Heat a factor again?

KeeperFan15

Just heard that Rutherford Co has same restrictions as last week. Anything before 5:30 can only be 1 -1/2hr. Post 5:30 start 2 hrs. max. Does anyone know if this applies to scheduled games as well?

This was sent to us HS officials from TSSAA:

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:25 PM

Subject: HEAT & HUMIDITY REMINDER!!!

Remember to take every precautionary option you can to deal with the extreme heat and humidity issue that exists early in our girls' soccer season. You can take official's timeouts for unusual heat or humidity which may create a health risk to the players. There is no set time or number of heat and humidity timeouts that can be called.

Call as needed!

---------------------

Some more things to add.

An officials time out stops the clock. Usually when I do a game I look for an opportune time when the ball is out of play that is a non impact to play (GK or TI near half). Here are some helpful things to make it go smoothly:

1. Dont throw water bottles on the field.

2. Players usually will try and come off the field. Try to keep them on the field and bring water to them

3. Keep track of your subs at this time

4. The clock will stop

5. For an officials time out, a restart with the whistle and proper signal to signal to timekeeper.

6. Dont throw water bottles on the field. (reinforcement)

Rutherford County schools are not allowed to play scheduled games today.

Vent Warning

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the county is doing what is in the best interest for the kids and doesn't want to see anyone in jeapordy. Maybe I am just ready to see the season get in full swing....but if that were truely the case, why are they allowing football to practice for 1 hr and 15 min at 4:00PM and soccer games scheuled after the sun goes down are cancelled? When I asked the district office this, they said it was because "those boys have been out in the heat most of the summer and can handle it". Aarrrghhhhhh! Sorry ladies, all that work this summer and the past few weeks in the heat doesn't count.

Just frustration. Balance of power always goes to not messing up Football, whether that be schedules, busses, or fields. I don't disagree with the decision because it is in the best interest of the kids. Just the reasoning or lack thereof. To MUJHB's point, even when played not necessarily the best soccer.

Rutherford County schools are not allowed to play scheduled games today.

Vent Warning

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the county is doing what is in the best interest for the kids and doesn't want to see anyone in jeapordy. Maybe I am just ready to see the season get in full swing....but if that were truely the case, why are they allowing football to practice for 1 hr and 15 min at 4:00PM and soccer games scheuled after the sun goes down are cancelled? When I asked the district office this, they said it was because "those boys have been out in the heat most of the summer and can handle it". Aarrrghhhhhh! Sorry ladies, all that work this summer and the past few weeks in the heat doesn't count.

You make a very good point. I`d have to question the intelligence at the district office.