Clarksville@Oakland

Golfendude

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are they out for blood especially after keeping up with a very good Wilson County team who only beat them by 14 according to the paper. They only lost to Riverdale by 2 touchdowns and that was given up on only 2 long plays other than that they kept riverdale scoreless. They are a very good team. You can tell that just from the teams they have played and lost to. They will not have any trouble with Clarksville. Clarksville hasn't played anyone except Beech and lost to them.and beech is now 2-2 thanks to that win. If you go back and look at the wins of the teams that Clarksville has played, they are against teams that are 0-20 combined record.

I don't know who you are and really don't care but you are not playing for Clarksville High.. Yet you say you are. So whats you deal. Tell you what go play somewhere else before you get you feelings hurt.. Understood. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Your TROUBLE.. i can find that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This game is just at a tough spot on the schedule. Should have been a win but what's done is done...start getting ready for two weeks from now.

Playoffs start for Oakland beginning with the next game....got to win them all. Can't dwell on this one.

Good luck. Who is next on the schedule for Oakland?

This game is just at a tough spot on the schedule. Should have been a win but what's done is done...start getting ready for two weeks from now.

Playoffs start for Oakland beginning with the next game....got to win them all. Can't dwell on this one.

Good luck. Who is next on the schedule for Oakland?

I beg your pardon they seemed to have had trouble with our D. Amassing some of these post i read after a loss. Should have been a win. Can you explain HOW? Whatever, there a good team.

stunning

Can't believe the team I saw go toe to toe with riverdale would lose to this 4a team. I actually changed my pick friday morning because I heard coach ferg last week on the radio say clarksvile had lost of "athletes" and I thought wow that may give oakland problems. The friday morning I thought --- no I saw Oakland play riverdale and there is no way they lose to this team especially with Oaklands defense

From what it sounds like Oaklands d is still at the region 4 5A level but their offense continues to struggle.

Should be a great game in a couple weeks with Smyrnas offense facing one of the best defenses in the region.

the good news----- lebanon or wc will get a region loss next week while rutherford county teams get rested and healed.

2p your positive support is to be commended

I really appreciate the support from you guys at Riverdale and Smyrna. It means a lot to us at Oakland. I know everyone is really down right now.

Cat, your assessment is right on the money. We knew we would have some growing pains on the offense installing a new system. I still believe it was the right call to put in the wingt with the players we have. We just have to fast forward this fall break week and get the O back on track. Everyone has to believe in it to make it work, and everyone has to do his job on every snap of the ball to make it successful. You can't just stand back and watch the poor QB get killed. We cannot let the D penetrate on us like we have been doing thus far. We have a great group of kids and it is time to start shining on the O, and let the D get a drink at least!!

Our best game that we played all yr was against Riverdale. Where that team has gone is beyond me. I am really hoping that we can re-group and give Smyrna the fight of our lives. I KNOW this team has leaders and there are players who still have heart. I beg them to step in and take this team over, so they return to fighting form.

I just have to salute our defense. Your backs keep getting put against the wall and you are playing so many minutes every single game. YET...you continue to play to unheard of levels. It has to be pure heart that you guys are running on.......I cannot give you enough praise. Better teams than this one would have just laid down with all the adversity you have faced this season with the multitude of turnovers, yet you guys keep on ticking . You have set a new standard for mental toughness in my eyes. PLEASE keep fighting guys. It is going to pay off.........I feel it.....I really do. I know we have at least one HUGE upset in us. Maybe MORE.....all is not lost.

I just have to salute our defense. Your backs keep getting put against the wall and you are playing so many minutes every single game. YET...you continue to play to unheard of levels. It has to be pure heart that you guys are running on.......I cannot give you enough praise. Better teams than this one would have just laid down with all the adversity you have faced this season with the multitude of turnovers, yet you guys keep on ticking . You have set a new standard for mental toughness in my eyes. PLEASE keep fighting guys. It is going to pay off.........I feel it.....I really do. I know we have at least one HUGE upset in us. Maybe MORE.....all is not lost.

I agree with this,but please don't discount the fact that you played a good football team last night. We don't see your team play every game none of us do. And after a loss I myself last week was very upset. Because we did not come to play, i chalked that up to home coming and to many distractions during that week. I promise you this they got out with a win but i feel in my heart that if we were able to play them again there would be a different result. Remember this defenses to win ball games. And you ran into a good D that is going to surprise 6-4A before this season is over. We have our problems as well to many flags and the turn over bug is getting us in trouble too. By reading today's paper it felt as though they were telling us how you gave the game to us. I don't want to ever be disrespectful to any team win or lose. I can assure of this at the end of this game when we pull our starters coach let you have them 6pts you got. You had bad night, it could have closer we all know that. Win out from here. GO PATS.

I always give the team that won there due.. Thats just fair play. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was not meaning to discredit what a great job that your Team did by any means. However, if you look at our turnover ratio, it is averaging around 7 TO's a game. We have thrown 11 INTS. Now, you guys capitalized on our miscues and that is a credit to your team being alert nand helping to cause them. Kudos.....

High Fives 2P Time to go out side and play with the PUGS.. To pretty to be inside. Later guys.