Page @ CAK

taylorcm7190

Well...I normally sit out discussions when My Page team plays private schools unless provoked. Guess what???

I see a thread where CAK is already talking about playing Webb next week.

That is about one of the most arrogant moves that I have seen on here. It shows a total lack of respect towards the Patriots. I hope everyone on the Page team gets to see the post. I hope that sure comes home to you all and bites you big time. You may beat us but you will know you have been in a tough one.

Sure, we have a young team and have played a tough schedule so far. Maybe you get us this year at your place....but look out. Maybe...just maybe...this is something that really wakes us up.

With these kind of cocky predictions, maybe we shouldn't make the trip.

I understand what you're saying but just because a fan made a post about a future game doesnt = a lack of respect for Page. CAK isnt overlooking them, they take one game at a time. You wont see any of the players making threads on games in the future. Don't judge the whole school based on one harmless thread.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I normally sit out discussions when My Page team plays private schools unless provoked. Guess what???

That is about one of the most arrogant moves that I have seen on here. It shows a total lack of respect towards the Patriots. I hope everyone on the Page team gets to see the post. I hope that sure comes home to you all and bites you big time. You may beat us but you will know you have been in a tough one.

Sure, we have a young team and have played a tough schedule so far. Maybe you get us this year at your place....but look out. Maybe...just maybe...this is something that really wakes us up.

[/quote

Dang man, sure looks like you found something and ran with it. Who cares if someone makes a post about a game a couple weeks in advance, it shouldn't matter on the field at all. What wins games? On field play execution. CoachT posts don't, so don't go all passive agressive on a kid that posts about cak webb. give me a break. By the way i don't even play football so don't try and post this up on a locker room somewhere, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER, ITS COACHT!!!!!

Now back to the topic. CAK by 2-4 TD's if not more just because i have heard that Page is a mediocre team in a weak region. Just my .02

well, looking back on the other posts, it seems evident that I posted the comment to which you are refferring and I have to ask you if you really even read the post at all. The point of the article was to say that cak should NOT overlook page. compared to webb or alcoa, yes, you are mediocre teams and i don't think you can deny that. so don't get mad about stuff thats true. and don't angrily post before you've read the one you are quoting. I wasn't trying to downplay page at all, just putting everything in perspective. by the way i'm also not a football player but i keep up with it. so like the previous person said, theres no need to have this posted on a locker somewhere

well, looking back on the other posts, it seems evident that I posted the comment to which you are refferring and I have to ask you if you really even read the post at all. The point of the article was to say that cak should NOT overlook page. compared to webb or alcoa, yes, you are mediocre teams and i don't think you can deny that. so don't get mad about stuff thats true. and don't angrily post before you've read the one you are quoting. I wasn't trying to downplay page at all, just putting everything in perspective. by the way i'm also not a football player but i keep up with it. so like the previous person said, theres no need to have this posted on a locker somewhere

I think actually what bulldog is referring to is the CAK vs Webb thread started by Govols14

/quote]

Now that is quite a stretch. CAK and Webb are two rival schools that sit about 1 mile apart. It is only normal that this will be a much talked about game. If fans (not players) talk about a rivalry, that has no bearing on whether the players are overlooking the opponent or not. CAK is a 1A size school playing 2A, in the same region as Alcoa. They also play 3A and 4A teams as well as a very stong Webb team this year. They can not afford to overlook any opponent. I suppose with your logic, if a Washington fan starts talking about the Washington / Dallas game this year ahead of time, that means the Washington players are overlooking all of their other opponents and they should be insulted. How rediculous.

If CAK comes with the same intensity and execution that they have displayed so far this season, I believe they will come away with a victory. If CAK is a little flat after a very emotional rivalry game with Loudon last week, 3A Page could bounce back and give CAK trouble. My prediction is that Coach Bradley will keep his team very, very focused on one game at a time.

I agree with the guy who got ticked off about the Webb vs CAK post. Page shouldnt even get on the bus! Because the CAK train is about to roll right threw them. And I know about Page, half of your athletes are at Independence or at Private schools.

CAK's program is 6 years old, so as far as dreaming about a state championship forever, that is a not so true statement, I remember when CAK was dreaming on winning there first game. Then we slipped up and beat Cloudland, The shot heard around the state...Then we didnt make the playoffs and the last two years the season has ended thanks to that other 2A team at the other end of Pellissippi. Rockwood, Sweetwater and Alcoa are all opponents that can beat CAK.

I dont think Page can though. This is a thought, and opinion, last time I checked that is what CoachT was for to give your opinion.

But we shall see Friday night and as a consilation prize Page will get to see God's Country (East Tennessee)!

I hope all the Page fans have a safe trip. Good luck to both teams, but I believe CAK is to strong in this one! It wont be a blowout, CAK doesnt blow anyone out, but it will be decided by halftime!