ooltewah football

2seamfastball

They haven't lost alot of sophmores this year because several of them are starting. I don't agree with you OWLPRIDE but I never do. Do you have a kid playing on the JV? just wondering.

"they haven't lost alot of sophomores this year because several of them are starting". What sense does that make loveshs?

Every year, Ooltewah loses tons of sophomores because they don't want to pay their dues or they decide to specialize in

another sport. Ryan Jones who plays baseball for UT was a tremendous wr prospect for the Owls as a frosh. Jake Young

would be starting as a linebacker right now had he not chosen to give up football. Colton Trew would be plaing alot of wr

as he has the body and speed to have been another Jenson Morgan. He too decided to specialize in baseball.

If you don't think there are tons of talented football players roaming the halls at Ooltewah, you are sadly mistaken. Every year

you have 40 or 50 players on the freshman roster. What do you think happens by the time they make varsity?

Ooltewah could take a team from the student body at large and clobber the likes of Silverdale and Grace. Heck, Young and True would be all state as juniors at Silverdale.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"they haven't lost alot of sophomores this year because several of them are starting". What sense does that make loveshs?

Every year, Ooltewah loses tons of sophomores because they don't want to pay their dues or they decide to specialize in

another sport. Ryan Jones who plays baseball for UT was a tremendous wr prospect for the Owls as a frosh. Jake Young

would be starting as a linebacker right now had he not chosen to give up football. Colton Trew would be plaing alot of wr

as he has the body and speed to have been another Jenson Morgan. He too decided to specialize in baseball.

If you don't think there are tons of talented football players roaming the halls at Ooltewah, you are sadly mistaken. Every year

you have 40 or 50 players on the freshman roster. What do you think happens by the time they make varsity?

Ooltewah could take a team from the student body at large and clobber the likes of Silverdale and Grace. Heck, Young and True would be all state as juniors at Silverdale.

I do not want to get into another argument with owlpride,but you make one good piont:They dont want to pay their dues!!Every school in TN or america has that problem,and if students dont want pay thier dues,then.,..thats life,every thing you do in life you have to pay dues in some form or fashion,unless you are privledged,I have never heard of any of these kids you talk about,except one:jake young,but I thought he doesnt play football,cause he doesnt want to screw up awrestling career,in college!!!! it has nothing to do about paying dues for him or playing time,he wrestles and wrestlers pay thier dues.further more if any of these kids are that good at baseball,maybe they chose that over football,cause that is what they like more and they found out highschool football is not as much fun as middle school or little league.And I cant figure out why you keep saying thiers so much talent in the halls,becuase nobody said ANYTHING about no talent in the halls(I didnt,luvshs football didnt,nobody did!) And if all that talent is in the halls it does the owls no good does it!! AND why is not on the field or court or diamond!!!! LASTLY what is your almost perverse obsession w/ putting down silverdale n grace,did something not fair well there or something or are you a old high school bully that cant pick on any body,so you think slamming those to make you a man,how come ooltewah doesnt get all that talent in the halls and go play riverdale or any of your rivals,idiot!!! and if you do I hope you suit up so some can put you back in your weird little place.

I do not want to get into another argument with owlpride,but you make one good piont:They dont want to pay their dues!!Every school in TN or america has that problem,and if students dont want pay thier dues,then.,..thats life,every thing you do in life you have to pay dues in some form or fashion,unless you are privledged,I have never heard of any of these kids you talk about,except one:jake young,but I thought he doesnt play football,cause he doesnt want to screw up awrestling career,in college!!!! it has nothing to do about paying dues for him or playing time,he wrestles and wrestlers pay thier dues.further more if any of these kids are that good at baseball,maybe they chose that over football,cause that is what they like more and they found out highschool football is not as much fun as middle school or little league.And I cant figure out why you keep saying thiers so much talent in the halls,becuase nobody said ANYTHING about no talent in the halls(I didnt,luvshs football didnt,nobody did!) And if all that talent is in the halls it does the owls no good does it!! AND why is not on the field or court or diamond!!!! LASTLY what is your almost perverse obsession w/ putting down silverdale n grace,did something not fair well there or something or are you a old high school bully that cant pick on any body,so you think slamming those to make you a man,how come ooltewah doesnt get all that talent in the halls and go play riverdale or any of your rivals,idiot!!! and if you do I hope you suit up so some can put you back in your weird little place.

[/quo

Fatsak-LovesOHS is trying to say that Ooltewah doesn't lose players to the program after their freshmen season. I could literally give you tons of examples over the years of players that quit and it wasn't players that couldn't play. Hence, I used the example of Grace and Silverdale as pointing out that there is enough good talent in Ooltewah High School that would be good enough to beat those programs. Silverdale has about 200 kids in their high school, so I would guess most of the boys can

play football if they desire. Ooltewah has about 1000 male students. Only 10% are in the football program.

nobody is name calling anyone! Both of those kids were 5'6" at the most. That is a fact. It's also a fact that Coach Monroe told them that they were too short to play cornerback. This is common knowledge verifiable with the father's of both of the young men. Both of these boys are no longer with the program and have graduated and moved on. Nobody is posting anything about a current player and naming names.

You also have to realize that the demographics have changed dramatically at Ooltewah in the last three years. It only takes a quick look at the game program to know what I'm talking about. Hunter and Ryan were both blessed with extra-ordinary speed

at that time. There is no question that Ooltewah's team speed has taken a quantum leap in the last three years.

The point is that these coaches pay close attention to weight room numbers, sprint numbers, and size numbers. If you're small, you better be Ryan Williams,Hunter Hydas, or Sean Sanders fast or you will not be a back at Ooltewah and even then

you're role will be limited. Ooltewah is just a huge school with huge talent pool. You could literally field a team from the student body of former players who would beat the Silverdale's and Grace Academy's.

owlpride i hate to admit it but you are right after seeing that little side show the other night!!