District 11 AAA

kickgrass

Prior to the season it was mentioned that 11 AAA was very tough and difficult to advance from. The results through the midpoint of the season illustrate the parity of this District. The folks that want to do the they did this against school A and School A did this to School B, so School C is the best, will get a real headache from these results:

Franklin (1-0-1):

Ravenwood 0-0 draw

Brentwood 2-1 win

Brentwood ( 2-1-0 ):

Franklin 1-2 loss

Independence 4-1 win

Centennial 3-0 win

Centennial (1-1-1):

Independence 2-2 draw

Ravenwood 3-1 win

Brnetwood 0-3 loss

Ravenwood (1-1-1):

Franklin 0-0 draw

Centennial 1-3 loss

Independence 1-0 win

Independence (0-2-1):

Centennial 2-2 draw

Ravenwood 0-1 loss

Brentwood 1-4 loss

Is there any other distrcit that has this type of parity amongst quality teams? Geez this district tournament is going to be something else, anything could happen, just as Ravenwoods run last year. 3 of these teams will be eliminated after the district tourney. It would appear that Franklin is in the drivers seaqt with the win over Brentwood, but they still have 3 district games left and who knows?

A link to the article about the Brentwood vs. Centennial game below. Very interesting comments from the Centennial coach at the end. I guess that explains where all of the "we dominated the game but lost 3-0" type remarks come from. After reading the comments I wonder if I saw the same game?

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...2/1166/COUNTY09

Prior to the season it was mentioned that 11 AAA was very tough and difficult to advance from. The results through the midpoint of the season illustrate the parity of this District. The folks that want to do the they did this against school A and School A did this to School B, so School C is the best, will get a real headache from these results:

Franklin (1-0-1):

Ravenwood 0-0 draw

Brentwood 2-1 win

Brentwood ( 2-1-0 ):

Franklin 1-2 loss

Independence 4-1 win

Centennial 3-0 win

Centennial (1-1-1):

Independence 2-2 draw

Ravenwood 3-1 win

Brnetwood 0-3 loss

Ravenwood (1-1-1):

Franklin 0-0 draw

Centennial 1-3 loss

Independence 1-0 win

Independence (0-2-1):

Centennial 2-2 draw

Ravenwood 0-1 loss

Brentwood 1-4 loss

Is there any other distrcit that has this type of parity amongst quality teams? Geez this district tournament is going to be something else, anything could happen, just as Ravenwoods run last year. 3 of these teams will be eliminated after the district tourney. It would appear that Franklin is in the drivers seaqt with the win over Brentwood, but they still have 3 district games left and who knows?

This is a great district filled with really good teams and really good players. I think we are fortunate to have such good teams in the same district. It makes the regular season a lot of fun knowing you get the privelige to play these types of teams day in and day out. Its true that some of us wont make it out of districts. Very well could be us (franklin). However, that deosnt take away from the fun of the regular season. I like HS soccer because of the journey and process of building and getting better during the regular season. Its those experiences(win or lose) during the regular season that can be very meaningful in a lot of different positive ways. I think sometimes we put to much hype on the tournament and stop enjoying the process along the way (which i would argue is the most important thing). If after the regular season your in a position to go further, by all acounts that is the goal. I just wouldnt pin the success or failure of my entire season or discount a great regular season, due to one game (possibly one bad call) and your out. HS truly is more than just W's, (to me anyways). Its about the great match ups and the fun the players have representing there schools, communities, and playing against there travel buddies on rival teams and a host of other reasons that i wont bore everyone with.

Post season is great, but the fun of the regular season and the lessons learned shouldnt be discounted due to one district semi-final loss against a great team. In our district that happens every year and this year will be no different im sure. For the season and tourny, I just hope that everyone for all the teams stay healthy and we can give the other teams a really competitive game win or lose and demonstrate sportsmanship and class throughout.

But yes, this district is tough to play in. But fun because of it.

Things can be left out of quotes even with tape or even taken out of context.

Well said laban. This district is brimming with talent. VERY DEEP. All the games have been hard fought and well played. My hat is off to all coaches and players in this area. I have enjoyed watching each of the games. Great job to all and good luck in the future contests. All of the district should be proud it is an awesome group of girls.

From where I sit brentwood will have lots of tough competition in the end. They are a well run team with tons of skill so we will have to see where they go. We all got shocked by Ravenwood last year so its all in who gets hot when. It will be exciting. Franklin is impressive too. Ravenwood has lots of grit and IHS has a lot of heart so I think we could all see a fruit basket turnover in the end. I guess it will have to be like Christmas for us all. We gotta wait and see what Santa brings us!

I agree Cougette. Brentwood and everyone else in the District will have lots of competition at the end and during the remainder of the regular season. That (as Laban said) is what makes this District fun and serves to prepare the teams for the post season.

Yup, Santa will bring some teams Big Wheels and some switches and ashes. But, you gotta be good girls to get Big Wheels.

It's hard to be misquoted when the reporter uses a tape recorder---and he did.

Come on now... you know as well as I do, that sometimes the reporter gets it wrong, or spins it a different way than the coach meant, or took it out of context (and I am not saying that it was on purpose, but I have had plenty of articles that did not come out the way that I was expecting).

Now, I don't know this coach, but being a coach, I try to give the benefit of the doubt to the coaches. It is hard to organize your thoughts right after a tough win or loss, when you are thinking about what you are going to say to your players, what mistakes you need to work on, what things you did well, and at the same time, you have to answer questions point blank from a reporter.

Ask Akula about my misquote last season... he got a laugh out of it, thankfully!