Cloudland vs. West Greene

wasqbnowcoach

Yes I said it, the Highlanders better not overlook the Buffs. The Buffs will be different than what they were under Barry Carter. THeir new coach has been in very successful programs and he knows what it takes to win. I'm not saying who will win, but I am saying it won't be like the games of old between these two schools.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I said it, the Highlanders better not overlook the Buffs. The Buffs will be different than what they were under Barry Carter. THeir new coach has been in very successful programs and he knows what it takes to win. I'm not saying who will win, but I am saying it won't be like the games of old between these two schools.

I am from Roan Mt. and have been a strong supporter of the Highlanders for years, however I am brutally honest. I think this game will be over in the 3rd quarter. That is in WEST GREENE'S favor. Our team just don't have the tools and more than that, they just don't have the heart to play the game at the level a Highlander should play. I'm going to say West Greene wins in a route 42-7.

It was said a while back that WGhad 70 kids out, how many do they dress. I'd say these numbers have dropped alot . I'd really like to see WG turn it around. Ihate seeing certain teams get absolutely pounded every week.

I don't think the Landers are looking past ANYONE on the sched.

I don't think anyone is looking past this game, on both teams. I haven't got a chance to see wg's scrimages this year, but all I have been hearing is good things. Thats great, good for them boys, but they don't put scrimage wins on your record during the season. Keep it up Buffs. Hey "wasqbnowcoach" where do you coach at?

Close game- Cloudland by a td or two.

I'm really excited for WG,this team is very different from teams of the past.I no Cloudland is down this year but it will be very hard for WG to beat them.I just hope this team will get better each week.So many folks are talking about WG football and that is so good for these kids.Good luck Buffs!!

I'm really excited for WG,this team is very different from teams of the past.I no Cloudland is down this year but it will be very hard for WG to beat them.I just hope this team will get better each week.So many folks are talking about WG football and that is so good for these kids.Good luck Buffs!!

I hope you guys have a good year. It may be hard for the WG fans to understand where we come from as Lander fans because we were once a great tradition of power. Now that its gone, there is an emptiness in Roan Mt. that has really took the life out of everyone who has ever been associated with this program. I'm not normally this negative, but I'm deeply hurt at the lack of pride and willingness to sacrafice their own bodies to put Cloudland football back on the map. Last week we had several players walking around in street clothes. Thats the difference. Back in Cloudland's glory days, if you could walk, you could play. Just talk to some of the guys that played with 100 degree plus fevers against Oneida back in 91'. Or the guys that tore up shoulders and waited til the end of the season to have surgery. Thats the difference. If there are any Highlanders that read this forum, its time to do a gut check. Do you even care that people are laughing at you? And Cloudland is known now for being a powder puff team instead of the feared reaper on the mountain? West Greene is coming hungry. Teams are getting the eye of the tiger and if Cloudland don't start standing up to these challenges, then rock bottom is coming. Eye of the tiger, man.

I know its a big pill to swallow but schools that are small as Cloudland will go through droughts with talent. You just have to play hard through it and hope to win.(Public) 1A schools cant dominate every year. It almost impossible. It takes heart and it takes trusting the coach. Buy into the program even if youre down. Love your teamates and coaches. If everyone gives it that much, youve made a success out of what would have been aa unsuccessful season.

I know its a big pill to swallow but schools that are small as Cloudland will go through droughts with talent. You just have to play hard through it and hope to win.(Public) 1A schools cant dominate every year. It almost impossible. It takes heart and it takes trusting the coach. Buy into the program even if youre down. Love your teamates and coaches. If everyone gives it that much, youve made a success out of what would have been aa unsuccessful season.

Well said! I saw a group that tried very hard last friday. they didn't get some breaks and yeah, they made some mistakes but they never quit. you know storm, success isn't always wins and losses. it's 11 young men playing hard and leaving it all on the field. they did, maybe you should try not to be so negative about a young team still learning. saying your peace is one thing but not over and over and over. these kids worked too hard in the offseason to be run down.