topvol98

How does this game play out?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How does this game play out?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap, you might be right and I might have been been sugarcoating but if you want to discount what I said about the defensive backs then you can. I've watched the film at least 3 times over for editing purposes and except for the one long pass with the great catch everything else was up underneath where the linebackers would have been if not for the blitz. I don't think anyother qb in this are will have anywhere near the success that Phillips had against the Toppers. NO one else on their schedule, maybe the Bearden kid, can create time and but the ball in a spot where only his receivers can catch the ball with that velocity. Most of Phillips yards came in the latter stages of the third quarter and beyond when the cramps had taken it's toll on both corners.There was/is a considerable drop off when the replacements come on the field. Answer me this, how many interceptions have Phillips given up in his career. We had one interception dropped early in the game on a deep pass. Look at the film and everything is on come backs. Yeah our dbs were playing off but I think that if the coaches didn't want them to then they wouldn't have been. When I consider the inexperince and the cramps, for them not to give up anything deep late in the game I stand by what I said, maybe another word would have been more accurate but spam wasn't it. I don't care who the qb is as long as he's being productive. Like I said, I've been done beaten that horse. They got who they want .Yeah, it might have gotten under my scrawl when it seemed like the job was given to a kid who gets to play with a different set of rules than other kids get to play with and more than anything because I NEVER saw the big deal about the kid. Our defense was on Phillips tail all night long, and he has the speed, smarts and arm strength to do exactly what he wants to do. I knew last year he was coming off the shoulder surgery and I don't know if he's that much better than last year but the more I watched the more impressed I was with him. So if you want to criticize a group on this team, critique them but leave the name calling to the kids. If you want to bad mouth our kids, I will be the first to defend them but I say my opnion and that's all it is. Don't like it, don't read it but I'm going to say what I think before and after games not only after we win. Cap if you want a copy of the film I have, you know how to get at me and I'll let you see and you can judge for yourself but if you want to take the words of the "informed" then you do that but those same informed have been talking about our team out of their behind all year.

Did SH play that bad last week against South? Just asking since there seems to alot of anger showing on here toward Coach Smith already after only 1 game

It wasn't pretty and their things that aren't fully understood but I think it's more out of disappointment. I for one look for things to be fixed but most of the SHHS posters on here that I know of have kids that are seniors and dont' want the building of the future to take away from this season. Maybe it's overconfidence in the kids and their talent but it was a disappointing performance.

Sorry about that, but we used most of our JV to beat your varsity on Thursday and they need rest.

Interesting comment based on pipe dreams. The only thing I could question on South's decision making Thursday night was keeping the starters, including Curt Phillips, in on the last series of the game. (leading 27-7).

Good Luck with the rest of your season.

It wasn't pretty and their things that aren't fully understood but I think it's more out of disappointment. I for one look for things to be fixed but most of the SHHS posters on here that I know of have kids that are seniors and dont' want the building of the future to take away from this season. Maybe it's overconfidence in the kids and their talent but it was a disappointing performance.

I can understand that. since 2002 the cyclones have been down. I hope we can start the climb back up towards the top, its going to take time but it can be done. I have always followed SH and other than the 1 friday night each year I pull for them, CS can bring them back just like CW can Betsy its just going to take time. Good luck friday and take it easy on us ok -- lol..... You guys want run me off if me and wife come over to your side to watch the betsy band will ya? My daughter is in it...

If Sharpe's the man at QB, then it looks like you're gonna have to give him plenty of running game like he had at Boone last year.

I believe I read that he was something like 11 of 37 with 3 INT last week.

Maybe just a bad game, but like I said, at Boone, he only really passed occasionally after the running game had the defense packed in at the line of scrimmage.

