Freshman football

bipbopzot

REGION 2 CHAMPIONSHIP:OoLTEWAH 30.....Farragut 0: farragut came out grinding the ball out early,but owls stopped them,owls fumble on very first play,but,hold farragut to 3 and out.during our next poss.,one of farragut's players got blocked into one of his own teammates and was knocked out for a couple of minutes and laid there for several minutes,he complained of shoulder and arm tingling,some pain,it took the ambulance forever to get there,I really hope he is o.k.,nobody likes to see that happen to anybody.,after that owls score,but miss extra piont,halftime..owls 6/farragut 0.2nd half owls take over pound the ball up and down the field,score 3 more times 2 run,1 pass..hit hard and caused several turnovers,2 ints,a couple or 3 fumbles.Farragut has a good bunch of boys,34 is a monster/3 very talented,line is big and physical.Ooltewah was led by qb Richard"Goose"Manning and our big powerful rb Demarion Williams,both had big days,Goose w/great inside,outside moves for big gains,had 3 TDs(2run,1 pass),while Demarion ran hard up the middle for several big runs(1TD) dragging players and running over several.Lemeach(fb) did a great job running up the middle and blocking,he had a couple of big runs.Shumaker had a good day at (wr)had 3 catches,1 for a td.Owl fans should be proud of our offensive line,they blocked great all day..Moore,Mcculley,Chol,Cagle,Jetton and Richey at (TE),who also had a big catch on 4th down.DEFENSE:everybody on defense played their butts off,Demarion/Goose lead early,then it seems like everybody else took over,Big MOORE(ng)(4tackles,all losses) dominated the middle along w/ (LB)Woods(int,5 tackles),Freeman,Templeton(3tackles),Richey,Mcculley,Hayes,Oliver(tackle for loss),Parton(2 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> tackles). Thanks for the coaches: MASSEY/WARE,parents,cheerleaders,everybody involved,mcminn for hosting.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratz to the Owls on a well deserved victory. I made the trip down to McMinn and these are my observations: Ooltewah's offense was well lead by #7 at QB, a very effective runner, don't know too much about his arm as he really never had to use it much. #32 at RB was elusive and had surprizing power for his size. Can't really say too much about their OL as they ran wide most of the day, but they looked to have size and mobility. Farragut started strong, but fell apart in the second half. It seemed their offense's lack of consistant drives forced their defense to be on the field too long and wore down chasing #32 and #7 all over the field. I don't think Ooltewah was 30 points better than Farragut, but they definitely were the better team on Saturday.

That's good to hear,about the young man,I'm just glad it wasn't serious(that ambulance took forever!)#7GOOSE didn't throw that much(but he has a great arm when he gets a chance to show it),he threw one TD,a nice little fade pass to Shumaker#4 in corner of the endzone,but you are right,didn't have to pass much.Goose/Demarion#32 did run well.Our defense played alot better than,I thiought they would.if farragut doesn't have all the turnovers,the score probably wouldn't have been 30/0,but anyway good game,hope to see you all next few years. GOOD LUCK,ADs!!