Westview at JCS

Where did you hear that? I will assure you there is NOT A COACH from JCS talking about being winners in 2a, they didn't even talk about winning 1a last year. Check all these message boards and see how many JCS coaches, fans, or players are talking smack... (Every team has one or two clueless people) No one is talking playoffs other than the usual high hopes that every school in the state has at the beginning of the year. (Even Red Boiling Springs has a thread in here) I'll tell you what I've heard from the coaches this week if you want some insider information: "WESTVIEW IS BIG... WESTVIEW IS STRONG... WESTVIEW IS FAST... WESTVIEW IS BETTER THAN ANY TEAM WE FACED LAST YEAR INCLUDING SOUTHSIDE... WESTVIEW IS THE REAL DEAL..." Some people want to make it out that little ol' JCS is coming in all cocky and thinking they are going to kick everyone's butt in 2-A because they won 1-A. It just isn't true. I know that makes it more fun and people wish they were talking trash but they aren't. The coach has said, "we are going to try to do everything we can to be competitive in 2-A football." That's a long way from saying: "We're gonna be winners in 2-A." JCS didn't ask to be in 2-A and frankly we all know they don't belong in 2-A. But they are and so they are going to do everything they can to win. Every JCS fan is excited about the added exposure 2-A will give to our players but we are also frustrated that we have a "loaded" 1-A team in a region full of 2-A powerhouses. And that's the truth. No one will come into a game with more respect for their opponents than JCS. They will also come in ready to give it their very best.

ok thats cool just what i had heard at work yesterday im glad i actually wouldnt mind jcs winning some ballgames this year as long as its not against my dogs lol to meive always kinda liked jcs better than usj anyway but i do think u all can compete so heres to a good gaeme when u come to milan in what week 7 i think oh and if thats the approach the coaches have took then u will be fine may not win but u will compete

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thats cool just what i had heard at work yesterday im glad i actually wouldnt mind jcs winning some ballgames this year as long as its not against my dogs lol to meive always kinda liked jcs better than usj anyway but i do think u all can compete so heres to a good gaeme when u come to milan in what week 7 i think oh and if thats the approach the coaches have took then u will be fine may not win but u will compete

[/quo

No problem. I'm sure the coaches are telling the boys they can win the games. If you can't get them to believe then why play at all? How's the injury report over there? I know you started out with some bad breaks with your offensive lineman and qb. (By the way we appreciate all the support Milan gave JCS at the State Championship last year.) I hope they can play... Having a son that is a senior I can't think of anything worse than to go down with an injury your senior year. And about the trash talking, I'd be lying if I didn't say I heard some. We've got kids at church that play for JCS, JCM, USJ, Southside, Northside, Liberty, Milan, Humboldt, Gibson County, Peabody, and Crockett Co. (I probably missed a school---we've also got coaches from more than one of those schools--makes for interesting sunday mornings during football season.) Most of the trash talking is coming from kids that won't get in the game unless it is 60-0... You can talk big when your not the one having to shed the blood, sweat, and tears. Hope everyone gets healthy at Milan.... It'll be fun just to see the teams in the Region and all the talent on the field.

If this is true, the game will be over pretty quick.

Touch?©!!! We owe our State Championship last year to you Southside! That 55-7 shellacking turned our season around and knocked some sense into us. Strength comes through adversity and boy was that some adversity. Go Hawks! Glad we aren't playing you this year. Hope you have a great year!

Guest Advisor

Is it just me or is the Advisor on Crack? His post should come with a disclaimer. Though every effort has been made to prove the statements that are to follow but the author retains no liability towards actual smack and retarded statements.

The ADVISOR must be on Crack! I must be a habitual user!! Cause again.......I didn't realize that 8-2A was the first and last word in high school football! Why............the nerve of someone thinking that JCS can even listen to the same National Anthem during pregame as Martin Westview!!! Eagle fans.................the nerve of some of you thinking that you can play with such a Dynasty!! (the sarcasm is as thick as I can stir it) Common you Stew led Eagles!!! Your leader is big and fearless!! How about a little confidence!! I can promise you that the team you will face Friday night is NOT as good as the Bemis Hawks from last season.

Reading the posts from these Martin faithful............it's unclear to the ADVISOR whether JCS is playing UTM or THE CHARGERS! Does Westview play in the OVC?? The ADVISOR remains confused!!

[/color]

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Look forward to seeing the Chargers in Henry Co next week. It should be a good game. Both teams are loaded with weapons. Hope to see a lot of my old friends from Martin. Be sure to check out our thread in 4a section. By the way, we will win

Roll Red Roll

Did u use to live in martin

This could and WILL get ugly. Westview will be to much for JCS.

Warning thought to JCS fans, if Martin gets rolling they will leave their starters in until close to the end like the Union City Game. Martin even score a T D with 28 seconds left in the game and had Union City 42 - 7 at that time. Most teams would have taken a knee but I guess Martin Westview wants to get back at union City for all of those years the smash mouth football score we put on them. It was kinda like practice to us back then.

Good luck to both and play a injury free and clean game

Now this is funny! We start a post to get predictions for the game and you decided to make Westview look like a team with no sportsmanship or whatvever you were trynna do! The fact is the starters probably stayed in cause it was the first game of the season...Coach Coady was trynna get some of new starters and other players playing time! He was letting the kids play ball, it as the first game! Its not his fault yall couldn't stop it! And the whole UC joke! Ha Ha that was hilarious but that rivalry is dead and the stuff back in the day really doesn't matter! So yall do what ya gotta do in 1A and we'll do ours in 2A! So best of luck!