Chattanooga Area Match Results

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to VBD for the idea!

Thanks for the acknowledgement! Not being quite as close to it this year, I was trying to figure out away to post scores of teams in the area (since for the most part nobody else does), especially since the chattanoogan.com does such a good job reporting. I am all for trying to boost the interest in the sport!

By the way, thanks for yours and P4K's help, too!! Plus, I think Phargis was trying to do a similar thing.

Thanks for the acknowledgement! Not being quite as close to it this year, I was trying to figure out away to post scores of teams in the area (since for the most part nobody else does), especially since the chattanoogan.com does such a good job reporting. I am all for trying to boost the interest in the sport!

By the way, thanks for yours and P4K's help, too!! Plus, I think Phargis was trying to do a similar thing.

And I appreciate the acknowledgment also but i was trying to come at it from another angle. Fan response comes from District and Somewhat less on Region except close to State Tournament time. Area, if I'm not mistaken, might have less fan appeal. In 7AAA there is great competition between schools, i.e., great interest and likely interest in fans if they know when the matches are and have a place to go to see when the teams play and the impact on the standings. Sorry, with this new software, and it may be me, it is difficult to browse quickly to find the game information and easy to go to one place to find out. What that relates to is fan appeal and a reason to look at your thread. I think it relates to fan attendance and interest, at least last year it did. Changing the software, with as Pageman says, its glitches, started this season off to a bad start and the thread did not get started right and look at the hits and I think you will agree.

Rosters were not filled out and relating teams to players coused some interest. Now this is controversal but I still believe the site is looked at in the same way players and fans look at the newspaper. They like their team but they like to see how their favorite player is doing and irregardless what anyone says, they like to read a little bit of commentary. This year, because of the start, we have lost the few commentators from each school which made this site interesting. it is evident that the chattanoogan does it right and the only thing I was trying to do is to duplicate what they do because 78 is very perceptive. I was trying to do things that the current newspaper system cannot and will not do and that is report District results with interest and lead into Region close to state.

My interest is to promote the sport and not to dilute the reporting by reporting such a wide area that it may not mean anything. IMO, the greatest interest is in the District reporting if someway a person or persons in each school can be developed to help provide the information.

Now that is the reporting end. the other side of the reporting is to provide good factual informatrion on a variety of subjects which would draw in fans, i.e., Libero. Another was middle school coach shortage. GLJ, every so often, has provided great officiating technical information that has had great interest. Something that is happening now as did last year, is crowd noise by schools during play which is being handled very well by officials, i.e., just ignore it. Schools students like to yell for their team and getting fans in the stands is important.

I, for one, did not realize the impact T had on this sport but after seeing the slow start encountered this year, I am somewhat disappointed on fan interest right now.

09/03/07 RESULTS:

Red Bank over Soddy coming back from 2 games down to win: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_112713.asp

GPS and Boyd win matches: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_112733.asp

Additional 9/03/07 Results:

Ooltewah and Cleveland get victories: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_112754.asp