Cookeville @ Lebanon

onestupidme

i see lebanon winning this one pretty easily. dont know wat cookeville has this year, but usually they play the blue pretty hard. i see this game being the largest crowd at leb. since the 05 playoff game against coffee co.

final prediction

LEBANON 28

COOKEVILLE 10

I agree that there will be a large crowd there, Lebanon hasn't won thier first 2 games of the season in a while.

Look for Lebanon to win by 10

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebanon is very athletic and physical a good combo to go with.Cookeville is very well coached and will play hard lebanon 24-21.

I agree. Lebanon is extremely way more athletic than the cavs. But I think it'll come down to ball control. Which ever team keeps the other teams D off the field has a pretty good chance of winning. And of course Turnovers.

I agree. Lebanon is extremely way more athletic than the cavs. But I think it'll come down to ball control. Which ever team keeps the other teams D off the field has a pretty good chance of winning. And of course Turnovers.

Cookeville i believe will try to play ball control with short passing game and i expect hennigan to bounce back in a big way!!

in my experiences, cookeville always gives us fits, so i am fairly worried about this game. Lebanon is always ahead of Cookeville in athletic ability, but somehow we can find ways to lose. I think this team is different this year than any in the past. they are poised and confident and play like winners. you cannot teach that. if cookeville has a strong running game, then i believe it will be shut down by lebanon's strong run D. none of those guys play offense so they are all rested every series. they will have to do it throuh the air, but lebanon has also shut down brentwood's passing O, but could not control rod wilkes of Smyrna. i hope this is a good one but i believe Lebanon on top.

Lebanon 17 - cookeville 10

I know this series has cost me a bunch of times in the Pickem contest. Seems like when Cookeville is heavily favored to win that Lebanon does, and when Lebanon is heavily favored to win, then Cookeville takes it. You never know what to expect when these two teams get to cracking heads. I suppose both HC's use that for motivation?? Expect a hard-hitting and emotional game.

Looking at the recent history on this game, it looks like this series is close almost every year.

2000 Blue Devils 26 Cavs 6

2001 Blue Devils 6 Cavs 0

2002 Cavs 28 Blue Devils 0

2003 Cavs 32 Blue Devils 28

2004 Blue Devils 17 Cavs 14

State

Playoffs Cavs 28 Blue Devils 8

2005 Cavs 34 Blue Devils 14

2006 Blue Devils 24 Cavs 18

Overall 4 and 4 over the last 8 games. Should be another hard hitting game.

i agree that lebanon- cookeville game always gives each team a headache when playin and also a headache b/c of all the smash mouth football from both teams i predict a little more passing from the blue devils since daley sallis has pretty much shown that he is able to carry the team on his back, dont know his complete numbers but they r good for the first two games about 300 yards an maybe 4 touchdowns, he should have a strong game if cookeville still plays straight man lebanon has way too much speed for cookeville