Maplewood vs. Hunters Lane

thebayoubear

wow!! finally i found it!!! .. stupid search feature been screwed for months, whats up with that? ..some kind of punishment?

but yup Big Country that score looks about right, it will be close game, maplewood has had plenty of time to prepare for hunters lane and they should take advantage of that ..and that game last year was wild ..but a much needed test for the panthers ...and they passed it!!! .. i see this game as another test .. best bet go with the panthers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow!! finally i found it!!! .. stupid search feature been screwed for months, whats up with that? ..some kind of punishment?

but yup Big Country that score looks about right, it will be close game, maplewood has had plenty of time to prepare for hunters lane and they should take advantage of that ..and that game last year was wild ..but a much needed test for the panthers ...and they passed it!!! .. i see this game as another test .. best bet go with the panthers

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!!!!!

Maplewood has now shutout a 3A semifinalist 20-0 (PC) that could very easily get right back there this postseason as well as a 5A quarterfinalist (HL) that too could very easily get right back there in the playoffs.

Again, we are talking Pearl Cohn & Hunters Lane. It's not like I am talking about the Tennessee School for the Blind or the Tennessee School for the Deaf here folks.

Maplewood is a better defensive football team at this point this season than they ever were last year. I like the Panthers to suprise some, though it wouldn't at all shock me, and to BEAT HILLSBORO next week. The Burros offensive machine has been held in check this year in games with Franklin & MBA. They put up 28 on Overton who got waxed once again tonight by Father Ryan (38-0).

Maplewood will beat Hillsboro next week 14-13. I don't believe their defense will shutout Hillsboro by any means but I do believe their defense will hold them in check enough to get the "W" and by doing this Maplewood will enter the playoffs as the #1 seed and have homefield throughout all the way to the Blue Cross Bowl.

Maplewood beat Hunters Lane fair and square. No doubt. Hunters Lane decided to pass 23 times in that game. In their last 3 games combined they passed 23 times. Our receivers had a lot more size than their DBs, so we tried to exploit that. After Erik Wisdom rushed 27 times for 163 yards and 1 TD, and Terry Ezell scored 2 TDs against Antioch, Wisdom only carried the ball 12 times against Maplewood. Maplewood defense is hardcore, no question about that, but I would have like to see Hunters Lane challenge them with the run as much as they did Antioch. Wisdom lined up in the slot a lot as opposed to the I-formation. I am a graduate of Maplewood High so I hope they go on to win it all. Hunters Lane will definitely rebound from this loss. Coach Campbell is still tops in my book. Look for Hunters Lane to win the region. I'm biased so I think we can win it all!!!