Come on Topvol…you’re going to have to get your head out of the sand! Many of us (at least myself) look to you as being one of if not the main voices of the Hill on coacht…but when you make statements like “the SH secondary played outstanding considering” you take away the legitimacy of your past or future remarks. I know you want to be a positive voice for your team, but I don’t think the secondary themselves would use the word “outstanding” to describe any aspect of their play in last weeks game. I admit…I didn’t see the game personally, but have seen the stats (222 yds; 2 TD’s; and no INT’s), and I have heard the comments of several very dependable source on here and their take on the SH secondary play last week is anything but “outstanding”…as a matter of fact they seem to be overly reserved in their comments (I think out of respect for you)…but I can read between the lines and so can most others. If you want to be a positive factor for your team stop wearing your emotions on your sleeve in every post about the QB situation…it’s not going to change the situation. If anything it will make coach G more determined to prove you wrong (we are all only human you know). Let it go and make the best of this season for everybody’s sake. These guys that post on hear are cool but they are for “the other” team and would like nothing better than to have you spill your guts and potentially give up insider info. But that can’t be good for the “home team” and could potentially strain relationships on the field. Some things are out of our control no matter what we say or do…but we can always support our kids and teach them to always do their best and to take advantage and make the best of any and all of the cards they are dealt in life, instead of complaining that they didn’t get the cards they wanted. I hope you understand what I’m saying and take my words for how they were intended.

It seems that your dependable sources have already trumped my legitimacy so I can't do anything about that. I'm going on my expectations of the group for what I thought could happen going into the game. Most of those passing yards came after the defense was on the field for 10 of the 12 minutes in the third quarter at the corners who came in to replace the cramped kids. Both touchdown passes came within the ten yard line after long drives. I take offense to an adult calling a kid out with the venom that was done by that south fan. I was asked a question and answered it. I really can care less who's the qb as long as he can do the job. Yeah, when I talk about my kids my emotions are on my sleeve can't do anything about that, not sure if I want to either. I know what your saying with your words but if you want to be spank my hand, I'm not sure a public forum is not the best way to make your point heard since you know how to get at me other ways but to each their own. You know how us strong black types are when being rebuffed. If you want a copy or want to watch the film to see for yourself let me know and I'll see what I can do but if you want to tell me how to react to someone elses opnion then that's your prerogative. I ain't mad at you.

It seems that your dependable sources have already trumped my legitimacy so I can't do anything about that. I'm going on my expectations of the group for what I thought could happen going into the game. Most of those passing yards came after the defense was on the field for 10 of the 12 minutes in the third quarter at the corners who came in to replace the cramped kids. Both touchdown passes came within the ten yard line after long drives. I take offense to an adult calling a kid out with the venom that was done by that south fan. I was asked a question and answered it. I really can care less who's the qb as long as he can do the job. Yeah, when I talk about my kids my emotions are on my sleeve can't do anything about that, not sure if I want to either. I know what your saying with your words but if you want to be spank my hand, I'm not sure a public forum is not the best way to make your point heard since you know how to get at me other ways but to each their own. You know how us strong black types are when being rebuffed. If you want a copy or want to watch the film to see for yourself let me know and I'll see what I can do but if you want to tell me how to react to someone elses opnion then that's your prerogative. I ain't mad at you.

Sorry??¦I haven??™t paid my fee yet this season and I only keep email in my inbox for a period of time and then they are deleted. If you still have mine shoot me one so I can get yours again.

Sorry??¦I haven??™t paid my fee yet this season and I only keep email in my inbox for a period of time and then they are deleted. If you still have mine shoot me one so I can get yours again.

It's all good and my opnions are just that mine. I over vent. My son is very happy with his roll on the team because team comes first. He hates losing and I hate seeing him hurt from it.

I've watched the game film from SH vs. South, and I have to say I wasn't impressed with the offensive line of SH at all. Don't give me that "they had a great defense" garbage, because you can't coach speed. If Science Hill can score, they may win. But I think they have a few question marks at the OT position, especially LT. In the film, he got off the ball so slow that the DE ran around him every time. Their's not a doubt in my mind that Jake Davis, Bo Carter, and Vic DeLoach can all run around him with little difficulty. This is what mainly hurt them against South. If they win, it'll be close. 'Betsy won't go down without a fight.

EHS by a field goal (Yes, we can make those now.)