Coffee County at Oakland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that will be my heck- everyone will run the wing t every game

ck you pm's

Am having a really hard time replying back to PM's. I am sending responses but then it says something about a full datatbase??? Let me know if you still aren't getting them.

Difference is that CC has run the wingt and it is second nature to them, and we are rookies.

Tell me about this hoss named Tinsley.....and how big is his line. Word to me is that he is big enough to be a lineman himself!! How many yds does he have so far>

Also I read on the other thread that Price always goes for it on 4th down? Is that TRUE?? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY????? Do yall not have a punter?

Am having a really hard time replying back to PM's. I am sending responses but then it says something about a full datatbase??? Let me know if you still aren't getting them.

Difference is that CC has run the wingt and it is second nature to them, and we are rookies.

Tell me about this hoss named Tinsley.....and how big is his line. Word to me is that he is big enough to be a lineman himself!! How many yds does he have so far>

Also I read on the other thread that Price always goes for it on 4th down? Is that TRUE?? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY????? Do yall not have a punter?

CC has a very good punter, in fact, pinned Shelbyville at their own seven last night...However, Price has always been that way. He has the mentality that if you can't get 10 yards in 4 plays then you dont' deserve to win. It has gotten him beat, but it has also won him some games as well. It seems like he has been wiser with those decisions, before it has been fourth and long, sometimes deep in our own territory and he would go for it. Seems like over the past year he has gotten away from that. Usually tries to be around at least midfield with less than five yards to go, but I would still rather see us punt. As far as Tinsley is concerned, he's a 6-foot, maybe 6-foot-1 190-200 pounder with some impressive speed and a bulldog running mentality. The Raider offensive line struggled in the first scrimmage of the summer, but since that point has been better than solid. They move quickly as they should in the wint-t system with all of the pulling and what not. LT- Justin Mayberry - senior stands around 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-2 at 265-pounds, LG is Jordan Watson - three year starter, senior, right around 6-foot, 200 pounds, C is Josh Drake - senior is upwards of around 6-foot-3, 260-pounds, RG is Jared Riddle - Senior, smallest of the group at 5'10 and 220-pounds but moves very quickly and can hold his own, and of course the RT is Robbie Gonzales - senior, 6-foot-10, 340 pounds, really improved his footwork and agility every season and continues to improve as a player....the offensive line will open holes. The X-factor in this game will be the passing game. We all know the Raiders can run the football and with Oakland moving into the Wing-T, I'm sure they can as well. The Raiders need to be able to rely on Hobbs to step up and complete the hitches, slants, and screens and the occasional deep ball that Price likes to call for. Whoever wins the turnover battle and passes for more yards wins this game.

Thanks pedo.....I sure appreciate all the great info ffrom you.

Did it rain any on yall in the Sat game?

Spit some rain for about 10 minutes...picked up at one point to a little more than a sprinkle, but nothing to affect the game! What about Oakland, how did they look against Riverdale last week?

I was pretty pleased with our first game. I was especially proud of our defense against a VERY potent RHS offense. Our D line did a great job and made many tackles at the line of scrimmage. We got a fumble recovery and made an INT too. Several series were three and out....and we held them to 2 first downs in the first half. They had 2 big plays that resulted in the two TDS. One was simply a missed series of tackles, and the other was busted coverage on a pass.

As for our O.....we showed a few bursts, but only had one drive where we really were in position to score. That was late in the game and in a downpour with lightning all around. I was stunned they didn't call the game. Our QB is a soph and I thought he had a nice debut. He had 112 yds passing on the night and was not intimidated by a very aggressive and quick Riverdale D. We have a ways to go offensively, but I am hoping to make huge strides this week at practice. Our line is big and made up of srs.

I know the wingt takes time....but I want them to fast forward!!