Sullivan South vs. Science Hill

Recently, I was disturbed to read 2 things:

a concern from a SH fan that South Fans would not be hospitable.

I hope we showed you the warmest hospitality. Good luck with the remainder of your season.

a poster commented how the Rebel flag was an insult to him, and likened it to the SWASTIKA (sp?)

I'll guess, and to be safe, I'll guess that 99% of the South students and South faithful view the Rebel Flag as nothing but a tribute to our southern heritage and pride. I know that each person has their own opinions and I realize that some people may view this, sincerely, as an insult to their own heritage. I respect that--but I bet there are others who just want to stir this up. For you sincere ones, I can, sincerly, say that this is not targeting you and is, I feel, an innocent show of school spirit.

Go Rebels------

Anything I say will be sincere....and you can say what you want to about that flag but the bottom line is that you have heard that it is offensive to black americans. You choose to attempt to justify it any way you want but school spirit is not what I see when I see it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. South's coaching staff did a good job of attacking SHHS weakness and recognizing them during the course of the game. It lookes as the Toppers were trying to things offensively that they aren't capable of doing and unwilling to make changes.

topvol98,

I mean no disrespect to you or the toppers. I just post on here for fun and to pass time. I truely enjoy High School and College Football.

As a former coach I apreciate your support and enthusiasm for the Toppers and their coaches.

I also know Coach Carter's militiary background and that Army Ranger discipline has rubbed off on the Rebels.

Good Luck to you and your son.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

topvol98,

I mean no disrespect to you or the toppers. I just post on here for fun and to pass time. I truely enjoy High School and College Football.

As a former coach I apreciate your support and enthusiasm for the Toppers and their coaches.

I also know Coach Carter's militiary background and that Army Ranger discipline has rubbed off on the Rebels.

Good Luck to you and your son.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

None taken, I try to take responsibitlity when I fall short of my opnions.