Seymour Freshman

tnfootball4

There is no way on this planet that Seymour will be placed in 4A Region 1. Those schools are two hours away geographically and there is an entire region (Region 2) between Seymour and Sullivan Co. If I had a guess, you are a Seymour fan who is hoping not to get stuck in a region with Maryville, Central, West, and Powell. You must also remember that the new Grangier Co. HS will be open in 2008 and will possibly be placed in 4A. My guess is that they would be placed in Region 2 before Seymour. The most likely cenerio would have Halls, which using the estimates given by the Sevier Co. School Board and TSSAA has 150 fewer students than Seymour, move to Region 1 3A and Seymour would take their spot in Region 3.

And for Maryville, its somewhat unlikely that they will move to 5A. They have actually had a 3.3% decrease in enrollement since the last realignment period. You must also remember that Maryville does not have to accept any students from outside the city limits. All they have to do is not allow any incoming freshman that are zoned for William Blount or Heritage.

You must not have looked at GP's schedule lately. They have 4 nonconfernce games against larger 3A schools. Say what you will about the quality of these opponents. Their talent is relatively similar to the talent those 4A and 5A schools Seymour is playing.

I actually am a Seymour fan, but I am not speaking with what I hope. It has not been that long ago since Seymour was in the region that traveled to Sullivan County, Volunteer, etc. Maryville will move to 5A, like it or not, and more than likely, Seymour will be in the northeast region. I am not trying to be argumentative, that is just what has been stated from people who know what they are talking about. I live in Sevier County, and I would like for every team in this county, GP included to do well, but when they only play thei JV against freshmen or their Varsity middle school against Seymour's 7th graders, people have the chance of getting hurt. I have a problem with GP for that. I view them as cowards in those instances.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually am a Seymour fan, but I am not speaking with what I hope. It has not been that long ago since Seymour was in the region that traveled to Sullivan County, Volunteer, etc. Maryville will move to 5A, like it or not, and more than likely, Seymour will be in the northeast region. I am not trying to be argumentative, that is just what has been stated from people who know what they are talking about. I live in Sevier County, and I would like for every team in this county, GP included to do well, but when they only play thei JV against freshmen or their Varsity middle school against Seymour's 7th graders, people have the chance of getting hurt. I have a problem with GP for that. I view them as cowards in those instances.

People can read between your lines. Do you think people are idiots? You do not like GP. Case closed.

Typical for your locale.

Say what you wish about the future alignment of the 4A regions. There is no way that Seymour will be a region with the schools in Sullivan Co. All you have to do is look at a map. There is an entire 4A region between Seymour and Sullivan Co. (which happens to include the Morristown schools). As for Maryville, I think that is just a lot of hope by many people in 4A. I don't blame you either. Nobody wants to have to go through them to reach Murfreesboro. But it is hard to imagine them being bumped up a class when they have lost students.

As for GP playing older kids against Seymour. That is as much the Seymour coaching staff's fault as GP's because they don't have to agree to the game. And if memory serves me correct, they played each other in a true JV game last year (I'm not sure about this year's schedule). The JV-freshman game you speak of is not truely a JV team. GP fields a team of freshman that utilizes a few sophomores to fill out the roster. You must remember that many years, Seymour's freshman class is two-thirds the size of GP's entire student body. Of course, most people I know would look at playing older players and strong competition as a way to improve. Isn't that the reason Seymour plays all those 4A and 5A schools you talk about.

Earl Nall's Power and Performance Ratings posted Sunday (IN ORDER):

17 Gatlinburg-Pittman (4-0) 1 56.2 Defeated Pigeon Forge (32-7) at Happy Valley

34 Sevier County (1-3) 1 54.5 Lost to Knoxville West (14-41) at Science Hill

22 Seymour (3-0) 1 51.8 Defeated South Doyle (17-14) Rutledge

54 Pigeon Forge (1-3) 1 26.9 Lost to Gatlinburg-Pittman (7-32) at Knoxville Carter

That might have something to do with the fact that Seymour enrollment at the beginning of the school year was just shy of 1300 while GP's enrollment is holding steady at 600. Using the logic that logic, every AA school should be required to play a school more than double their size. And I think everyone will agree that's crazy. I would look for GP to be in AA for a long time to come, while Seymour will be joining lovely Region 3 - 4A in two years (with Central, West, and Maryville).

Alcoa plays Maryville every year !!! GP and Seymour is probably one of the best rivalry games in East TN or used to be. Why did they stop playing ?

Alcoa plays Maryville every year !!! GP and Seymour is probably one of the best rivalry games in East TN or used to be. Why did they stop playing ?

I apparently do not know anything. Let's have someone from Gatlinburg explain so we can all understand. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

People can read between your lines. Do you think people are idiots? You do not like GP. Case closed.

