CAK @ Cherokee

vandamme

APSU,

It looks like you have played against the Wing T before or you are a coach. Which one is it?

If Cherokee has big physical backs, it makes it actually easier to stop the Wing T...What makes it so hard, is when you have those little scat back types shooting around all over the place. Big Backs can give some problems, you have to tackle them the same way you would chop down a tree, hit them low and hard and over and over again.

Sounds to me like Cherokee may be up at the half, but I am going to step out on a limb here and say that CAK will make a strong second half push and come out with the victory.

Another thing CAK has going against them is the long bus ride. It is hard to get loose and ready to play a game after spending an hour or more on one of those yellow monsters, plus you get out of your routine. Everything seems rushed, from being taped to finding out where to put your stuff in the locker room or even the little things, like where do you get the water.

Someone from Cherokee if you wouldnt mind, tell me the best way to get to the school from Knoxville and about how long it will take.

Good luck to both teams. Our thoughts are still with the Boyd QB Nick Hughes who got hurt Friday night. Hope everything turns out OK.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way from Knoxville is take I40 to I81 take exit 8(Morristown) and stay right. Stay on 25E until you come to Bean Station/Rogersville exit that puts you on 11W. This comes straight into Rogersville. You will pass Holiday Inn on right. Passed that you will see the Rogersville welcome sign and you bear right onto Main St. After that take the Hwy66 exit right. Stay on that road and the school will be on the right. Another way to go is come up Rutledge Pike on 11E and take Rogersville exit. Once on 11W use same directions as coming off 25E. I hope this helps you out.

Cherokee does run the wing-t. They are big and have speed. All I know about CAK is my wife's cousins went to school there back in the 90's. It should be a good game. Cherokee is in good shape as well. Last week Rutledge was dropping like flies with cramps and things but Cherokee's conditioning kept them going 4 quarters. I hope CAK brings alot of fans with them. It is always good to meet new people and enjoy HS football.

Good Luck to a classy bunck from CAK. Thanks for all your support for our QB, you are very kind.

PS. You boys from Cherokee should schedule some therapy for after the game. You will wake up late at night seeing #45 coming after you.

CAK took it to Powell in the Jamboree and beat Boyd in their first game.

Both teams are down this year. This will be their real first challenge.

This is how you judge a football team...You have a strategy, you go out to execute and all of a sudden you get hit in the mouth. What do you do? Nothing against Boyd, but I think CAK is going to get hit in the mouth in the first quarter. Cherokee is going to try to come out and try and prove they are more physical than "some rich kid from CAK who has grown up with a silver spoon in his mouth". Now the question is, how will they respond after that first punch is thrown and there lip is bloodied. I think that defines a team, everyone can give good effort when you are ahead, but what happens when you are behind. I think Cherokee will take it to CAK in the first half, I also believe that CAK can win this one in the second half. But you have to man up and fight back. You have to throw a couple of body shots, mix in a jab, then hit them with a 60 yard hay maker. Take the Fight to Cherokee!