Mckenzie vs. Bruceton

pizzaman1

Guest Advisor

McKenzie lists 44 on the roster and I know of at least two who will not dress out.

We do dress out Freshmen but, haven't seen any on the field yet that I know of.

Thanks duckman38201 for the info! However, you're info, although extremely accurate I'm sure, proves my point. If McKenzie only dresses 44 Fighting Rebels on any given Friday........Freshmen included.........how in the world do some of the Bruceton Central fans and Mckenzie faithful explain a Championship game in week 2?? I believe both teams played in a jamboree which means neither team had a official game during Week 0. I must also assume that with only 44 players, some play on both sides of the ball. Therefore, each team is only a single injury away from sitting at home Week 11 regardless of Friday night's score. I understand that Union City took a beating from the best team EVER (according to another thread) last week. Lake County also put up 27 points against a very respectable Golden Tide squad. I seriously doubt the playoffs will begin in Week 3 in any other area of the state with the exception being Carroll County.

However.....the Advisor types in Rebel RED feeling a McKenzie victory this coming Friday! How can anyone pick against the Alma Mater of one of the best defensive coaches in Tennessee?? For extra credit............can anyone name this former Rebel???

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks duckman38201 for the info! However, you're info, although extremely accurate I'm sure, proves my point. If McKenzie only dresses 44 Fighting Rebels on any given Friday........Freshmen included.........how in the world do some of the Bruceton Central fans and Mckenzie faithful explain a Championship game in week 2?? I believe both teams played in a jamboree which means neither team had a official game during Week 0. I must also assume that with only 44 players, some play on both sides of the ball. Therefore, each team is only a single injury away from sitting at home Week 11 regardless of Friday night's score. I understand that Union City took a beating from the best team EVER (according to another thread) last week. Lake County also put up 27 points against a very respectable Golden Tide squad. I seriously doubt the playoffs will begin in Week 3 in any other area of the state with the exception being Carroll County.

However.....the Advisor types in Rebel RED feeling a McKenzie victory this coming Friday! How can anyone pick against the Alma Mater of one of the best defensive coaches in Tennessee?? For extra credit............can anyone name this former Rebel???

Putnam (Spelling?) Henry County

Duckman38201, it's one night closer but I still think Central School makes McKenzie bow down in this region contest. Central School by 8.

I think I'm going to have to go with Legend. Should be a close game. Could go either way. I think Bruceton will get it in the end. These 2 will meet again though in the play offs.

Here's my true predictions for thegame....

Bruceton will be impressive and the game will be close til the half......

And then Mckenzie will run away with the win and all the food in the concession stand......

If you think that it ll be over after half time you're mistaken Bruceton is in great shape and just gets better after half. and they can do a lot more than hand the ball to chad jordan this year.

I've said it before and will say it again. Jamborees stink!! The only thing they are good for is a fund raiser for the participating schools--mostly Huntingdon and to give the teams a little boost getting ready for the REAL games.

You might check with Dresden about the Rebel run D and Carr's passing accuracy. And I don't know how the Rebels keep coming up with these receivers but we have a good stable of them again this season. We'll all know for sure in 3 days or so!! True Bruceton has some fine athletes---------so does McKenzie. It's gonna be a good 'un in my thinkin'.

If you are hanging your hat and predictions on the Jamboree and last season you're gonna be picking it up off the floor a lot!!!!

Hope both teams come out of the game healthy.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was simply responding to his jamboree comment and trying to prove they mean nothing. Also, congrats on the stats against one of the worst teams in all of west tennessee. bruceton will run at will against mckenzie. and true at the end of the game look for carr to have 300 yards passing but it won't matter cuz he'll throw it up for grabs and bruceton will come down with it multiple times. bruceton by double digits at home

So McKenzie will score more on Bruceton's defense than Dresdens???? I seriously doubt that. This will be an old fashioned "slobber-knocker" WAIT AND SEE. McKenzie does have a high powered offense that can score points but keep in mind the TIGERS run a clock-keeping run and pound offense which may limit the number of opportunities for the REBEL offense. Everyone continues to bring up the jamboree. The Tigers played a very good Hickman team and it appeared the they didnt run Jordan or Matlock alot. Camden pounded the REBELS too. The Rebels did manage a score.

These two teams are both solid and it will be a great game.

BETTER GET THERE EARLY!!!!! Parking can be tough on the hill during bis games.

So McKenzie will score more on Bruceton's defense than Dresdens???? I seriously doubt that. This will be an old fashioned "slobber-knocker" WAIT AND SEE. McKenzie does have a high powered offense that can score points but keep in mind the TIGERS run a clock-keeping run and pound offense which may limit the number of opportunities for the REBEL offense. Everyone continues to bring up the jamboree. The Tigers played a very good Hickman team and it appeared the they didnt run Jordan or Matlock alot. Camden pounded the REBELS too. The Rebels did manage a score.

These two teams are both solid and it will be a great game.

BETTER GET THERE EARLY!!!!! Parking can be tough on the hill during bis games.

Camden's also a lot better than Hickman County.

McK will move the ball. I was not at all impressed by the Bruceton offensive OR defensive line. I wish both teams luck, but I can't see Bruceton winning this game.

I'm just dying to know the answer to that.