Typical for your locale.

I do not think having people read between the lines was the point of my post. I do not want people getting hurt. That was the point of my post. I don't make people read between the lines. I say things out right. For example, I don't think people are idiots, except maybe you, and I do wish luck to GP. If you think I am lying, then you must have issues. And as "TYPICAL FOR MY LOCALE", you don't even know where I am! Are you that blatantly cocky to ASSUME anything about me or where I am? Grow a brain and then post about topics. Until then, you might want to steer away from sports boards. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Typical for your locale.

I do not think having people read between the lines was the point of my post. I do not want people getting hurt. That was the point of my post. I don't make people read between the lines. I say things out right. For example, I don't think people are idiots, except maybe you, and I do wish luck to GP. If you think I am lying, then you must have issues. And as "TYPICAL FOR MY LOCALE", you don't even know where I am! Are you that blatantly cocky to ASSUME anything about me or where I am? Grow a brain and then post about topics. Until then, you might want to steer away from sports boards. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Typical for your locale.

Try not clicking reply several times next. Your statement "I don't want people getting hurt" doesn't make since. Middle School Ball last time I checked included 7 & 8 grade so what is the problem with GP 8 graders playing against Seymour 7 graders. Also, 9 graders are probably registered as senior high athletes anyway. That means they can play against 12 graders. In other words 14 yr olds might have to play against 19 yr olds if they wish to play high school football. Everyone knows that injuries can happen any time in a contact sport. Shoot one can tear their ACL climbing stairs. Come on tell the real truth. Ya'll whined last year when a few sophomores filled out with the freshman against Seymour and you got beat. (GP's 8 points came from Freshman running back and freshman QB throwing to freshman TE for 2 pt conversion.) And still whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try not clicking reply several times next. Your statement "I don't want people getting hurt" doesn't make since. Middle School Ball last time I checked included 7 & 8 grade so what is the problem with GP 8 graders playing against Seymour 7 graders. Also, 9 graders are probably registered as senior high athletes anyway. That means they can play against 12 graders. In other words 14 yr olds might have to play against 19 yr olds if they wish to play high school football. Everyone knows that injuries can happen any time in a contact sport. Shoot one can tear their ACL climbing stairs. Come on tell the real truth. Ya'll whined last year when a few sophomores filled out with the freshman against Seymour and you got beat. (GP's 8 points came from Freshman running back and freshman QB throwing to freshman TE for 2 pt conversion.) And still whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen, I am not whining when I say I don't want people getting hurt. If that is whining, then GP shouldn't have griped when Alcoa treated them like a peewee team a few years ago. I did not realize that not wanting people to get hurt was considered whining. "Ya'll whined last year when a few sophomores filled out with the freshmen"- I did not whine. I won't whine about that. That is simply cheating if it is supposed to be a freshmen game. Get off your horse of defending GP and calling people whiners when they look out for others.

Listen, I am not whining when I say I don't want people getting hurt. If that is whining, then GP shouldn't have griped when Alcoa treated them like a peewee team a few years ago. I did not realize that not wanting people to get hurt was considered whining. "Ya'll whined last year when a few sophomores filled out with the freshmen"- I did not whine. I won't whine about that. That is simply cheating if it is supposed to be a freshmen game. Get off your horse of defending GP and calling people whiners when they look out for others.

How do you figure GP whined about the game last year? You need to read posts from last year. Second, you need to check your TSSAA rules. Where does it say a 10th grader cannot play against a 9th grader. Actually, does it say a 12th grader can't play in that game? Why a coach would want to I don't know but sure it has happened. GP does not have enough 9th graders to fill a complete freshman team so they fill in with 10th graders. (Last year GP didn't have enough offensive lineman to field an offense. Would you rather them put 75 lb. receivers at OL. You are so concerned about injuries. Thats when you get someone hurt.) They play a limited schedule of games. I assure you that those coaches are very well aware of that and agree to that. I would be more concerned about a 225 lb. 9th grader just falling on a 75 lb. 9th grader than I would the same size 10th grader tackling them. You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Check the birth dates of the 2 boys that scored against Seymour's freshman last year and compare them to birth dates of your on "9th" graders last year. Some of your "9th" graders were as much as a year older or more. If you are so concerned about injuries ask your own coach why he would agree to let his "9th" graders play against 10th graders. Then next year be sure and point out that those kids as 10th graders don't need to play against 12th graders who could actually be 19 years old and still be eligible. Coach Householder and Coach Hammonds are both excellent coaches and very respected coaches. Why don't you let those coaches do what they do best and quit doubting their judgement. They know what they are doing and I'm sure the last thing they want is to see a kid get hurt.

My final thought: I only hope for your safety that you don't play golf.