Morristown West off to 0-2 start

WMTNTrojans

Hello all, this is the Voice of the Morristown West Trojans on WMTN AM 1300, Darren Headrick. Sorry, had to drop in a plug for my station. We have bar none the best coverage of Trojan athletics! Whoops!..did it again.

Anyway, as many know, the Trojans are off to a surprising 0-2 start after giving the Jefferson County Patriots a gift in the form of 4 turnovers and 28 points.

Just wondering the popular opinions around the area...will West bounce back and still be a contender in Region 2-4A?

How do you think they will fare against the Cherokee Chiefs?

Let me know...maybe your comments or thoughts will be heard on the air Friday nights on WMTN AM 1300...your home for Morristown West football!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, this is the Voice of the Morristown West Trojans on WMTN AM 1300, Darren Headrick. Sorry, had to drop in a plug for my station. We have bar none the best coverage of Trojan athletics! Whoops!..did it again.

Anyway, as many know, the Trojans are off to a surprising 0-2 start after giving the Jefferson County Patriots a gift in the form of 4 turnovers and 28 points.

Just wondering the popular opinions around the area...will West bounce back and still be a contender in Region 2-4A?

How do you think they will fare against the Cherokee Chiefs?

Let me know...maybe your comments or thoughts will be heard on the air Friday nights on WMTN AM 1300...your home for Morristown West football!!

Aren't you the ONLY coverage on friday nite of Trojan football.....heck I guess everything is good in good old MoWest when you have no competition.

I would like to give my opinion on this matter as a football fan and not as an East fan. The Trojans lost alot of talent and they have to rebuild. There are guys learning the ropes and I said months ago that the trojans would get off to a slow start and they have. I also said that as new guys grew into the roles they are in, that they would be OK and they will. I think that the overall talent level of the incoming freshman classes west has enjoyed has dropped over the last 3 seasons and it is begining to show. I sing Hatchers praises a bit but I also realise that he has a wealth of talent to work with. West will be OK. I look for a 7-3 or 6-4 finish and 2nd or 3rd seed out of region 2.

I would like to give my opinion on this matter as a football fan and not as an East fan. The Trojans lost alot of talent and they have to rebuild. There are guys learning the ropes and I said months ago that the trojans would get off to a slow start and they have. I also said that as new guys grew into the roles they are in, that they would be OK and they will. I think that the overall talent level of the incoming freshman classes west has enjoyed has dropped over the last 3 seasons and it is begining to show. I sing Hatchers praises a bit but I also realise that he has a wealth of talent to work with. West will be OK. I look for a 7-3 or 6-4 finish and 2nd or 3rd seed out of region 2.

I agree with your assessment. The Trojans appear to be getting better each week, and I see them having a strong finish. But I do believe that East will be the team to beat. And I am very excited, and look forward to calling the game. I am hoping we might work something out to simulcast with Mike Rypel, the Voice of the Hurricanes on WCRK, since both WMTN and WCRK are sister stations now under the Lakeway Publishers banner. It shall be a fun time!

We have some work to do before we are labeled the team to beat. Our O is getting better and we are still getting the kinks out. Last year the O looked better each week and I think the same will be true this year.

Yeah, I have heard that from others. But, based on overall talent, it seems that East is the best all-around team. Now, West played Jefferson County to the point, West was up by 13. But turnovers let the Pats back in the game with all momentum, and they rolled. If West cuts down on the mistakes and gets better on the offensive line, it could be another solid year for Coach Woods' squad.

What is your opinion on Greeneville being a legitimate sleeper this year?

GHS has a good team. They looked good in the jamboree so alot of people are picking them as a contender based on a 1 qtr scrimmage that their opponent would have rather had a practice than to participate in. GHS has some playmakers and I saw them at Jeff and was just not that impressed. Jeff made a ton of mistakes in that game. GHS will get a real test @ sullivan south coming up and then we can measure how good they are. Beating a jeff team that may prove to be very inconsistent and losing to a 2a team from KY(even if they were champs) does not tell me enough. Time will tell. They are a good and WILL make the playoffs this year.

Yeah, I have heard that from others. But, based on overall talent, it seems that East is the best all-around team. Now, West played Jefferson County to the point, West was up by 13. But turnovers let the Pats back in the game with all momentum, and they rolled. If West cuts down on the mistakes and gets better on the offensive line, it could be another solid year for Coach Woods' squad.

What is your opinion on Greeneville being a legitimate sleeper this year?

West by 14 or more if they can hold on to the ball.

Greeneville is dangerous as they can run and pass. They are not a sleeper as

most people see they are going to be tough to handle.