Mt. Pleasant vs. Fairview

Big Bigby

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview was one of the public schools that did make the playoffs out of the old ABC private school region last year. They lost in the playoffs to Lewis County 8-7, so those two teams were pretty even last year and you know what Lewis County brings. FV does have a new head coach and they have installed a new option offense for whatever that's worth.

No prediction from me, but I think MP will have to be more diversified with their offense to beat most 2A playoff teams and Fairview played in probably the toughest 2A region in the state with Goodpasture, CPA, DCA and Ezell Harding. They bumped one of those guys from the playoffs as I recall.

Fairview was one of the public schools that did make the playoffs out of the old ABC private school region last year. They lost in the playoffs to Lewis County 8-7, so those two teams were pretty even last year and you know what Lewis County brings. FV does have a new head coach and they have installed a new option offense for whatever that's worth.

No prediction from me, but I think MP will have to be more diversified with their offense to beat most 2A playoff teams and Fairview played in probably the toughest 2A region in the state with Goodpasture, CPA, DCA and Ezell Harding. They bumped one of those guys from the playoffs as I recall.

KS brings up a good point. Fview has seen athletes like Marco before (i.e. Tico @ East Rob.) in their old region and stopped them cold. and the Ezell team that beat MtP last year got beat the next week by Fview 27-0.

Fview's offense looked sluggish last friday against Page. They came out Saturday ready but missed a PAT and gave up a big play on D. Fview dominated every stat category other than passing yards. But the result is what happens when you win 2 out of 4 qtrs. They'll put 4 solid qtrs together eventually,(hopefully sooner then later) and when that happens look out.

And I think we should give a little more credit to Page, Daniels had his boys ready to play. And they have quite a few weapons. They'll challenge for a playoff spot this season IMO.

I have to give Mount Pleasent a lot of respect they have really done a great job in scheduling up for their non-region games. I think that is a credit to the coaching staff, they realize Week 0 and Week 1 games aganist 2A teams will help the players late in the season and play-off time. I know nothing of either team, I do know that Fairview was in a very tough region ( CPA, Ezell-Harding, FRA, East Robertson, and I think Goodpasture was in there too) and Region 6-1A is as very solid region also. Couldn't make a predictions if I had too. Should be a great game

Good Luck to All!

MTP by 13

Wow, 13 pts! Guess you have to represent your team. But Fview only gave up 7 pts. to Page and that was a 74 pass. They held Page under 50 yards on the ground. One thing was going right for Fview agianst Page, Their Defense swarms the ball and tackles very well. This will translate well against Dailey and his Tigers.