Blackman vs Lavergne

purple75gold

I was very disappointed last night. Our pass coverage was horendous taking nothing away from LaVernge but they ran the same pass play all night and it was wide open every time. Blackman's coaches never adjusted. Then on offense we could run up and down the field but for some reason in the 2nd and 3rd quarter we began to throw passes instead of running. Also there were too many dumb penalties and mistakes made on offense. I am proud to say though that we are much better than last year, but the pass coverage has got to improve or I think it might end with results like last year. But stick with it who knows maybe LC and R'dale will hold off on throwing the ball.

Good to know.....esp after we had over 100 passing yds against Riverdale last night.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very disappointed last night. Our pass coverage was horendous taking nothing away from LaVernge but they ran the same pass play all night and it was wide open every time. Blackman's coaches never adjusted. Then on offense we could run up and down the field but for some reason in the 2nd and 3rd quarter we began to throw passes instead of running. Also there were too many dumb penalties and mistakes made on offense. I am proud to say though that we are much better than last year, but the pass coverage has got to improve or I think it might end with results like last year. But stick with it who knows maybe LC and R'dale will hold off on throwing the ball.

Not being cocky by any means, but I wouldn't say Blackman's defense wasn't bad. LaVergne's WR's just couldn't be stopped. We didn't run the same play every time, it seemed like it because when we found the holes in the coverage, we went to the bread and butter. Coach Hester and the WR's did a great job at doing so. Wallace followed Gray every snap of the night and that resulted in big plays for the other WR's.

Tillery played great - 150 yards, 8.3 yard average.

So proud of Crocker's performance, and the receivers are astounding. It's good to know we have solid threats in both passing and rushing.

Not to take away from Blackman, though. They played great as well. 2 of the last 3 meetings with Blackman have been great games. A double-overtime appearance in '05, and a game that wasn't decided until the final seconds last night. I mean, 52-10 was great last year, but not for both teams. Blackman has showed major improvement.