MBA vs Independence

johnooos

That sounds like a horrible idea. I hope they dont try it. I think those guys would be more benificial in the field rather than rushing the QB, taking themseleves out of the play most likely. MBA does not even pass that much. Also how do you know his first step is slow? If its that bad how does he have offers from half the SEC?

its amazing what being 6'4+/300lbs+ will get you....just look at alex hurst from arlington whos considering tennessee, ole miss and notre dame, among offers from other schools. ive heard from a kid that plays on the same offensive line he does that hes horrible. oh yeah, hes 6'6 around 320. BUT that is a mere one example, and im sure there havent been any others like that come from the ranks of tennessee high school football. (sarcasm.)

its amazing what being 6'4+/300lbs+ will get you....just look at alex hurst from arlington whos considering tennessee, ole miss and notre dame, among offers from other schools. ive heard from a kid that plays on the same offensive line he does that hes horrible. oh yeah, hes 6'6 around 320. BUT that is a mere one example, and im sure there havent been any others like that come from the ranks of tennessee high school football. (sarcasm.)

sorry for getting off topic....i digress.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will Independence adjust its offensive gameplan to counteract the pass rush?

Defensively, I'd love to see Consiglio or even Pettigrew lining up at end on a few downs...Bailey's first step is extremely slow but he's so big and strong that he usually overpowers HS DEs. If you can line up a strong guy with speed across from him, you can get to the QB. It's worth a shot, since you're basically conceding that side of the line otherwise.

wow you're crazy if u think bailey's slow, even if it is his first step. he showed me something when Jacques McClendon, UT DT from Baylor, couldn't get past him when bailey was a SOPHOMORE. now with it being his senior year...i doubt there will be anyone that gets past him or gets the jump on

its amazing what being 6'4+/300lbs+ will get you....just look at alex hurst from arlington whos considering tennessee, ole miss and notre dame, among offers from other schools. ive heard from a kid that plays on the same offensive line he does that hes horrible. oh yeah, hes 6'6 around 320. BUT that is a mere one example, and im sure there havent been any others like that come from the ranks of tennessee high school football. (sarcasm.)sorry for getting off topic....i digress.

i am going to go off topic and talk about IHS..... they are a great team all around with terrible decisions being made by coaches and the QB. First off the OB situation is ridiculous Cordell can be read like a childrens book from the line he only looks to the reciever he is throwing to and coachs do nothing about it. If Cordell could move in the pocket and see the field he would notice recievers such as Reese, Veres, and Parker open alot more than his speedster Baugh. Coaches wake up use your threats. All of them? Peddigrew has good hands as well as speed he can be a reciever as well, from the backfield. The BA game was tough to watch but the defense did there job you can't expect them to be on the field 8 to 9 times in the 1st half and come away with no points especially when drives start on IHS 40 yd line. I think IHS will be looked over by teams but the talent is there to go far, the coaches can only screw that up. MBA will have its handsful come Friday Night....GO EAGLES!!!!!!

i am going to go off topic and talk about IHS..... they are a great team all around with terrible decisions being made by coaches and the QB. First off the OB situation is ridiculous Cordell can be read like a childrens book from the line he only looks to the reciever he is throwing to and coachs do nothing about it. If Cordell could move in the pocket and see the field he would notice recievers such as Reese, Veres, and Parker open alot more than his speedster Baugh. Coaches wake up use your threats. All of them? Peddigrew has good hands as well as speed he can be a reciever as well, from the backfield. The BA game was tough to watch but the defense did there job you can't expect them to be on the field 8 to 9 times in the 1st half and come away with no points especially when drives start on IHS 40 yd line. I think IHS will be looked over by teams but the talent is there to go far, the coaches can only screw that up. MBA will have its handsful come Friday Night....GO EAGLES!!!!!!

I think Cordell will do well as your games progress. I saw he and your offense improve from the first half to the second half. Keep in mind, he had to deal with a very tenacious athletic pass rush on the first game of the season. Possibly the most tenacious and athletic that he will see all year. I believe you are correct to be optimistic and I predict that Cordell will work his way in to your optimism soon

I would love to see Indy win this one, but the odds are stacked against them some when you play a team of "hired guns".

Yes guys, after Page I am an Indy fan and a Franklin fan. I hope they do well. You can't say the Eagles shy away from competition.

Bulldog,

With our little buddy gone I am agreeing with you more and more. No one can say IHS's schedule is weak this year. I know how you feel with the boundry zones for Independence, but at least we have them, unlike some schools. Oh, is this going to get them buzzing...lol.

Tnsparty, I did not ever have a problem with Indy. I told you that. By the way if you check the SH threads, they are much worse this year.

I hope that Indy does well. One of the issues that I have is people who live in our district and work in our district but our school is not good enough for their kids.

Speaking of boundaries...any truth to Indy being over 2000 students soon?

IT will be a good game, dont get too cocky so soon, MBA can only run the ball so it is going to be alot easier for teams to defend because they dont have to worry about the pass one bit. But MBA is good and so is Indy, but i see MBA pulling this out at the very end

True. But it would be nice to see MBA open up the passing game just a little bit