Tennessean Volleyball Primer 2007

play4keeps

Tennessean did a really nice article on Ravenwood incoming freshman (and volleyball phenom) Madelyn Hutson, along with the teams and players to watch list.

You can read it here.

I'm biased, I know, but check out how many of these midstate standouts play for Impact

I liked the article however I wish they would do a team capsule instead of having a pre-season article devoted entirely to a player who has yet to play a game i high school. Granted she will be a great one and I believe the best ever in the state but let's put out some preseaon info first!!!

i wish they would put more in the volleyball primer then they did

Yes, this is a far cry from the 2 page spread they do for football and basketball

A little more meat, a lot less fluff would be nice but after following this sport for 9 years, this is about what I expected...and if you ask the Tennessean I should probably be happy we've got that! I would have like to see prediction and standouts in ALL mid-state districts instead of just the "chosen" few.

P4K

I liked the article however I wish they would do a team capsule instead of having a pre-season article devoted entirely to a player who has yet to play a game i high school. Granted she will be a great one and I believe the best ever in the state but let's put out some preseaon info first!!!

These are good comments BUT they do have another chance or two. The midstate is composed of a number of Divisions and a number of districts. From a financial point of view, each school has at least 30 players and possibly 35-40 people associated with the program. With sponsers etc there are another 30 people associated. VB has grown dramatically in the past few years and has become a large industry. Officiating alone has made a dramatic leap as far as personel is concerned. Numerous coaches are now involved with the sport. So it has become more than a minor sport and it is obvious it is full of knowledgable people who know it very well. There will be other articles and the month of August is a good time to start along with the times of the great tournaments throughout Sept/Oct.