Week 0: Ravenwood vs. Goodpasture

bulldogger07

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game... from what i've heard even though they lost a lot, this may be ravenwood's best defense yet, the defensive cooridinator (Chad Kirby) must have done some major scheming this offseason or coach rector maight have been working his magic as well. Don't forget you have quarterback michael becker comin back. O and they have a new receiver in his first year as well who as tons of athleticism.. nick pease (junior), watch out for that name as he gains experience through the season, i would like to make a prediction but the only thing i know about goodpasture is that they seem to be in the state championship game every year with alcoa so they have to be pretty solid. I won't post a score but i'll post a ravenwood win with that home field. the big question mark for ravenwood is the offensive line who is only returning one starter in luke stansfield... but i'm pretty sure you can put him on the line by himself and he could hold off 3 maybe 4 guys good to be back for another high school football season... what are the questions marks and strengths of goodpasture?

wow can this kid jump over buildings as well? hold off 3 or 4 guys by himself now thats impressive maybe the Titans will draft him straight out of Ravenwood.

Congrats to Goodpasture for having make the plays when you need to.

As far as Ravenwood, it was a series of bonehead plays, especially the special team breakdown. I guess the Special Team coach has got his work cut out for him this week. The fumble at the one-yard line was hard to take. It would have put Ravenwood up 14-0. The block punt on the fourth down from around the forty, it was picked up and ran in for touchdown. The punt that nicked one of the Ravenwood player foot who was trying to get out of the way??¦the ball bounces funny at times. Goodpasture took it in for the touchdown a few player later. The defensive offside penalty for the extra point try in overtime was a good setup of Goodpasture. Didn??™t have to kick to tie the game when the ball is placed at 1-1/2 yard line. Decided not to kick and walked in it for the two points two win the game. It was a gutsy call by Goodpasture coach. No guts, no glory, and congrats!

its all about the talent!! Just because 5A has more kids that CAN become players doesnt mean their talent is any better than a school that has less to choose from.

Congrats to Godpasture from a former Madison Ram!

I've seen Alcoa beat one of D-II top programs over the last two years and the debate on some other topics has been could they compete at a 5A level every week and still have a winning record?

I ask the same question about Goodpasture!

I've seen Ravenwood play the last 2 years and felt like they had one of the top teams in TN. Now the Cougars have proved they are the better team. If you beat Ravenwood you should be able to beat Mcgav.

Good luck and looks like you are in the drives seat for a run at another 2A Championship game.