Clarksville Aca. vs. JO byrns

CAsports5

I would love it if Clarksville Academy pulled the upset, but they would have to put up a lot of points and their defense would have to play very solid. They looked extremely solid against Huntland, let's just hope they can increase the intensity even more this week. Last year Jo Byrns won by 31, so unless they are a whole lot better than last year they won't win by 40.

Jo Byrns won by 31 but they called the dogs off after 2 quarters; it was 35-0 at the half. CA scored a late touchdown in the 4th to make it a 38-7 final. As for this year...From all accounts CA is improved this year so I expect a closer game than last year. I think this will be a good measuring stick for both teams. For CA it'll let them know how they measure up against a top team. For JB I think it'll be a good indicator of just how much the other 5-1A teams have improved. A lot of people believe that CA is the most improved team in 5-1A so we'll see just how much the gap has closed, if any.

On a side note, I didn't get a chance to commend JB on their performance against East Robertson so I'll do it hear. I thought JB looked excellent for their first game. The 1st string offense scored on all four of their possessions in the first half (5 of 6 total). With plenty of visiting WHH players/fans there, I thought it was good that we didn't show much of the offensive playbook. I bet we ran about 10 different plays the whole game and we were still very successful. I thought the defense did a good job as well. On ER's only scoring drive we had them stopped on a 3rd and long but we had a stunt called which took us right out of the play and allowed them to continue their drive. All in all, I was impressed and even though we dominated the game there's still room for improvement. We're now ranked #1 in the AP poll so we've got to be on top of our game because everybody wants to beat the #1 team when they come to town. Practice and play like you're on the other end trying to knock off the #1 team. Look at it like this…the ’99-00 Titans are the ‘05 JB team…made it further than any other team in their history (Superbowl & Quarterfinals). The 00-01 Titans are like the ’06 JB team…favorites to win it all but falls short of their goal. Now the following year the Titans were sorry so I won’t compare them to this year’s team but you see my point. The hungrier team always wins. Stay Hungry!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic