fairplay2121

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents:

The good:

- A win is a win is a win!

- Other than #10 and #32 mentioned earlier, hats off to Turner at QB. He is a hard nosed leader that runs this team well. I expect him to only get better. Great game Tyler! (1-0 as a starter)

- B. Johnson #2 (Jr) had a big night. Several big catches and may have led the team in tackles!

- Do we at Halls really appreciate Daniel Dayton? He is the big time playmaker on this team. Big Td catch, but even bigger catch when he was tackled at the one on fourth down. Give him the ball and he seems to deliver. (who cares if he is covered, he still manages to get the ball)

- D. Line did a great job against the run. Most of the rushing yardage came on QB scrambles. Nice to see B. Hughes out there again.

- Did we have any turnovers?

- I don't think we had any new injuries!

- Coaches did a great job of preparing the kids for this one.

The bad:

- Pass coverage and pass rush was poor early. As the game wore on, coverage improved but the pass rush was not there. Maybe two sacks??

- TD right before the half. Had them fourth and long, then third and long and jumped offsides. Twenty yard run on the next play set up TD with less than a minute in the half. It would have been nice to go in the lockeroom up 7 with the ball to start the second half.

- Offsides penalty inside the twenty-five on third and one. Had a chance to make a statement and finish them off. Ended up not getting any points - we can't blow chances like this against Central.

- Gave up a lot of yardage in the fourth quarter. "Bend but don't break" defense with a two TD lead is hard on this old man's heart. I bet SC had more yardage in the 4th quarter than all three quarters combined.

- Last Td drive (last play of the game). I know this doesn't matter, but I wish someone would have made a tackle to end the game.

- Several tired bodies at the end. Hope we are in better shape for next week.

What should we expect to see improvement in before the Central game? If this team plays up to its ability next week could be interesting! Go Halls.

Quickly looking back at my concerns for this game.....

1. Can Halls run the ball? Yes,but not as well as I would like to see. Halls could not get the corner on the run. FB dive was the most consistant play all night.

2. Can Halls limit turnovers? Yes. Biggest point of the night. 0 turnovers to 2. Halls converted the 2 SC turnovers into 14 points.

3. Can Halls contain and pressure the SC quarterback? Fair job here. 2 or3 sacks and a few pressures. Soft coverage by DBs allowed for some quick passes to 5 yards hitch routes all night.

4. Will the Defense tackle? If Halls can hold down the Y.A.C. (yards after contact) I like our chances. Actually, Halls tackled well tonight. To many yards for SC but not many after the initial hit.

5. Can Halls get more touches for Kitts and Dayton? Kitts had some tough yardage but could not break one. SC seemed to be keying on Kitts which allowed the FBs more yards and allowed Waggner to break a long one. Dayton played a great game.

Overall, I thought Halls played a very sound football game. Especially for a season opener. Secondary will have to tighten up. Central, West, Clinton and the other passing teams on the schedule will be licking the chops after watching this game.

The game means nothing in comparison to the tragedy involving Weaver. There were conflicting reports late last night. Some rumors circulating during the game were false in stating that he had already passed away. However, I heard from a good source late last night (after 11 o'clock) that the prognosis was not good.

Please remember this family in prayer. Also remember his classmates and Super Midget teammates. Many either witnessed the accident or wallked up on it just after it happened.

First of all my heart felt prayers for Bert Weaver, Officer Helton of Sevier co. and great game Taylor for perservering through the game last night with some much other weighing matters on your mind. We are hoping for a very speedy recovery for all.

Does anyone else think Halls is a enigma?

We took advantage of turnovers that I was worried that would go against us. For a dull boring Wing-T offense we sure pull off the big plays the last couple of years and did again last night. For all the people that thought Sevier Co. would run and pass all over us think again. I know we are going to hear how much our boys need to be hydrated and looked out of shape. But please understand what time did Sevier co. not run a four wide set and run our Db's into the ground. I think overall we did fine bending not breaking. Couple of miscues on the crossing patterns but we will learn to defend that in the future. I like Gresham on the corner with Johnson at safety they look very strong. Good to see Johnson on the offensive side of the ball pick up some good catches. I was very impressed with Ethan Gunter he played the role of hard nosed full back tonight very well. Offensive line played very well and did a lot better at protecting Turner in the pocket this game. Caleb Leonard, Brent Hughes relentlessly tried to pressure the Qb against a excellent and big OL. Carr, McGill, Hodge and Waggoner played exceptional at linebacker.

Can we do better?

I still think we need to mix up our plays a little especially against the better defenses. The run twice and pass on third down is getting a little worn. Gun, you win on that one and I eat crow. I thought we would liven it up a little like the second part of the AC game but I was wrong. The main thing is we won and in a very entertaining game. Kahn did very well on the extra point and Kickoffs. A big special compliment to our kickoff and punt coverages. Turner's punt when we needed it was a monster kick down to the five. Great job Tyler. Punt returns and kickoff looked good had a block in the back penalty that hurt and Dayton was one block away from going the distance on one return.

Plays of the game :

1. Gresham's interception at 21-14 that took most of the air out of air Sevier Co. Read the play and did the damage.

2. Dayton's adjustment to the ball for a 30+ yard reception down to the one. How does he do that on fourth down when the whole house knows it going to happen?

3. Waggoner's great 40 yard burst after looking like he was about to stumble at the line of scrimmage. He needs to see more of the ball at RB.

4. Unbelievable Punt by Turner when we really needed it all the way down inside the five. In addition to that punting under pressure from a very fast and powerful pass rush by Sevier Co.

I am very excited for the team with a big win before visiting Central next week. This should be a very competitive Region this year with the one exception the Maryville Rebels. I Hope we are catching 0-2 Central at a good time.

ironman,

With that COMPLETE analysis, I believe I would pay at least $1.

every body talks about MARYVILLE...YA NEVER KNOW...THAY ARE JUST A TEAM AS WE ARE.the boys in Halls are playing very well and I take nothing from them as I know how hard they are working.......And Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the child hurt...we are blessed that uour children came off the field injury free all night.....may GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..FROM THE HALLS FOOTBALL COMMUNITY

every body talks about MARYVILLE...YA NEVER KNOW...THAY ARE JUST A TEAM AS WE ARE.the boys in Halls are playing very well and I take nothing from them as I know how hard they are working.......And Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the child hurt...we are blessed that uour children came off the field injury free all night.....may GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..FROM THE HALLS FOOTBALL COMMUNITY

I just wanted to let everyone know that Channel 10 is reporting that the child passed away today. Very sad. Continue to remember that family.