ooltewah football

2seamfastball

First of all,what cryptic message,I made comments on every thing you said (nothing extra,nothing that you would consider inside),but you have admitted that you talk to coaches how else would you know they are getting annoyed by parents.,..second:I m not from ooltewah nor from any where around the chattanooga,area and 2seam is an idiot most of the time,but does make sense some times. third:I dont know ryan williams,but I find it hard to believe that coach monroe would flat out tell a kid not to play cause,he was to small,IF, that kid was that good Benny would ve kept him! ,dont know hydas,either. Again, what does it matter if a parent talks to a coach? So,I would assume you have never ever talked to a coach and if you did I would also assume it was to kiss up!!! AND you never answered,the questions,but you dont have to..,..it is obvious that you do not like ooltewah or thier coach for what ever reason,you call your self owlpride(well swallow your pride and move on)I hope all owl fans are not like you,but ,you do give some good info on here,sometimes. One thing that I would like to know: what did you mean "pay coaches underhandedly",surely you dont think parents are paying off coaches? SINCE you are the expert,how big do you have to be to play football,EVERYBODY in the world would like to know!!! Do you write books on it(if so I would like to buy it) Becuase if everybody had your mentality about size, (all sports not just football),players would be like shaq,COULD YOU IMAGE , if every team in every sport where big, how exciting would that be shaq drops back throws to bill russell who runs thirty yards only to be tackled from behind, by yao ming and andre the giant,MAN that would great football or the same scenario in baseball or golf..,..Manute Bol hits a single to right field only to be tagged out from the warning track by shawn bradley!!! you are truly a genius owlpride,hope to hear more great comments from you in the future.

Fatsak, I promise that Ryan Williams and Hunter Hydas were both told by Bennie Monroe that they were too short to play cornerback. There is another current player that played qb and tb on the freshman team last season that has long been viewed as a phenom who is no longer playing qb. His father recently said that at 5'6", he is too short to play qb. I hate

it for kids who want to play certain positions, but the reality is that mother nature will dictate where the kid plays.

Let me make my self clear that no coach at Oolltewah is taking money underhanded. However, it is going on in the middle school ranks as parents get creative in paying off coaches. It's pathetic that parents have to resort to payoffs and character assassination to get their kid an edge, but it happens.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think you understand what i am saying...this is REGION 2-5A FOOTBALL! the toughest region in the highest classification in the state. Especially, when you go up against Farragut and Oak Ridge who have guys up to 6'6. no longer can you come into Ooltewah as Rudy (undersized and unexperienced) and expect a Cinderella ending.If so, you best be top shelf athlete in the skill postion. Too many athletes on the team now are running under 4.6 and receivers average 6'1. In fact, Ryan Williams did not return for his senior season because of his size. 5A football is about size and speed, the best of the best.

5a football, the last time i checked was based on the amount of kids enrolled at one school you dont have to be 6 6 or even 6 1 to go to a 5a school or even run sub 4 6 s, just have 2 hands and 2 feet, and want to learn a little bit!!!! quit putting kids names on here unless you have somrthing good to say,i doubt his size was the main reason for him not coming back, i ll ask him at school Monday!!

Hunter and Ryan are both great at sports and do both have great speed which is needed at the DB position, but yes height is also needed and to we honest with you i never saw why Ryan started at DB. Hunter played becasue we had noone else to put there and he was a great tackler but he did get picked on a lot

Hunter and Ryan are both great at sports and do both have great speed which is needed at the DB position, but yes height is also needed and to we honest with you i never saw why Ryan started at DB. Hunter played becasue we had noone else to put there and he was a great tackler but he did get picked on a lot

Here we go adain,(by name) knocking a kid on here!!!! If there good enuf he ll play them. we all jknow we dont play midgets in football, but who cares if somebody got picked on as long as he played he must have been good enuf to play for the biggest school in chattanooga and i find it hard to believe that there was no one else to play that position out of all those kids up there. if your not the coach you cant decide who plays anyway so it dont matter what you think at the db position. just out of curiosity were you on the BENCH getting made fun of, or playing? must be able to hear alot from the sidelines, huh!!

Here we go adain,(by name) knocking a kid on here!!!! If there good enuf he ll play them. we all jknow we dont play midgets in football, but who cares if somebody got picked on as long as he played he must have been good enuf to play for the biggest school in chattanooga and i find it hard to believe that there was no one else to play that position out of all those kids up there. if your not the coach you cant decide who plays anyway so it dont matter what you think at the db position. just out of curiosity were you on the BENCH getting made fun of, or playing? must be able to hear alot from the sidelines, huh!!

nobody is name calling anyone! Both of those kids were 5'6" at the most. That is a fact. It's also a fact that Coach Monroe told them that they were too short to play cornerback. This is common knowledge verifiable with the father's of both of the young men. Both of these boys are no longer with the program and have graduated and moved on. Nobody is posting anything about a current player and naming names.

