Chattanooga area rankings

chasanooga

And to follow up my statement with the Owls and Clev.

Cleveland's opponents record is 86-91-27

Owls opponents are 120-69-36

Still think the Lady Owls should be ahead of Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland, Mcminn Co. play somebody during the season...

I would think that Cleveland whipping of BC would have been enough to quiet you, but the fact that Cleveland also beat OHS should indicate to you that CHS is better than BC, McMinn, OHS and etc. First tie breaker is head to head, advantage CHS.

By the way who has BC played that makes their schedule so much tougher?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that Cleveland whipping of BC would have been enough to quiet you, but the fact that Cleveland also beat OHS should indicate to you that CHS is better than BC, McMinn, OHS and etc. First tie breaker is head to head, advantage CHS.

By the way who has BC played that makes their schedule so much tougher?

First I did not compare BC to Cleveland, I compared them to Mcminn Co.

Second, I DID compare Cleveland to the Owls, and stand by my logic that the Owls should be ranked ahead of Cleveland. I will agree that with quality teams any team can win on any givin night. But the facts are these.

Strength of schdule goes to the Owls, they have played 5 ranked teams, Centennial, Farragut, Siegel, N. Dame, Baylor.

Clev. has played only N. Dame and the Owls.

If we use only head to head than I purpose that Soddy should be ranked ahead of Clev. There combined oppenents record is 110-72-30 and playing againest 4 ranked teams.

But Hey.... It's almost Tourny time, so all this is really a mood point. My prediction is Clev(1) and BC(2) will come out of the district and play SD(1), Lady Owls (2) with Owls and SD in the region tourny.

Comments anyone....now be nice

According to Euro.. Bradley Centrals combined opponents record is 78-79-20

Mcminn co. combined opponents record is 89-101-24, at least B.Central opponents almost have a .500 record. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Sorry guys didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I was just looking at the teams oppenents records only. so I did go back and check each team out ( BC & McMinn CO.) to see if one played more quality oppenents than the other. What I noticed is McMinn played more Knox. schools and BC played more Chatt. teams.....which I found interesting. So really after looking at it more in more detail I'm still stuck with BC oppenents record is 82-81-20 while Mcminn Co. oppenents record is 93-110-24. Strenghth of schdule goes to BC. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

What I noticed is McMinn played more Knox. schools and BC played more Chatt. teams.....which I found interesting. So really after looking at it more in more detail I'm still stuck with BC oppenents record is 82-81-20 while Mcminn Co. oppenents record is 93-110-24. Strenghth of schdule goes to BC. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think I'd be careful using the raw numbers as a way to generate some kind of artifical "strenght of schedule" rating because the raw numbers tell a misleading story, if they tell any story at all. Take BC for example. Seventy (70) of its "opponent's wins" came from 6 teams: Grace, Hixon, McMinn (counted twice on Eurosport), Ooltewah, Soddy-Daisy, and Cleveland. So the other 9 teams on the schedule had a combined total number of wins of 12 or an average of 1.3 wins each. What does that mean? Very little. Or maybe it just means that BC played 6 good teams and 9 that were not very good - on a relative scale.

Sorry guys didn't mean to ruffle feathers. I was just looking at the teams oppenents records only. so I did go back and check each team out ( BC & McMinn CO.) to see if one played more quality oppenents than the other. What I noticed is McMinn played more Knox. schools and BC played more Chatt. teams.....which I found interesting. So really after looking at it more in more detail I'm still stuck with BC oppenents record is 82-81-20 while Mcminn Co. oppenents record is 93-110-24. Strenghth of schdule goes to BC. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You need to go a little further when making this strength statement. #1. While McMinn has three teams (Walker Valley, Station Camp and Kingston) who appear to have not put in all of their scores, Bradley has more (Walker Valley, Boyd, Chatt Central, Red Bank, Siverdale and Sweetwater). So i would guess that would drastically change the opponents record. #2. Go one step further and see who each teams opponents are playing. Example- McMinn played Smyrna, Beech, Karns and Maryville--who combined have played 13 ranked teams.

As i said before, Bradley should be ranked above McMinn based on Head to Head. But not on strength of schedule.

Week 8 rankings Oct 8-14

1. Baylor 12-0-4, tied Ooltewah 0-0, beat CCS 1-0, will pay GPS Tuesday @ Baylor for region/district championship.

2. Notre Dame 9-3-3, lost to Bearden 5-1, won season district title and will host district tourney, will play East Ridge Tuesday.

3. (tie) Cleveland 12-2-2, beat East Ridge 6-0, beat McMinn Central 5-2, will play Cumberland County in district as top seed in 5-AAA tourney.

3. (tie) Ooltewah 10-5-3, tied Baylor 0-0 for a huge boost of confidence going into the district tourney, will play Red Bank in district tourney

5. GPS 4-6-6, beat Webb 3-0, will play Baylor Tuesday for region/district championship.

6. CCS 8-6-4, beat Red Bank 5-0, lost to Baylor 1-0 in hard fought match, will play Hixson Tuesday @ ND.

7. Soddy Daisy 9-5-2, beat Cumberland County 6-0, will play Chatt Central as top seed in 6-AAA in district tourney.

8. Hixson 9-3-4, no games this week will play CCS in district tourney Tuesday @ ND.

9. Grace 11-3-0, beat Walker valley 2-0, beat Telico 10-0, won regular season district title and will host games.

10.(tie) McMinn County 10-5-3, beat McMinn Central 4-0, beat Rhea County 5-0, will play Bradley Central Tuesday.

10. (tie) Bradley Central 8-5-2, no games this week, will play McMinn County for bragging rights Tuesday.

12. Boyd Buchanon 10-4-1, beat Sweetwater 5-1, have been tough to follow because of incomplete info on Eurosport.

corrected records are welcome

[10.(tie) McMinn County 10-5-3, beat McMinn Central 4-0, beat Rhea County 5-0, will play Bradley Central Tuesday.

10. (tie) Bradley Central 8-5-2, no games this week, will play McMinn County for bragging rights Tuesday.

Well. We can put this one to rest. McMinn 4 Bradley 0

[10.(tie) McMinn County 10-5-3, beat McMinn Central 4-0, beat Rhea County 5-0, will play Bradley Central Tuesday.

Well. We can put this one to rest. McMinn 4 Bradley 0

True that...Well done Mcminn Co.. As a stand up guy I was wrong, and stand corrected /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="