WHITES CREEK VS OOLTEWAH

PRIMETIME OWL

Ooltewah held the Cobras to 111 TOTAL yards. How can anyone who didn't see the game talk about about the defense? Holding a team to only 111 yards when you are playing 2-3 stringers the whole 4th quarter on defense isn't bad at all. It was a sloppy game but Ooltewah hasn't been able to practice in full pads about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks this preseason. Ooltewah is going to fine. They have 2 weeks until their next game. Should be a different Ooltewah team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What??? Who are you referring to as an "idiot" sir or madam (I CAN'T GUESS GENDER AT THIS POINT)???

First off, Ooltewah is not Riverdale PERIOD!!! If you think any different then you just go ahead and do so but to this point you have nothing to support your argument.

Yes Oak Ridge did beat the Warriors two years ago in the postseason but you and I know what usually happens when teams from that end see RIVERDALE (or anyone else from Region 4-5A for that matter).

2006: Smyrna over Ooltewah (28-25)

2005: Oak Ridge over Riverdale (17-0)

2004: Riverdale over Oak Ridge (42-28)

2003: Riverdale over Oak Ridge (17-13)

2002: Riverdale over Dobyns Bennett (14-9)

2001: Riverdale over Ooltewah (35-7)

1 TIME OUT OF 6 YEARS & IT WASN'T EVEN OOLTEWAH THAT DID IT & YOU ARE CALLING ME THE "IDIOT"????? IT'S A DARN GOOD THING THIS ISN'T BASEBALL. OOLTEWAH IS BATTING .000 AGAINST CLASS 5A TEAMS FROM REGION 4 & EAST-TN AS A WHOLE IS BATTING .167.

Guess again before you call someone an "idiot" okay genius.

I do believe Riverdale's run is over. Last year east TN won the 2A, 3A, and 4A and when the Red Rebels of Maryille move up to 5A Riverdale will never see another championship. As far as Region 2 5A being weak, I'd take it against any in the state. After all, we know the best football is played in the east.

thanks for the prediction of riverdales fall wheres the love!!!!!Remember in order to fall you must be at the top.I will guarantee you this your program is not on the level of riverdale yet!Could it be maybe? win a few states have your county open up a new school about every other year.I WILL GUARANTEE YOU THIS PEOPLE ON THE RIVERDALE BOARDS ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT OOLTEWAH!!!!

First of all - decent game by Ooltewah.

But some of you are giving the defense to much credit. At times WC manhandled Ooltewah's D-line (mainly in the first half).

The rushing stats were skewed heavily by some unforced, horrible tosses to the RB that never even came close to them. They lost 20-25 yards on 2-3 of these mishaps.

So WC did have a fair amount of rushing yards. Ooltewah's D bent but didn't break when they got into the redzone. Luckily their QB (and RB) can't throw the ball.

The thing that worries me was that WC ran the same 3 plays practically the whole entire game and we really didn't improve against it that much.

Offense - Brian Marshall was good as usual. The QB situation was kind of shaky - if not for two awesome catches by one of Ooltewah's biggest WRs may have been interceptions instead of TDs due to being way underthrown.

Although, I wouldn't worry too much about QB at this point. Only threw the ball around 6-7 times maybe. Once Ooltewah starts passing more efficiently (with time and experience) it will open it up for Brian more. He didn't have as many yards or any break away plays due to the lack of passing.

Overall - good first game. Obviously every team will have things to improve on.. just needs some QB experience and better tackling.

thanks for the prediction of riverdales fall wheres the love!!!!!Remember in order to fall you must be at the top.I will guarantee you this your program is not on the level of riverdale yet!Could it be maybe? win a few states have your county open up a new school about every other year.I WILL GUARANTEE YOU THIS PEOPLE ON THE RIVERDALE BOARDS ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT OOLTEWAH!!!!

Sparta boy, my alma mater has won 3 out of the last 4 state championships in 3A. Last year the only team better than them was the 4A state champ. What else does it take to be on top? As far as Ooltewah, they were strong last year and I expect them to contend for a state championship.

Ooltewah's Defense will be fine. You guys put to much into the first game of the season. Ooltewah hasn't been in full pads for a lot of the preseason so their tackling is subpar. I'm sure the coaches will work on tackling in the next 2 weeks. Shutting out anybody in the opening game is big no matter how it was done.

Ooltewah's Defense will be fine. You guys put to much into the first game of the season. Ooltewah hasn't been in full pads for a lot of the preseason so their tackling is subpar. I'm sure the coaches will work on tackling in the next 2 weeks. Shutting out anybody in the opening game is big no matter how it was done.

You are right,they will be fine,alot of schools,wish they played subpar and beat a decent team,what alot of people dont know is ooltewah played alot of young kids and got a shut out.I m not a big owls fan,but there are alot of good kids there and they work hard,parents are really into the program and love their program!!(I have friends there)and they get a little excited when they think they should ve beat someone worse,than expected,becuase of last years great run.

I remember driving back from Cookeville last year thinking that if anyone wanted to have their way with Ooltewah all they would have to do is run up the middle. Look what happend as the year wore on, no one could run on us. I trust Coach Monroe to make the adjustments needed to be ready for each and every game. While we all wanted a blow out, I think coach used this game to learn a lot about the team.

I spoke to Coach Monroe after the game and he seemed more upbeat than I expected. I think you are exactly right. First and of course foremost he wanted to win. BUT there were some other things he wanted to know that I think he got an answer to. I myself didn't think we played that well. Although winning 28-0 is hardly a bad game. Some things that were weighing heavy on his mind got answered I think. The "underclassman" are not your average "underclassman". Dear Lord can you imagine when they aren't sophmores and grow up on the field. SHEESH. That Veteran WB team better get them this year if they can. That Smith boy is a FREAK! Veterans like Caldwell and Marshall will keep things together. I wish I had a clip of Caldwell knocking that guy's helmet off. Surely someone has that. The Brady kid is only a sophmore as well. Exciting if you ask me. I think it will depend on how fast this team grows up. The veterans are the best of the best as well. I think we are in for an exciting year to say the least.