Greenbrier vs. DeKalb County

GreenbrierCat2

Greenbrier welcomes DeKalb County this Friday. Greenbrier is having an Homecoming earlier in the season this year and we look forward to having another week at home before we go next week to Portland.

This should be an interesting game. Greenbrier has beaten DeKalb the last two seasons and I'm sure DeKalb is looking for to upset our Homecoming. The Cats have been looking good and even with the loss to David Lipscomb, a consistent face in the Blue Cross State title games, our Cats are playing as a team with a four-pronged attack. The efforts of many of the Bobcats have been real difference makers in our games, and pass is no longer something we do only on our highways here.

I'm looking forward to another Friday night in our new stadium.

A note to all the Bobcat fans, don't be surprised if you are asked to change seats this weekend IF you are sitting in reserved seats. The new seating arrangements are a little confusing but just look for the lettering on the steps, and also at the section "placard" along the front rail of the sections to let you know how the seat numbering goes.

And dont' forget....BE PROUD AND BE LOUD!

Greenbrier welcomes DeKalb County this Friday. Greenbrier is having an Homecoming earlier in the season this year and we look forward to having another week at home before we go next week to Portland.

This should be an interesting game. Greenbrier has beaten DeKalb the last two seasons and I'm sure DeKalb is looking for to upset our Homecoming. The Cats have been looking good and even with the loss to David Lipscomb, a consistent face in the Blue Cross State title games, our Cats are playing as a team with a four-pronged attack. The efforts of many of the Bobcats have been real difference makers in our games, and pass is no longer something we do only on our highways here.

I'm looking forward to another Friday night in our new stadium.

A note to all the Bobcat fans, don't be surprised if you are asked to change seats this weekend IF you are sitting in reserved seats. The new seating arrangements are a little confusing but just look for the lettering on the steps, and also at the section "placard" along the front rail of the sections to let you know how the seat numbering goes.

And dont' forget....BE PROUD AND BE LOUD!

Still can't quiet get used to homecoming being the 2nd game of the year but I guess it isn't that big of a deal. I guess the memories of building floats and raiding the underclassmen when the leaves are falling off the trees and the evenings are cool will have to be good enough.

Anyone know anything about DeKalb? I've heard/seen very little on the board.

Greenbrier: 28

DeKalb Co.: 6

The Bobcats should methodically dominate the game on the ground and build up a comfortable 4TD lead in the third quarter before emptying the bench. DeKalb may get a cheap score late against the Greenbrier reserves.

Look for Seay, Dickerson, & Pinkleton to have solid nights against a improved DeKalb Co. Tigers bunch.

Has any of the locals heard what time the HC festivities will kick off?

Homecoming festivities start at 6:30. I was glad to see that the kids got to have a sorta-semi pep rally last night at the bonfire. I think that's the first one they've had in a few years and they seemed to really enjoy it. I have never been agreeable to discontinuation of pep-rallies and I hope that Greenbrier continues to make it a habit to give kids things like this to be involved in. The more things they have to look forward to just helps students overall academic performance and attitudes.

Homecoming festivities start at 6:30. I was glad to see that the kids got to have a sorta-semi pep rally last night at the bonfire. I think that's the first one they've had in a few years and they seemed to really enjoy it. I have never been agreeable to discontinuation of pep-rallies and I hope that Greenbrier continues to make it a habit to give kids things like this to be involved in. The more things they have to look forward to just helps students overall academic performance and attitudes.

I can remember back when the homecoming was a huge ordeal that the entire town took part in. There was float building, parades down Hwy 41, bonfires, pep rallies... the whole nine yards. There was often an "incident" or two that occured during the week but nothing too crazy and everyone had a great time. Those were some fun times.

They've discontinued pep rallies?

Another nice game for the Bobcats. Dekalb county had a really good and scrappy QB, and number 7 was fun to watch.

I believe the light drizzle put a damper on our passing game, but the backs were certainly up to the challenge. I said last week after the bobcats loss to DL, that number 42 for the Bobcats needed to see the ball a little more. Well instead of 2 runs for 40 yards, he was closer to 8 touches for 200+ yards. Not sure of the exact stats, but he is a playmaker. He did not get the ball on offense until 2 min into the second quarter!! Special teams and team Penalties were improved for the Cats this week. Dekalb had a good play action and was able to throw a lot of underneath passes.

I was glad to see us get through the game without any major injuries. It seemed like the knees of the bobcat players had targets on them. Dekalb was cut blocking on the opening kickoff all the way through the game on offense, and most tackles were made from the knee cap down. They were a big, strong, team that did not need to play that kind of game.

Still looking for the Bobcat faithfull to crank it up a notch. Student turnout was much higher tonight and they really got into the game!!

I'd like to say thanks for the good words in this post about DeKalb County. They've been a whipping post for a lot of years.

They've improved, don't you think? They have worked really hard and it's showing.

#7 is fun to watch thats for sure. He's got a lot of tallent. There's a lot of tallent on that team.

We've still got some bugs to work out but it's getting better.

I'd like to say thanks for the good words in this post about DeKalb County. They've been a whipping post for a lot of years.

They've improved, don't you think? They have worked really hard and it's showing.

#7 is fun to watch thats for sure. He's got a lot of tallent. There's a lot of tallent on that team.

We've still got some bugs to work out but it's getting better.

DeKalb has improved alot. I look for you guys to surprise everyone and come up with a win pretty soon, and probably more than one. While I listened to the delayed radio broadcast this morning I heard the announcers say that DeKalb definitely knows how to run a pass play. That was obvious. Personally I do think the rain had an effect on the game on both sides, but I think our boys may have come in with a little more passive attitude this week than the last two. When we go to Portland on Friday our guys and our fans are going to have to make some noise and get fired up. I think it makes a difference.

Pictures of last night and Week 1 against David Lipscomb are posted on the fanpage. Just scroll down the side and look for Photoshows.... or just go to

http://www.photoshow.com/members/GHSCatFan/all