EAST HICKMAN

LiLolme

okayy i dont know who you are but what gives you the right to straight up dog the victory boys ???!!! ive heard from more than one football player that the victorys are great athletes and are really good at what they do. you dont see us dogging on specific east boys dont straight forwardly dog our players !!!

If he can get on here and call folks idiots and degrade East. And brag on his kids, and pat himself on the back. then he better be ready to take some shots too. No ill intent/or any call outs intended towards any players. As you can read my post, I praise both teams. But evidently you did not read his little threats. I dont take kindly to that...........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he can get on here and call folks idiots and degrade East. And brag on his kids, and pat himself on the back. then he better be ready to take some shots too. No ill intent/or any call outs intended towards any players. As you can read my post, I praise both teams. But evidently you did not read his little threats. I dont take kindly to that...........

no call outs to any players ??? whatever you put VICTORY in big letters HELLO !!!! thats a call out. and sayin they dont get a lot of playing time and stuff. and im sorry i know if you were on here talkin about me my momma would be on here threatening you too !

Uh oh. Now we got the momas mad too. First the cheerleaders. Now the momas. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Shoot, I might skip Harpeth's week 9 game and go watch the Hatfields and McCoys tee it up in Hickman County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Uh oh. Now we got the momas mad too. First the cheerleaders. Now the momas. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Shoot, I might skip Harpeth's week 9 game and go watch the Hatfields and McCoys tee it up in Hickman County! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some of these adults need to grow up and understand first and formost that we are talking about a game....[ something you have fun doing] this doesnt sound fun... Leave it to the kids to play and the parents to support but there is no need for this nonsense...

ITS A GAME... LET THE KIDS HAVE FUN....PARENTS ARE RUINING THE FUN!!!!

I agree downtheline. Everyone will survive. Creekwood and Dickson survived. Harpeth, Cheatham and Sycamore survived. We're not reinventing the wheel here. The rivalry will be intense and it will be alot of fun for the participants once this initial newness wears off. Wait until there's another split and you've got 2 in county rivals each! It gets really fun then. But believe me, it's here to stay. The Harpeth parents that graduated from Cheatham County Central way back when are Harpeth blue through and through. They always were the river rats when they were at Cheatham and they still call them that today! But the rivalry is alot of fun and it only got better when Sycamore split off too. You'll live through it. Don't take stuff too seriously.I agree downtheline. Everyone will survive. Creekwood and Dickson survived. Harpeth, Cheatham and Sycamore survived. We're not reinventing the wheel here. The rivalry will be intense and it will be alot of fun for the participants once this initial newness wears off. Wait until there's another split and you've got 2 in county rivals each! It gets really fun then. But believe me, it's here to stay. The Harpeth parents that graduated from Cheatham County Central way back when are Harpeth blue through and through. They always were the river rats when they were at Cheatham and they still call them that today! But the rivalry is alot of fun and it only got better when Sycamore split off too. You'll live through it. Don't take stuff too seriously.

I agree downtheline. Everyone will survive. Creekwood and Dickson survived.

There wasn't and isn't near the bad blood between Dickson and CW. They haven't even played each other in varsity football yet. There was a freshman game this year which DC won 41-0, just had to throw that out there /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I did not insinuate that all parents that allowed their children go to East were idiots. There are other issues,such as money and travel expense involved with some going to HC. I understand some had no choice financially and I am just blessed to be able to make it happen for my children. I did say if a parent pushed their children to the East school because of a rivalry, they were idiots. I have also numerous times complimented the athletic ability of the 9th and 10th graders at East and they are very good children and ball players. My youngest son played for EMS for 2 yrs and I like to see them do well. But, You have taken it in a bad direction talking smack about my boys, and I consider that as low as you can get. I'll not feud with you anymore, just hide behind the screen you will be alright. Thanks cheerdawg for standing up for my boys.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> So only the ones that couldn't afford to provide transportation to Hickman aren't idiots?

Dang. Tough momas in Hickman County.

