Smyrna @ Brentwood

Crawford being the defensive coach that he is will make this a good game. I do NOT see a blowout by either team as I know Brentwood knows what Smyrna can do and WILL be ready for it.

Which ever way it goes I see it being decided by 3 points or less. What will be interesting for me is to find out who they use to double cover Wilks and just how much they blitz.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion who do you think is a better QB Whittemore when he played or Sonny now??

Well........I really think Whittemore just because I saw him play more than I have seen sonny. He could make something out of nothing so many times in a game. He and Davenport were absolutely so in sync with each other. You would see the D putting pressure on the guy and it was almost like he was saying>>..bring it on , man.......and you would expect him to get sacked and then BAM.....with so much poise he ripped a bomb right in Davenport's hands to score. It was a thing of beauty.....you hated the guy but sort of like a trainwreck, you HAD to watch . He would just pick you apart and you would shake your head in admiration.

Crawford being the defensive coach that he is will make this a good game. I do NOT see a blowout by either team as I know Brentwood knows what Smyrna can do and WILL be ready for it.

Which ever way it goes I see it being decided by 3 points or less. What will be interesting for me is to find out who they use to double cover Wilks and just how much they blitz.

Ssiegel faked double teaming rod and then backed out of it several times. I will guarantee brentwood will not allow rod to beat them again.

The most under rated asst coach is coach robbins the qb coach at Smyrna. He coached 20 plus yrs in college and brings a wealth of knowledge. He has taken a very physically talented qb and taught him how to read a defense.

He knows what to expect from defenses and what keys to read. He doesn't just throw to rod every play he makes reads at the line and throws to who is open. The hard part to defend is the hot reads and rod and sonny have played so long rod can change a route in progress depending on the coverage and sonny knows what he is going to do.

I hope brentwood blitzes every play because that is what this offense wants, to get the best match ups. Also Sonny is really good at scrambling and keeps his eyes down field the entire time.

I expect a tough game

For smyrna look at #38 lb (may be the fastest player on the team) and #22 rb 77 yards in 1st game - both are freshman and start and are probably the nucleus for the smyrna teams of the future

In the end though Smyrna just has to much speed and an all state qb so my early prediction is

Smyrna 35

Brentwood 21

What kind of information are you looking for? I would love to be able to give you the insight you are seeking, but after attending a few scrimmages, I'm more confused than ever. I have no clue what kind of team will take the field tomorrow night. We could be awful or we could be amazing. Tomorrow night, a lot of questions will be answered. Patience...

Well........I really think Whittemore just because I saw him play more than I have seen sonny. He could make something out of nothing so many times in a game. He and Davenport were absolutely so in sync with each other. You would see the D putting pressure on the guy and it was almost like he was saying>>..bring it on , man.......and you would expect him to get sacked and then BAM.....with so much poise he ripped a bomb right in Davenport's hands to score. It was a thing of beauty.....you hated the guy but sort of like a trainwreck, you HAD to watch . He would just pick you apart and you would shake your head in admiration.

This is one time that I would agree with you, however, Sonny is a very good quarterback.

This is one time that I would agree with you, however, Sonny is a very good quarterback.

What kind of information are you looking for? I would love to be able to give you the insight you are seeking, but after attending a few scrimmages, I'm more confused than ever. I have no clue what kind of team will take the field tomorrow night. We could be awful or we could be amazing. Tomorrow night, a lot of questions will be answered. Patience...

well if you could give me something lets say

how does brentwood signal their offensive plays and what are those signals

what are their defensive calls and blitz packages and if it wouldn't be to much trouble those signals

how will they cover rod

you sound like murphy fairs book about brentwood it was totally ????? it listed 4 qbs with no clue who would be the starter?