Siegel/Glencliff

SSFB84

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. Here's why... siegel gave up 41 points to undoubtedly one of if not the best team in the state. Having said that, the majority of their defensive problems came on the short/medium pass game coverage. Now, Glencliff is probably going to throw the ball at least 30 times in this game, and although they are traditionally awful I think that they could get a couple scores on big plays and maybe not win this game, but make it close. They may not have a great team, but they do have some really good atheletes. Siegel will most likely win, but don't be surprised if this one is down to the wire and points @@@@ up in the 30's for both teams.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. Here's why... siegel gave up 41 points to undoubtedly one of if not the best team in the state. Having said that, the majority of their defensive problems came on the short/medium pass game coverage. Now, Glencliff is probably going to throw the ball at least 30 times in this game, and although they are traditionally awful I think that they could get a couple scores on big plays and maybe not win this game, but make it close. They may not have a great team, but they do have some really good atheletes. Siegel will most likely win, but don't be surprised if this one is down to the wire and points @@@@ up in the 30's for both teams.

I think this game is going to be like the Siegel/Independence game of last year. Shoulda won, Coulda won....but didn't for Siegel.

Hopefully I am wrong.

But this team needs alot of teamwork, discipline etc....and they don't have the leader to do that.

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...SPORTS/70831008

looks like siegel freshman are off to a good start, hopefully siegel will get the point and this classes talent wont have to go to waste. i think blackman and riverdale are also suppost to have good freshman squads also i think they might have both been in action last night but havent heard

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...SPORTS/70831008

looks like siegel freshman are off to a good start, hopefully siegel will get the point and this classes talent wont have to go to waste. i think blackman and riverdale are also suppost to have good freshman squads also i think they might have both been in action last night but havent heard

All I see is ignorance in this post. All of Siegel's Freshman have come out to be fine high school players. Chuck McCord, Montori Hughes, Staley Haynes, Joe Ward, and Fred Harris were all starters on a very good Freshman team. Sometimes the talent on a Freshman team gets caught up with. Needless to say these played mentioned are still not the problem with the Stars.

Have you for one second thought that other Freshman in the region simply outworked this crew listed and now are considered the better 'player'?

Now, back to the game. I think that this one will be closer than some people say, but only for the reason that Coach Watson will play possession football against the inferior Glencliff team. I do realize that this will make some fans worrisome and makes some critics get back all over Watson.

No matter how ugly the game is, Siegel will come away 1-1 on the season.

Siegel 27 vs. Glencliff 13

Ok, how does Pico get 100 yds rushing against a team like Smyrna, and only 48 against cough cough a team like Glencliff?

what are you trying to say......i think he proved he can play against smyrna........he only had 6 carries he didnt have to run the ball a lot because we were killing glencliff and that would have gutless to keep out our best players to run up the score and he might not get a bunch of yards because we are using a bunch of backs........please just let whatever it is go and leave him alone.........you asked people to leave sam alone a few years ago and they did now im askin you to leave him alone please

Soph, there is a difference in the situation with Sam and Pico and I know that you know what it is. Sam may have gone to Smyrna initially , but he soon quit that team and came back to school at Oakland. He continued to support Oakland by attending all the games and cheering on the team and his coaches. I saw him on the field after games hugging and congratulating the coaches. He knew what he did was wrong and he paid his price and became a man from it.

I think you remember what happend on our sidelines last yr when we played at Siegel and who the chain gang members were. Seems like someone chased our bus cussing and bawling after the game.

Soph, there is a difference in the situation with Sam and Pico and I know that you know what it is. Sam may have gone to Smyrna initially , but he soon quit that team and came back to school at Oakland. He continued to support Oakland by attending all the games and cheering on the team and his coaches. I saw him on the field after games hugging and congratulating the coaches. He knew what he did was wrong and he paid his price and became a man from it.

I think you remember what happend on our sidelines last yr when we played at Siegel and who the chain gang members were. Seems like someone chased our bus cussing and bawling after the game.

Seriously, what is it with you. That was a year ago. Get over it.

This was in a previous post you wrote on another forum -

"I am sure that you are perfect aren't you, SCHS and have never messed up in a game , practice, or the game of life..... RIGHT?????

Just using YOUR logic, SCHS......

No one plays a perfect game and no one lives a perfect life."

FORGIVENESS

Is there always going to be hate between you and anyone from Siegel?