Some might take issue with a parent that chose a school based on athletics period. Looks like they'd have been better off to draw a boundary and made everybody go to the school they're zoned for. Nobody's an idiot then. They're all going where they're zoned to go and you don't have to be 'blessed' to go to one school over the other.

Just a thought.

As a Columbia grad, I never knew we had a rivalry with Spring Hill. Must be a Saturn thang. They were 1A forever and Central was always 3A. The closest thing we had to a blood rival was Mt. Pleasant in basketball. In football, the out of region rivalry was with Franklin and inside the region there really wasn't one. Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Coffee County, Franklin County and Lincoln County were all pretty much equal. To me, my old school didn't have anything like the rivalries my kids school has in Cheatham County where all 3 schools are close to the same size and they start playing against each other in football at kindergarten age.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> So only the ones that couldn't afford to provide transportation to Hickman aren't idiots?

Dang. Tough momas in Hickman County.

Some might take issue with a parent that chose a school based on athletics period. Looks like they'd have been better off to draw a boundary and made everybody go to the school they're zoned for. Nobody's an idiot then. They're all going where they're zoned to go and you don't have to be 'blessed' to go to one school over the other.

Just a thought.

As a Columbia grad, I never knew we had a rivalry with Spring Hill. Must be a Saturn thang. They were 1A forever and Central was always 3A. The closest thing we had to a blood rival was Mt. Pleasant in basketball. In football, the out of region rivalry was with Franklin and inside the region there really wasn't one. Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Coffee County, Franklin County and Lincoln County were all pretty much equal. To me, my old school didn't have anything like the rivalries my kids school has in Cheatham County where all 3 schools are close to the same size and they start playing against each other in football at kindergarten age.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. There were several kids that had very good oportunities and Colleges looking at them at HCHS and they are Jrs and Srs. They were given a choice to stay at HC high or go to East. There were certain people that chose to send their JRs and SRs to East due to a hate for the HCHS community for whatever reason. I simply meant to say, it isn't and wouldn't be in a child's best interest to put them at East with such an opportunity to be on top the last 1 or 2 yrs of their High School Yr. I made a blanket statement and I didn't mean all parents were idiots, I guess I assumed the guilty parties knew what I was speaking of. I repeat, I did not mean to imply all East parents were idiots by any means. However, I never would speak of a childs name on here in a negative way. I hope this clears that up. And the Rivalry I speak of in Spring Hill and Columbia was a very respected on and brought a lot of revenue into the school that hosted the game, it was friendly.

the parents never made there children decide where they wanted to go they made that choice on there own i don`t understand why there is so much hate in this countywe should be cheering each other on and when it does come down to game day we should play to win the game the east and centerville game isn`t untill the ninth week both teams have games to worry about before that like the games their about to play east needs to worry about beating richland this week and centerville needs to worry about harpethboth teams have a good chance to win this week good luck to both

the parents never made there children decide where they wanted to go they made that choice on there own i don`t understand why there is so much hate in this countywe should be cheering each other on and when it does come down to game day we should play to win the game the east and centerville game isn`t untill the ninth week both teams have games to worry about before that like the games their about to play east needs to worry about beating richland this week and centerville needs to worry about harpethboth teams have a good chance to win this week good luck to both

I agree.

where o where has east hicman gone?WELCOME to the REAL world. Nobody disciminated against your kids at centerville . Now you are on your own. How did it feel to be behind 36-0inthe 1st quarter?? !! : )

The title and the creation of this post started by taking a shot at the East kids, and it escalated from there.What do you expect? I figured this post would be closed by now.......time to move on, play football. Everybody has opinions, not many things are held back on this board, so be ready for whatever comes your way. As many may not know there is a whole lot of bad blood in this county between the 2, for the most part it is a good fun rivalry but for the older people, it is serious.. For the ones that chose to stay at Centerville, I have my own opinion on that, but more power to them. As far as some parents? Calling the East parents idiots.... well I dont think that is over. Good luck Centerville, and Good luck East.