CAK @ Cherokee

vandamme

This is how you judge a football team...You have a strategy, you go out to execute and all of a sudden you get hit in the mouth. What do you do? Nothing against Boyd, but I think CAK is going to get hit in the mouth in the first quarter. Cherokee is going to try to come out and try and prove they are more physical than "some rich kid from CAK who has grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth". Now the question is, how will they respond after that first punch is thrown and there lip is bloodied. I think that defines a team, everyone can give good effort when you are ahead, but what happens when you are behind. I think Cherokee will take it to CAK in the first half, I also believe that CAK can win this one in the second half. But you have to man up and fight back. You have to throw a couple of body shots, mix in a jab, then hit them with a 60 yard hay maker. Take the Fight to Cherokee!

AAHHH....The old rope-a-dope.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how you judge a football team...You have a strategy, you go out to execute and all of a sudden you get hit in the mouth. What do you do? Nothing against Boyd, but I think CAK is going to get hit in the mouth in the first quarter. Cherokee is going to try to come out and try and prove they are more physical than "some rich kid from CAK who has grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth". Now the question is, how will they respond after that first punch is thrown and there lip is bloodied. I think that defines a team, everyone can give good effort when you are ahead, but what happens when you are behind. I think Cherokee will take it to CAK in the first half, I also believe that CAK can win this one in the second half. But you have to man up and fight back. You have to throw a couple of body shots, mix in a jab, then hit them with a 60 yard hay maker. Take the Fight to Cherokee!

You make it sound like this is a new concept to the Warriors. Every team CAK has played since 2002 has had that same mentality. I dont expect Cherokee to surprise the Warriors in any way. The same things that are being said about this Cherokee team were said about the Johnson County teams they have played in the past. Good luck Warriors.

CAK has 63 players on their roster and they recruit no one if they did they would have alot more size. CAK just gets the absolute most out of everyone and they don't make many mistakes.

I got the roster #'s right here on coach T. My post said nothing about recruiting, I said they have picked up some talent.

CAK took it to Powell in the Jamboree and beat Boyd in their first game.

Both teams are down this year. This will be their real first challenge.

Shelia, Boyd Buchanan is not down this year, they are a very talented team. Let me guess that if CAK beats Cherokee, you are going to say that Cherokee is down this year and CAK's next game will be their first challenge.

Hokay, so heres the deal with CAK, i will begin with the negatives...

CAK has the smallest line, no, the smallest team taking the field on friday nights (excluding TSD and Kings Academy)

CAK should be 1A and they are playing a 4A school

CAK does not recruit

Now on to the positives...

CAK has the former Vols line coach... so that pretty much rules out the line issues- and people please stop bringin that up, everyone has said it for years and its just getting old

CAK has been conditioning since, well since their loss to Alcoa last year in the second round- 32 110's is pretty impressive considering UT only runs 30

CAK, as someone put it earlier, is extremely well coached and gets the most out of every player on the team

CAK, i hope Rusty Bradley doesn't sue for copyright infringement here, gives more effort and shows more discipline and dedication than any team i've ever seen

And now on to the playmakers...

On defense... Jesse Burdette (redneck), Gabe Atkinson (the somewhat ignorant weightroom junky), John G (ninja), and theres someone else... cornerback trevor brown? no maybe the Has DL Huddleston... no o wait i remembered- Joseph Bennett-all-state linebacker... you may have heard of him.

On offense... Chris Cates speaks for himself and when he doesnt Scott and High do. And on to CAK's newest addition: the run game?? Kolinski (power back) Sanford (scat back) and Joseph Bennett (did you know he plays offense too!?)

From what i hear cherokee is powerful and is ready to hit CAK in the mouth, but they're rich enough (as someone so kindly added earlier) to buy nice mouthguards for that kind of thing. Its nothing the warriors havn't seen or heard before, they will handle it. I will give cherokee the advantage of the wing T, but as long as they can handle that i am confident in saying that the Warrior offense will put up a few more leading the CAK Warriors to a 2 touchdown victory and a 2-0 season going into louden next week.

You make it sound like this is a new concept to the Warriors. Every team CAK has played since 2002 has had that same mentality. I dont expect Cherokee to surprise the Warriors in any way. The same things that are being said about this Cherokee team were said about the Johnson County teams they have played in the past. Good luck Warriors.

Yeah and most of the time I found out I was tougher than those country boys anyway