No more TN-KY All Star Game

carterfan2

I think everyone was ready for a change. Perhaps a few more top-of-the-line players will choose to participate in this format. Does anyone remember the one year they played the TN-KY game at the Liberty Bowl because the turf in Knoxville was being changed out? You could have dropped hand grenades from the press box and not hit anyone. I've seen games in Lexington and Knoxville and the "crowds" just get lost in those big venues. Carson Newman will welcome the game with open arms and will make it a big deal in Jefferson City.

No one seems to mind the 10 weeks of regular season and 4 weeks of playoffs. Are final exams at the same time in high schools across the state? I doubt it. There's probably not a week that student-athletes are participating in one sport or the other. I don't think we're sending any more of a mixed message than we already send.

The top notch athletes that are being recruited by DI schools might shy away from this game anyway. A similar game is where Kevin Simon blew out his knee. I have mixed emotions about whether an all star game is really necessary, but not because of school work.