You also have to realize that the demographics have changed dramatically at Ooltewah in the last three years. It only takes a quick look at the game program to know what I'm talking about. Hunter and Ryan were both blessed with extra-ordinary speed

at that time. There is no question that Ooltewah's team speed has taken a quantum leap in the last three years.

The point is that these coaches pay close attention to weight room numbers, sprint numbers, and size numbers. If you're small, you better be Ryan Williams,Hunter Hydas, or Sean Sanders fast or you will not be a back at Ooltewah and even then

you're role will be limited. Ooltewah is just a huge school with huge talent pool. You could literally field a team from the student body of former players who would beat the Silverdale's and Grace Academy's.

nobody is name calling anyone! Both of those kids were 5'6" at the most. That is a fact. It's also a fact that Coach Monroe told them that they were too short to play cornerback. This is common knowledge verifiable with the father's of both of the young men. Both of these boys are no longer with the program and have graduated and moved on. Nobody is posting anything about a current player and naming names.

You also have to realize that the demographics have changed dramatically at Ooltewah in the last three years. It only takes a quick look at the game program to know what I'm talking about. Hunter and Ryan were both blessed with extra-ordinary speed

at that time. There is no question that Ooltewah's team speed has taken a quantum leap in the last three years.

The point is that these coaches pay close attention to weight room numbers, sprint numbers, and size numbers. If you're small, you better be Ryan Williams,Hunter Hydas, or Sean Sanders fast or you will not be a back at Ooltewah and even then

you're role will be limited. Ooltewah is just a huge school with huge talent pool. You could literally field a team from the student body of former players who would beat the Silverdale's and Grace Academy's.

Believe it or not your both right:size doesnt matter and you shouldnt use any kids name on here(unless it is for the good)..,..but ooltewah is ahuge school w/ alot of talent, you should be around5'11 or taller to play db(unless you can jump or a good athlete),I dont think the argument is about db,but overall hieght,you dont have to be real tall, just not real short!!!! average or better will do,with alot of heart and SKILL anybody can do ANYTHING..,..period!!!!speed helps out alot,but its how fast you are w/ your pads on..,.I ve seen world class speedters over the years that dont know how to play football,and I dont mean just running the ball,I mean passing,tackling, kicking,blocking,receiving etc..,..most important,MENTALLY GIFTED!!! look at vince young big fast and not very smart(according to sports mags and other media)look at emmit smith not big or tall or real fast,but he got the job done!I do believe you need size for certain things l,dl alittle at lb and if possible wr,but then again, alot of teams have agood mix of small medium n large wr,this is the era of specialty players..,..3 n1 backs,endzone wr s(the jump n go get it guys) and the goalline guys,also..,..so all and all it comes right down to : how to play your sport:wheather it is the greatest game of all(FOOTBALL) or baseball,basketball. I hope everybody can quit beating a dead horse and move on. go mumford!!!!

they are both out of high school they can handle it... i wasnt tryin to down them or anything, but i like the popcorn thingy that was pretty funny but no i was actually handing them water i got cut from the team i wasnt even good enough to sit on the sidelines!

first of all yes you are, quit trying to down play it. thats good if you can verify it but i bet you wont tell them your posting negative remarks about there kids and let them read it would you? DEMOGRAPHICS? what do you mean is that another cryptic message? i know what you mean, now is that the zoning issue you mentioned before? if these kids are that fast at ooltewah and all this speed we leaped in to suddenly we need to call espn and get some highlights. last but not least would you like it if someone put something negative on here (public forum) about you or your kids, talking about them being little, slow, or not athletic i doubt it very seriously!!!!! all i m saying is you have got a excuse or answer for everything and your always right, in your mind. CHILL OUT OWLPRIDE ITS JUST HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!!!!!!! oh yeah they might beat Silverdale but not Grace.

they are both out of high school they can handle it... i wasnt tryin to down them or anything, but i like the popcorn thingy that was pretty funny but no i was actually handing them water i got cut from the team i wasnt even good enough to sit on the sidelines!

hey volman, i did the popcorn just for you and could hand me a water with my popcorn lol

alright this is ryan ya know i thought when i clicked on the ooltewah football topic it would be ooltewah football not past players football but yes me and hunter and a few others were told we were to short.... i was even told in the middle of a game i was too short BUT thats not why i didnt play my senior year i didnt play because i knew my life wouldn't move on as a football player but as a baseball player so i played baseball all summer all fall and up till my senior season started. and you never saw why i even started? ha you must be the parent of a kid who never played right? and i dont even have to telll you why i started obviously coach benny and gatewood thought i was good enough to play for their team! for a coach to tell a player he is too short to play, yea its bad, but i have no hard feelings against coach benny. he is a really good coach so hey lets talk about ooltewah football and the upcoming season k? not whether or not he told me i was too short or whether or not he can verify it... the past is the past so let it go and talk about the future season! and thanks for who was sticking up for me and hunter we know we are short, ha big deal im playing baseball now i dont really care! hey everyone my height is 5' 5'' by the way! get a grip and stop bashing players ha past players too! cheer for your own team! or dont cheer at all! this is from an 18 year old kid and yall are probably.... how old? grow up!