Sarah Beth Whitehead Memorial Tournament, March 20-22, 2008

wthsportsplex

The First Annual Sarah Beth Whitehead Memorial High School Softball Tournament will be held at the new West Tennessee Healthcare Sportsplex located in Jackson, TN on Thursday-Friday-Saturday, March 20-22, 2008. The event is sponsored by Tennessee Donors and the Meningitis Association.

Sarah Beth would have been a senior softball player at Trinity Christian Academy this season. On March 11th of 2005, Sarah Beth's life tragically ended as she contracted meningitis and died. We hope you will be a part of this great tournament honoring Sarah Beth.

The tournament setup will be as follows:

(1) Teams may come in and play Thursday and will be given two (2) non-pool games to play.

(2) Teams may play Friday and Saturday only and it will include three (3) pool games (Friday and Saturday a.m.) and a single elimination tournament (Sat) to crown a champion.

Awards package is as follows:

The champion receives (15) pro-style warm-up pullovers (short sleeve)Team trophies (1st-4th place)Individual awards - All Tournament and MVP (1st-4th)Team sportsmanship awardCost for the tournament is $225.00 per team if your team wants to play on Thursday. Cost for teams playing Friday and Saturday only is $175.00. Teams will provide their own balls.

Contact Ricky Yates at 1-800-941-2415 for more information or to register. You may also visit our website at www.jacksonsportsplex.com for more information, to register online or to download a form to fill out.

Teams currently registered for this tournament:

1-Trinity Christian Academy, Jackson TN

2-Columbia Academy, Columbia, TN

3-Martin Westview, Martin, TN

4-Milan High School, Milan, TN

5-Covington High School, Covington, TN

6-Chester Co High School, Henderson, TN

7-Lexington High School, Lexington, TN

8-McNairy Central High School, Selmer, TN

9-Millington Central High School, Millington, TN

10-Southside High School, Jackson, TN

11-Huntingdon High School, Huntingdon, TN

12-Jackson Christian School, Jackson, TN

13-Hickman County High School, Centerville, TN

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For any team that is not busy or already in another tournament, I would suggest being a part of this tournament. Not only will it be at a beautiful, new facility, but there will also be some outstanding and competitive teams there as well(many of whom have represented at State in the last couple of years). However, the most important reason I can give to be a part of this tournament is to honor the memory of a great young woman named Sarah Beth Whitehead. I personally knew Sarah Beth and watched her grow up from a child. She was an outstanding young person, who strived to be her best and live her life for Christ. During National Donor's Week, she was recognized at Vanderbilt for her gifts, both in life and in death. I really can't stress enough how special she was and is to the people of Jackson, and I hope that you can join us in celebrating her too at this tournament. Thank-you.