Smyrna @ Brentwood

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a barn burner. Anybody that loves football should check this game out. Two well coached teams with good players=great entertainment. Smyrna 35-Brentwood 28

I don't see the game getting to this point. I do not see either team reaching the totals you have posted, but I might be wrong.

Rod and Sonny have got some work cut out for them but it is nothing that they are not ready for. By having those two on the field it opens up so much more for the team as a whole. They begin to get bigger holes up front because the defense is looking pass and then they smash them in the mouth. The linebackers are looking for something short to Rod and let him work his magic, but Sonny can sneak one over them to another talented wideout for a bulk of 15 to 20 yards.

Smyrna is a good team. Will they repeat? I doubt it.

Smyrna 24 Brentwood 10

I agree smyrna did what they had to do to win, not a lot of emotion etc

brentwood has as good of defensive front as I have seen in a while they are physical and smyrna had no running lanes at all. brentwoods offense really struggled and rarely, maybe once or twice got into smyrnas territory.

a

sonny once gain was great and would have had better stats except he had 2 td passes dropped with the one to wilkes going form a td to an int. The one by wilkes which was strange play.Torres on a comback route in the end zone. The one by torres was tough though because it was a route where the ball was thrown before he turned around and as soon as he turned around it was bang right there in his chest. Probably makes that catch 9 out of 10 times but when sonny throws it that ball gets there in a hurry.

2nd half wilkes only played spot duty due to cramps and we are certainly better with him on the field.

good solid win against a good defensive team but------- we are no where close to where we need to be!

Congrats on the win. Was sort of shocked that they held you scoreless 2nd half. What was that about? Yall just start playing your young guys then?

Played several people anyway, not just 2nd half, but all throughout game. I've heard Shadowens tries to get his teams to peak at the right time, and although there is not a true science to doing it, I feel he is trying to get these early wins, but get as many people ready as possible for the rugged 4-5A schedule and playoffs.

When some of the bigger named players come out, there seems to be an unknown replacement that fills in just fine.