Ask former OWL Ryan Williams if Bennie Monroe told him he was too short. Ask Hunter Hydas if

Bennie Monroe told him he was too short to play cornerback. Ryan was a great little football player in middle school but he never got much bigger and it hurt him. Lastly. the last time I checked, Hamilton County does not have open enrollment. Why don't you ask them why it matters? That's the problem with people today. They want to make up their own set of rules or

they think that rules don't matter to them.

of the future.

What time is the scrimmage with Walker Valley today?

First of all,what cryptic message,I made comments on every thing you said (nothing extra,nothing that you would consider inside),but you have admitted that you talk to coaches how else would you know they are getting annoyed by parents.,..second:I m not from ooltewah nor from any where around the chattanooga,area and 2seam is an idiot most of the time,but does make sense some times. third:I dont know ryan williams,but I find it hard to believe that coach monroe would flat out tell a kid not to play cause,he was to small,IF, that kid was that good Benny would ve kept him! ,dont know hydas,either. Again, what does it matter if a parent talks to a coach? So,I would assume you have never ever talked to a coach and if you did I would also assume it was to kiss up!!! AND you never answered,the questions,but you dont have to..,..it is obvious that you do not like ooltewah or thier coach for what ever reason,you call your self owlpride(well swallow your pride and move on)I hope all owl fans are not like you,but ,you do give some good info on here,sometimes. One thing that I would like to know: what did you mean "pay coaches underhandedly",surely you dont think parents are paying off coaches? SINCE you are the expert,how big do you have to be to play football,EVERYBODY in the world would like to know!!! Do you write books on it(if so I would like to buy it) Becuase if everybody had your mentality about size, (all sports not just football),players would be like shaq,COULD YOU IMAGE , if every team in every sport where big, how exciting would that be shaq drops back throws to bill russell who runs thirty yards only to be tackled from behind, by yao ming and andre the giant,MAN that would great football or the same scenario in baseball or golf..,..Manute Bol hits a single to right field only to be tagged out from the warning track by shawn bradley!!! you are truly a genius owlpride,hope to hear more great comments from you in the future.

i dont think you understand what i am saying...this is REGION 2-5A FOOTBALL! the toughest region in the highest classification in the state. Especially, when you go up against Farragut and Oak Ridge who have guys up to 6'6. no longer can you come into Ooltewah as Rudy (undersized and unexperienced) and expect a Cinderella ending.If so, you best be top shelf athlete in the skill postion. Too many athletes on the team now are running under 4.6 and receivers average 6'1. In fact, Ryan Williams did not return for his senior season because of his size. 5A football is about size and speed, the best of the best.

I have an idea. Get a life. Coach Monroe will play the best player for the position at that position. The bottom line is Coach Monroe is the expert and last time I checked the head coach. This is not his first rodeo believe me. I watched a special in Knoxville on the local news station with Knoxville area coaches on it talking about parents and pressure on coaches to play their kids. Coach Quarles from Maryville had a great take on it. He said a certain parent one year was driving him nuts wanting his kid to play. He said the parent was talkin about how much he as a parent had helped with things ect. Coach Quarles said..."well maybe your son should play on your team?"The parent said..I don't have a team...Coach Quarles said "exactly" All the political BULL is that .......political. The best, most skilled ,most talented player is going to play. PERIOD. As long as they are eligible and dont break team rules. Coach Monroe is a perfectionist when it comes to football. All the sucking up ect is useless. paying coaches is a joke too. Coach Monroe doesn't coach for the money or fame. He has both of those. He does it for the love of the game. He does it because that is what he does. He is one of the best. SOOO second guessing him is pointless. First because he has proven he knows what he is doing and second because he will do what he thinks is best PERIOD. Leave the man alone and let him do what he does best and enjoy the season.

Let's get something straight hayseed. Some of these seniors have worked their tails off, and are model students and citizens.

It's not all about the wins and losses. I want people representing Ooltewah who are going to be leaders off the field as well as on.

Some of these seniors have played by the rules and actually attend the school where they are zoned. Imagine that! Their parents also don't park next to the coach and go out of their way to stink up. Nor do they pay the coaches in an underhanded

sort of way so as to gain an advantage(not saying it's going on at Ooltewah). The seniors also don't sprint to the middle of the field to gather up the footballs for the coach either for if they did their team mates would pound them into oblivion.

And you don't know what you are talking about if you don't think Coach Monroe considers size. I know for a fact that Coach Monroe told two db's that started for Coach Gatewood that they were "too short". Both were outstanding athletes with off the chart speed and were plenty aggressive. Both signed baseball scholarships. One was actually the MVP of the freshman football championship game! So, you are delusional if you think Coach Bennie doesn't consider size. That's ridiculous.....!

Go Owks!