Knox Central

goblue08091

don't really know much about them. They have had some pretty good teams in the past, but they have not won in a while and haven't scored many points this season. Central should be a big favorite in this one, but that is a long bus ride over to Nashville. Hope they go early and get plenty of time to get loose. Let's hope there are not any injuries. Central will need everyone healthy when they play some team from Blount Co.

any rhyme or reason why Central is playing Whites Creek?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't make any sense to me. I think Central will probably put up 50 or 60 on this program they are very weak. Maybe Central has trouble finding local opponents because of their history of success and teams not wanting to be being beaten up with important region foes coming up. I noticed they always start with a team in Kentucky maybe this is a filler game just like that has been in the past. Cookeville and Farragut have been two quality non-region foes early on so maybe a breather here to look at new things.

Central should be the #2 seed in the region now.

Doesn't make any sense to me. I think Central will probably put up 50 or 60 on this program they are very weak. Maybe Central has trouble finding local opponents because of their history of success and teams not wanting to be being beaten up with important region foes coming up. I noticed they always start with a team in Kentucky maybe this is a filler game just like that has been in the past. Cookeville and Farragut have been two quality non-region foes early on so maybe a breather here to look at new things.

I agree that Central will be #2. They will get the head to head over Halls and will take care of West with ease. Maryville may be closer than people expect if they can get a big game out of Wilson. Central is still playing for the 1 seed and they feel they can get it if they take care of business on the field.

As far as not being able to find local teams. Some Coaches perceive that Central has tried to recruit their players and just won't schedule the Bobcats.

I think there is some truth to what ZCAR said about local opponents. Central usually plays a team or two from outside this area. Personally, I think that is good, and I wish more teams from here did that. Fulton and Alcoa have also done this recently. I remember a few years ago, Halls and Brentwood had a series. It really gives you a chance to see other programs and ways of doing things. It also gives some media exposure outside of Kville. The Division II schools, or course, have had to do this for years. It does hurt the gate reciepts a bit unless you would get two big state or out of state teams together. The deal up in Ky was a two year arraingement for their bowl game they hold at the beginning of each season. I believe MO West and MO East are in it the next two years. From what I could gather, the invited teams to those games were guaranteed a pretty good chunk of change for playing.

As far as this game goes, again, Central should be a big favorite to win.

I think there is some truth to what ZCAR said about local opponents. Central usually plays a team or two from outside this area. Personally, I think that is good, and I wish more teams from here did that. Fulton and Alcoa have also done this recently. I remember a few years ago, Halls and Brentwood had a series. It really gives you a chance to see other programs and ways of doing things. It also gives some media exposure outside of Kville. The Division II schools, or course, have had to do this for years. It does hurt the gate reciepts a bit unless you would get two big state or out of state teams together. The deal up in Ky was a two year arraingement for their bowl game they hold at the beginning of each season. I believe MO West and MO East are in it the next two years. From what I could gather, the invited teams to those games were guaranteed a pretty good chunk of change for playing.

As far as this game goes, again, Central should be a big favorite to win.

i have heard that argument before in regards to local teams not wanting to play central due to the recruiting rumors. there must be at least some credance to that statement.

i agree with playing teams out of the area. it is always nice to see how your team stacks up to teams that you normally dont get a chance to see. just wondering why it was whites creek this year. good luck to central, represent ET well.

Agree with Central having a great opportunity to give Maryville all they want this year.

Maryville's very strong but Central with Wilson and McMillian running the ball can be the difference and if Bridges coming back solidifies the secondary and gets some picks like Price of Powell did last week anything can happen. Burnette has to cool down sometime doesn't he? Great QB but how long can he pass for over 80% completion rate. I feel this could be the year Maryville may stumble of course we say that every year lately. But my money is on Willy Blount with the upset at home this week. We will see. May sure you take the headphones with you to Nashville to keep up with the big matchup Friday night.

Whites Creek is NEVER this bad.Almost always a playoff team & has went deep in the playoffs several times.

I'd say when the schedule was made "the Creek" thought they were gonna be pretty good cause they also scheduled Ooltewah(got beat by 'em last week I think).Obviously trying to come east & play some top notch programs to try to get 'em ready for the (playoffs?...)

Looks like it may have backfired on 'em this year though... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Good luck to Central the rest of the way!

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Squad--what do you know about White's Creek? Style of play? Personnel? Any tidbits would be good.

Good luck to the Cavs the rest of the way. We'll see you next year in Cville.

Don't know much this year...Just know what I've seen on Nashville TV & newspapers over the years.

They're an inner city Nashville school.Usually loaded with athletes & speed.Therefore they used to play pretty wide open.Obviously don't have the normal weapons this year.

I don't think y'all would have a problem regardless...

Good luck in the playoffs,see ya next year!

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />