CAK vs. Wartburg Central

BigDog71

look, CAK could possibly be the most ove team in the state. I've watched them play and i was not impressed at all. The only reason they are 4-0 is because they've played no one. Now before you jump on my case, let me defend myself. Boyd Buchanan went 3-7 last year, what a powerhouse. Cherokee is already second to last in their region, ata way chiefs. Loudon lost Hawkins and the refs were terrible in that game, any other night CAK would get their virginity taken in a brutal way. And finally Page, where they havent had a winning season in, what is it, 10 years? But i guess they're just having a down decade.

This is a load of garbage right above me that moneyballs23 said. Stupid username too bud. CAK is not overrated at all. They beat Loudon completely fair and the refs didn't effect the outcome of that game. CAK ran that game from the beginning so don't even try that "ref messed the game" crap. What is your team that we beat? Who have ya'll played? Just because CAK beat your team you don't have to go put them down. Even if your team has played someone, then they probably haven't beaten anyone.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK can only have beaten the teams they've played. So far, their wins have been pretty convincing. People can draw their own conclusion, but the fact is that they've beaten 2 teams in 2A. One won state a few years ago and is a quality program. The second is consistently a playoff team in this region. They've also beaten a 4A school and a 3A school. They may not be the top of their division, but CAK handled them convincingly. The margin of victory so far has been 14, 21, 17, and 25. A one point victory would be good enough, but they haven't just barely squesked by. Their only region game so far has been against Loudon, who is strong every year. The final score was 38 to 21, CAK. Having watched them play, SO FAR they have been very impressive in every outing by any objective standard. You could add in the jamboree appearance against what is now an undefeated 4A Powell program. It was pretty one sided in CAK's favor. There is still a lot of season left. How these young men feel about their season when they look back in the future will in my opinion depend on how they handle the rest of their season in 2A. It is nice to get a couple wins in 3A and 4A, but had they lost either game it wouldn't have ruined their season. Given the way the playoff spots and seeding is determined this year in 2A though, these wins should help IF they continue to take care of business in their region. If you look at CAK's schedule, it would be hard to say it is anything but very difficult. In addition to what they've already played, they have the rest of their tough region (Sweetwater and Rockwood both look very tough) plus Webb and let's not forget Alcoa, both of whom won state last year.

look, CAK could possibly be the most ove team in the state. I've watched them play and i was not impressed at all. The only reason they are 4-0 is because they've played no one. Now before you jump on my case, let me defend myself. Boyd Buchanan went 3-7 last year, what a powerhouse. Cherokee is already second to last in their region, ata way chiefs. Loudon lost Hawkins and the refs were terrible in that game, any other night CAK would get their virginity taken in a brutal way. And finally Page, where they havent had a winning season in, what is it, 10 years? But i guess they're just having a down decade.

Do you honestly think hawkins would make a difference in the outcome of the loudon game?? i mean he is SOO GOOD that he got his scholarship taken away from him at UT. oh and the refs werent bad obviously you wernt even at the game. i mean if you want bad refs go back to the CAk Loudon game last year for instance when we threw a pass wiht six second left and he ran out of bounds then the refs didnt call him out of bounds and let the clock run out. im sorry CAK has beaten your team whatever it is, im guessing loudon, but that not a reason to hate that school.

Do you honestly think hawkins would make a difference in the outcome of the loudon game?? i mean he is SOO GOOD that he got his scholarship taken away from him at UT. oh and the refs werent bad obviously you wernt even at the game. i mean if you want bad refs go back to the CAk Loudon game last year for instance when we threw a pass wiht six second left and he ran out of bounds then the refs didnt call him out of bounds and let the clock run out. im sorry CAK has beaten your team whatever it is, im guessing loudon, but that not a reason to hate that school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think TSSAA should let us play this game under two hand touch rules, so that noone gets hurt, that is about the only thing that can come from this game is a freak injury in a blowout! I hope that neither team suffers an injury, but this is not going to be a competitive game at all. CAK's JV could win this one. And will probably see most of the action!

This may not be a huge matchup but as said earlier the Warriors are playing a region game so in those terms its important. I predict that as long as CAK can keep focused they will decide how many points to put on the scoreboard. This will be a game to gain some experience for the younger players.

Well, some of these posts are getting a little old if you ask me! I'll agree that CAK will probably win this game because of their depth, experience and offense. But after watching Wartburg play Harriman, I have to say that you won't find a team around that plays with more heart than the dogs do. Yes, they're still on a losing streak, but the effort, desire, and attitude has totally changed from last year! I was so impressed by Wartburg's fans standing and cheering the dogs effort after the game! It just gets a little old listening to everyone downgrade this team like they do. I have a feeling in a few years Wartburg will be a competitive program and some naysayers will be taking notice. EVERY program has it's ups and downs, including the CAKS of the world. The dogs may not win a game this season, but all the freshmen and sophomores playing and starting right now are getting better and one day they may remember all the verbal abuse and some may be singing a differet tune!