Lenoir City 07

pantherfan1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did hear from several sets of parents that LC looked really bad and needs lots of help. No rotation for the lines and had several people play both ways all day and they couldn't hang.

This old warhorse was at the 4-way at Lenior City. Doubt if this panther fan was. Lenior City did compete with the teams that participated. Going both ways for most high school football teams is still popular for the better players. The Panthers need a feeder program that cooperates with the high school football team. Middle school football needs to be considered if LC is going to develop it's program to compete with the beasts in this 4A region.

The Panthers were not outstanding during the scrimmage but did show some flashes. QB started slow but made good decisions on some screen passes and quick slants. OL is big enough and did get some push. Starting RB runs hard. Defense hits well but skilled quys were overmatched speed wise by Sweetwater

Scrimmages are for evaluation and getting better. All 4 teams did that.

Warhorse is correct and the coachs agree, but it takes money from the school board to set up a middle school program. Hopefully it will come soon.

The boys look better than they did last year at this time, but still have a lot of work. The QB looked better last week in the passing league, but the receivers have got to catch the balls that are right at them.

As far as rotation: I'm sure the coachs would like to have alot more kids come out so they could develope the depth. Getting to play depends on the individual skill and play knowedge, which we all hope improves as the season moves forward to allow more rotation.

The boys and coachs need our support to provide the extra mental motivation to keep pushing harder to win.

To try to guess on an answer to panterfan1 question. I believe it will be more than 1, maybe 4 but I really don't know how strong the other teams will be this year(except MC). It depends on how the season starts.

I think Friday we play Cambell Cty and as the old warhorse said "Scrimmages are for evaluation and getting better".

What's your outlook for the Panthers this year?? Will they win more than 1 game??? I believe that you need to rotate to kep guys fresh. They have skill players behind the ones that play both ways but you have to be high on the coaches list before you see the field.

We are coming up there for a scrimage on friday, lenoir city is down this year, who is going to step up for them?

We are coming up there for a scrimage on friday, lenoir city is down this year, who is going to step up for them?

I have heard of a few players that have stuck out. Most are seniors and are on the line. Kevin Hensley, Keener, Marriott can all be good players. All played in the scrimmages and all played well.

Warhorse is correct and the coachs agree, but it takes money from the school board to set up a middle school program. Hopefully it will come soon.

The boys look better than they did last year at this time, but still have a lot of work. The QB looked better last week in the passing league, but the receivers have got to catch the balls that are right at them.

As far as rotation: I'm sure the coachs would like to have alot more kids come out so they could develope the depth. Getting to play depends on the individual skill and play knowedge, which we all hope improves as the season moves forward to allow more rotation.

The boys and coachs need our support to provide the extra mental motivation to keep pushing harder to win.

To try to guess on an answer to panterfan1 question. I believe it will be more than 1, maybe 4 but I really don't know how strong the other teams will be this year(except MC). It depends on how the season starts.

I think Friday we play Cambell Cty and as the old warhorse said "Scrimmages are for evaluation and getting better".

I agree with what you have said, my only point is that if a guy plays both ways and gets tired put a fresh player in, even if for just a couple of plays. This hurts LC because the coaches won't rotate.

I have heard of a few players that have stuck out. Most are seniors and are on the line. Kevin Hensley, Keener, Marriott can all be good players. All played in the scrimmages and all played well.

im glad to hear that.. were looking foward to comming up there fri. should get some good work in. Are yall still running the same offense and who is the qb?

im glad to hear that.. were looking foward to comming up there fri. should get some good work in. Are yall still running the same offense and who is the qb?

Wanted to see if anyone has an info on LC for the upcoming year?? Scrimmage games yesterday with Sweetwater, Heritage, McMinn Central and would like to know if they competed.

i heard that you are the MAN when it comes to football, is this true? could we make arrangements to met somewhere and talk X's and O's

im glad to hear that.. were looking foward to comming up there fri. should get some good work in. Are yall still running the same offense and who is the qb?im glad to hear that.. were looking foward to comming up there fri. should get some good work in. Are yall still running the same offense and who is the qb?

Senior Ben Satterfield is the quarterback and I think the offense will be the same.

i heard that you are the MAN when it comes to football, is this true? could we make arrangements to met somewhere and talk X's and O's

Not true, just a guy who likes to root for the underdog.