Macon vs Eagles

maconballmom11

Yeah, they did. His son was a senior at Smith County and he missed 1 or 2 games to be with his son. The establishment in Lafayette took offense and gave him the boot. Their loss. He is back up there now as an assistant, I believe. He is a great guy.

Yeah...taking them to the semis definitely wasn't enough...huh?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, I think the world of Coach Dyer too.....but let me ask you this...why did he leave or get fired in Carthage..Just wondering?

also, how many games has your current head coach missed in the past few years????

See thats the problem Coach Dyer missed two games to be with his family and everyone thinks its the worst thing in the world. Thing is Coach Dyer left all the play calling up to his assistant coaches so none of that was effected with his absence. The truth of the whole thing is their were some &*^$%^&$ (who didnt like him cause he done what he thought was right and not what they wanted) so they used this reason as an excuse of why he should be fired. Unfortuanetly for Macon Co. football they had enough power at the board of education at the time to make this happen. Wonder if any of them wish it was different now? Probably not, they are getting to try and run the show from behind the scenes and as long as the coaches listen to them they are happy win or lose. I feel so sorry for the kids who are the ones that really get the shaft.

See thats the problem Coach Dyer missed two games to be with his family and everyone thinks its the worst thing in the world. Thing is Coach Dyer left all the play calling up to his assistant coaches so none of that was effected with his absence. The truth of the whole thing is their were some &*^$%^&$ (who didnt like him cause he done what he thought was right and not what they wanted) so they used this reason as an excuse of why he should be fired. Unfortuanetly for Macon Co. football they had enough power at the board of education at the time to make this happen. Wonder if any of them wish it was different now? Probably not, they are getting to try and run the show from behind the scenes and as long as the coaches listen to them they are happy win or lose. I feel so sorry for the kids who are the ones that really get the shaft.

HEY MAN...HOW BOUT ANSWERING THE QUESTION....I HONESTLY WANT TO KNOW....WHY DID HE LEAVE CARTHAGE...WAS HE FIRED OR DID HE LEAVE ON HIS OWN.....AND HOW MANY GAMES (NOT INCLUDING A DEATH IN THE FAMILY OR SICKNESS) HAS YOUR CURRENT HEAD COACH MISSED SINCE HE'S BEEN AT CARTHAGE....

I know the kids are the ones that suffer. It is so hard watching their faces when they loose the dissapointment and some of them dropping too their knees on that field. I keep hoping that things will turn around and I keep believing it will. They are so doubted and it is a constant cut down and always people saying how bad the team is and the truth is the system is what is so bad not the guys. When a coach does something here that thinks is best by the end of the season that coach is gone I have watched this for years and years. Too bad the kids can't speak up for themselves but noone would listen.

I, for one, don't believe that the staff there now is as good as the one they had in '03. 12-2, semifinals, best year in the history of the school. Come on Singyman. How can you compare their current staff to that?

Also, Stamplicker, I have heard plenty of bickering go on in Westyworld as well. Maybe you have some of those rose colored glasses on.

As far as Coach Dyer, I'm not sure, personally, whether he was fired or left when he was at SC. I know he was under alot of pressure being the one to step in behind Rankin, the "prodigal" around here. Yes, Coach Maynord missed the jamboree in '04 to go to LA for a ceremony honoring a team he was on. I don't see that as right as missing a game to see your SON in homecoming or play his Senior Night game where his parents are honored.

I, for one, don't believe that the staff there now is as good as the one they had in '03. 12-2, semifinals, best year in the history of the school. Come on Singyman. How can you compare their current staff to that?

Also, Stamplicker, I have heard plenty of bickering go on in Westyworld as well. Maybe you have some of those rose colored glasses on.

As far as Coach Dyer, I'm not sure, personally, whether he was fired or left when he was at SC. I know he was under alot of pressure being the one to step in behind Rankin, the "prodigal" around here. Yes, Coach Maynord missed the jamboree in '04 to go to LA for a ceremony honoring a team he was on. I don't see that as right as missing a game to see your SON in homecoming or play his Senior Night game where his parents are honored.

Dyer is still on the staff now I think, so I dont know why it would not be as good if you think he was the reason they had such a good staff then. As some have noted they have about 5 ex-head coaches on the staff. Yeah, every now and then there are some neah sayers here in Motown, but dont every town have 1 or 2 every now and then. Macon has more than 1 or 2 from what I understand. I dont think any football coach does everything right. I'm sure I dont agree whole heartedly with everything coach Kelly does, but for the most part I think he does a great job with what he has. I know he puts god awful amounts of time into our football program.

Most parents that year completley understood that. If he hadn't went then I would have questioned his ethics cause family comes first PERIOD...