Sycamore War Eagles at Cheatham County Cubs

Big Country

Well the War Eagles man-handled the Cheatham County cubs tonight at Mke Jarreau field in Ashland City 35-6. Sycamore got off to a great start with a 70 yd. TD run by Junior QB Jake Simms. Simms and Carrigan did some great work on the ground for the War Eagles tonight. Sycamore's defense made some good stops on the run, but Cheathams receivers sometimes slipped behind Sycamore's DB's and dropped the passes. Sycamore's secondary is going to have to step it up big time against Deaunte Mason and Co. from Pearl Cohn. Sycamore also needs to get the passing game going, but hey they won tonight and thats all that matters. Good job Sycamore and be ready for PC next Friday for homecoming.

I thought you were Greenman for a minute. But good to see that the War Eagles bounced back after last week. And to top it off Station Camp beat Beech, so they have beat a 5a team and a couple of 4a teams, so they (Station Camp) may look to take the region if they keep it up.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the War Eagles man-handled the Cheatham County cubs tonight at Mke Jarreau field in Ashland City 35-6. Sycamore got off to a great start with a 70 yd. TD run by Junior QB Jake Simms. Simms and Carrigan did some great work on the ground for the War Eagles tonight. Sycamore's defense made some good stops on the run, but Cheathams receivers sometimes slipped behind Sycamore's DB's and dropped the passes. Sycamore's secondary is going to have to step it up big time against Deaunte Mason and Co. from Pearl Cohn. Sycamore also needs to get the passing game going, but hey they won tonight and thats all that matters. Good job Sycamore and be ready for PC next Friday for homecoming.

So proud of my War Eagles tonight!! I knew when you took the field that you were playing together as a team. Jake Simms looked confident tonight and overall you guys really stepped up and filled in the gaps. Will be saying a prayer for Zach. Hope the news will be good from Vanderbilt. Congratulations guys. now you can turn your attention to PC, one at a time... GO WAR EAGLES

Sycamore ran the football tonight 47 times for 452 yards & 5TDs. They did not complete one pass on the night (0/7) however the previous stat tells anyone that they did not have to do so. Congrats to the War Eagles on the win. Sycamore is now 5-2 all-time against the Cubs.

"Homecoming 2007" is next week and Sycamore is hosting the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last November (Pearl Cohn). The Firebirds improved their record to 3-1 tonight with a 28-6 win over Whites Creek.

NOW TO CHEATHAM COUNTY.......................

I really can't quite explain what it is but I feel like tonight was a big time disappointment from the team. I realize that the Cubs were playing without three starters defensively and once one of the offensive starters went down in the second period they were without two of their three starters from the offensive backfield HOWEVER this is no excuse to perform badly. Sycamore got off of the bus and looked like a team that played with a sense of urgency and like a team that needed a win following last week's beating. The Cubs, like Sycamore, got it handed to them last week at Giles (66-20) and tonight was a great opportunity for the team to really rally around something. Instead it seemed like the Cubs were VERY INTIMIDATED BY THE SYCAMORE WAR EAGLES!!!! Sycamore ran the ball. Cheatham didn't. Sycamore made tackles. Cheatham missed tackles. Sycamore converted third down opportunites. Cheatham didn't. Sycamore even made kicks. Cheatham didn't. CHEATHAM COUNTY NEEDS TO SOMEHOW FIND A WAY TO GET THINGS TURNED AROUND IN A HURRY OR IT'S GOING TO BE A VERY VERY LONG SEASON!!!! The players have what it takes. I know this to be true. The coaching staff knows it to be true. The parents know it to be true. HOWEVER, IF THE PLAYERS DON'T BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES AND CONTINUE TO PLAY WITH FEAR & NO EMOTION THEN ALL OF THE POTENTIAL IN THE WORLD WON'T MATTER!!!!!

Next week at Lipscomb would be a great way to start a turnaround to what has been a terrible beginning to the season. THE GOOD NEWS????? Cheatham Co. is only 0-1 in the region with 6 more region contests to go. 5 CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF APPEARENCES TELLS THAT LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION!!!! Let's not allow it to become one this year either. Play the game loose and with no fear whatsoever.

Sycamore ran the football tonight 47 times for 452 yards & 5TDs. They did not complete one pass on the night (0/7) however the previous stat tells anyone that they did not have to do so. Congrats to the War Eagles on the win. Sycamore is now 5-2 all-time against the Cubs.

"Homecoming 2007" is next week and Sycamore is hosting the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last November (Pearl Cohn). The Firebirds improved their record to 3-1 tonight with a 28-6 win over Whites Creek.

NOW TO CHEATHAM COUNTY.......................

I really can't quite explain what it is but I feel like tonight was a big time disappointment from the team. I realize that the Cubs were playing without three starters defensively and once one of the offensive starters went down in the second period they were without two of their three starters from the offensive backfield HOWEVER this is no excuse to perform badly. Sycamore got off of the bus and looked like a team that played with a sense of urgency and like a team that needed a win following last week's beating. The Cubs, like Sycamore, got it handed to them last week at Giles (66-20) and tonight was a great opportunity for the team to really rally around something. Instead it seemed like the Cubs were VERY INTIMIDATED BY THE SYCAMORE WAR EAGLES!!!! Sycamore ran the ball. Cheatham didn't. Sycamore made tackles. Cheatham missed tackles. Sycamore converted third down opportunites. Cheatham didn't. Sycamore even made kicks. Cheatham didn't. CHEATHAM COUNTY NEEDS TO SOMEHOW FIND A WAY TO GET THINGS TURNED AROUND IN A HURRY OR IT'S GOING TO BE A VERY VERY LONG SEASON!!!! The players have what it takes. I know this to be true. The coaching staff knows it to be true. The parents know it to be true. HOWEVER, IF THE PLAYERS DON'T BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES AND CONTINUE TO PLAY WITH FEAR & NO EMOTION THEN ALL OF THE POTENTIAL IN THE WORLD WON'T MATTER!!!!!

Next week at Lipscomb would be a great way to start a turnaround to what has been a terrible beginning to the season. THE GOOD NEWS????? Cheatham Co. is only 0-1 in the region with 6 more region contests to go. 5 CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF APPEARENCES TELLS THAT LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION!!!! Let's not allow it to become one this year either. Play the game loose and with no fear whatsoever.

Scores from the past two weeks just shows that the talent level is down in Cub Land. Coach Finley does an excellant job. You might just have to be patient this season and next week at Lipscomb will not be what the" doctor ordered"

Scores from the past two weeks just shows that the talent level is down in Cub Land. Coach Finley does an excellant job. You might just have to be patient this season and next week at Lipscomb will not be what the" doctor ordered"

Coach Finley is a great coach and right now youth, injuries, and some players not really giving it their all is what's holding this team down. Potts, Rhinehart, Dodson, Ragsdale, & Rushing were all gone throughout the night last night due to injury issues. All of them should be healthy within the next week or two.

Have anyone heard any news from Zack #7 family on how he was doing? Good job war eagles look good last night. But don't let your guard down. Pearl Cohn will be a hard team to beat. I know there will be alot of things going on this week but you have to stay focus on the firebirds. It could come back at you just like Station Camp did. I know you are the better that. Good luck next week.