CAK @ Cherokee

vandamme

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well go ahead and start this one. I dont know much about Cherokee.

I hope the Cheifs can win dont know much about either team this year. But I do respect both teams . I like Cherokee the times we have played them they have been tough hard nose teams. The fans down there that Ive talked too have been really nice. I support Cherokee as long as their not playing us. Although I do remember the time that Coach Luns got threw out and that was one of the best played games by Cloudland that ive ever seen. If im not mistaken we won that night. Anyway good luck Cheifs from a fan @ Cloudland nothing against CAK even though u helped rob us of a state title one year lol.

From what I read in the paper Cherokee had some beastly stats against Rutledge racking up over 300 yards of offense, and over 200 on the ground. Sounds like a big physical team. They should be a test to see if CAKs speed can overcome Cherokee's power. CAKs defense was dominant in stopping the run against Boyd last night but they havent faced a team as physical as Cherokee. I expect CAKs offensive speed to overcome Cherokee's and a CAK win +7.

I got CAK by 17. Cherokee may be bigger and more physical but every team Cak plays is bigger than CAK. Boyd Buchannon arguably has one of the best lines in 2a and they were big if you were at the game. But CAK dominated them they couldn't get anything done. Cherokee doesn't have the speed to match up with CAK.

CAK by 14. I am sure CAK will be practicing hard from Monday on. Cherokke may have some big guys, but no way they are quicker than CAK. If CAK can get the ball to Keenan Kolinsky, then he can make the big plays. It takes more than one guy to stop him. Cherokee's offense better watch out for joseph Bennett because he will come out of nowhere and drop someone to the ground.

Cherokee has always een really a physical running team. They have to run the wingT so that they can even have a chance against conference foes such as MoWest, MoEast, Greeneville, and Volunteer this year also has a fast team. They have never been faster than anyone, just more physical. They like to run down your throat and keep the clock going. I heard CAK is a pretty fast school. We played Boyd in the 1st round last year and they were decent outside of the great speed from 1 of their running backs. Since I am a Chief alum, I will swing my vote to the red and black.

Did I read that correctly? Cherokee runs the Wing T.....If this is the case, it will be very difficult for CAK to defend. They havent played anyone in several years who ran the Wing T. The last team to run a true Wing T against CAK would be Asheville School 3 years ago. This is completely different for the linebackers. It helps negate the team defensive speed from CAK, if you go where you think the ball is...You will be wrong. This should be a good warmup though, since CAK will be seeing it again this year from Webb.

Someone tell me if Cherokee runs the Wing T for sure. There is noway to simulate it in practice, it takes years to learn how to run it correctly. I still expect the Warriors will have a great offensive game and by mid second quarter the defense should be catching on.

Another Toss Up in my opinion.