TN High @ Science Hill

topvol98

Who Wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

I understand where your coming from Cap and I still have my concerns too. This will be our first game coming in as a heavy favorite. The jury is still out since we haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet but I do't think anyone is willing to call Mo West and Sevier Co. slouched just yet. We were favored over Betsy but where coming into that game after the loss to south and were tryng to right the ship. Our defense will have something to prove since they gave up 21 points (hard to give them the 105yd pick six but the score was 21 and goes against them) although Sevier Co only had the one ligit drive that was aided by a very questionable roughing the passer call. It was fun to see the defense finally have some help from the offense. Now if we can get the offense to continue to move the ball and score points after halftime. I understand the natural letdown but maybe a change of pace or a little more aggresive playcalling would make sure that they aren't going through the motions.Back to the defense, I think that TN High is going to be walking into a hornet's nest because this defense feels that no should score on them and their play has backed that up. I hate to say first team or second team because it's one team but the two of the three touchdwons came on big plays and we all know that when big plays are against you, they are flukes of busted coverage.(They tend to be results of executtion and taking advantage of mismatches when your team makes them). One scoring drive allowed in three games is very impressive especiall when you think that Morristown West had the ball inside the 15 twice with first downs. I agree with you, that your defense is going to have to step up because if they can't slow down the Topper offense and allow the Viking offense to be put in a "must pass" game..ooooooooooohhooooooo.

ps- I feel I can talk about this game a lil more after watching the two Viking games on tv whereas I usually don't have a feel for our opponents.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand where your coming from Cap and I still have my concerns too. This will be our first game coming in as a heavy favorite. The jury is still out since we haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet but I do't think anyone is willing to call Mo West and Sevier Co. slouched just yet. We were favored over Betsy but where coming into that game after the loss to south and were tryng to right the ship. Our defense will have something to prove since they gave up 21 points (hard to give them the 105yd pick six but the score was 21 and goes against them) although Sevier Co only had the one ligit drive that was aided by a very questionable roughing the passer call. It was fun to see the defense finally have some help from the offense. Now if we can get the offense to continue to move the ball and score points after halftime. I understand the natural letdown but maybe a change of pace or a little more aggresive playcalling would make sure that they aren't going through the motions.Back to the defense, I think that TN High is going to be walking into a hornet's nest because this defense feels that no should score on them and their play has backed that up. I hate to say first team or second team because it's one team but the two of the three touchdwons came on big plays and we all know that when big plays are against you, they are flukes of busted coverage.(They tend to be results of executtion and taking advantage of mismatches when your team makes them). One scoring drive allowed in three games is very impressive especiall when you think that Morristown West had the ball inside the 15 twice with first downs. I agree with you, that your defense is going to have to step up because if they can't slow down the Topper offense and allow the Viking offense to be put in a "must pass" game..ooooooooooohhooooooo.

ps- I feel I can talk about this game a lil more after watching the two Viking games on tv whereas I usually don't have a feel for our opponents.

Hey Topvol I listened to Coach Smith talk about the game on the his show and he basicly said that the 105 yd touchdown by Sevier Co. should count on his agressive style on offense because he explained that they were tring to put the nail in the coffin. He also said that they are scrimageing 2 to 3 times a week and it looks like it really help Daniel Sharp be poised in the pocket. I was really hoping we could keep them off the scoreboard and take that momentum to next week and keep building for the Bearden game. Defense is the key to our success for the rest of the season. If our secondary can contain we should be just fine aginse THS. Saw a stat that said SC had -1 rushing yds in the first half

Science Hill 42

THS 14

No one wanting to talk about this one?

Not much to talk about. I haven't seen the Hill in a game this year. I've seen Tennessee High play and despite the fact that they've won their past 3 games I'm not really comfortable with how they stand in this game. After the Dobyns-Bennett game, it seems like Tennessee High has just gone through the motions. You know, like their playing not to lose.

The thing that worries me about Science Hill is that Tennessee High could contain Solomon all night and then one mistackle could lead to a quick touchdown. I don't think Tennessee High is in a good position offensively to come back if they are down by a couple of touchdowns.

Solomon is not the only threat that you have to worry about . Science Hill has scored 3 non offensive touchdowns the last two weeks. I also believe that the offense seems to be ready to break out for a complete game. I watched some of the V-T game on charter and was surprised on how much difficulty that the Vikings had moving the ball. I just hope that they decide to leave their cheap shots in Bristol.

Solomon is not the only threat that you have to worry about . Science Hill has scored 3 non offensive touchdowns the last two weeks. I also believe that the offense seems to be ready to break out for a complete game. I watched some of the V-T game on charter and was surprised on how much difficulty that the Vikings had moving the ball. I just hope that they decide to leave their cheap shots in Bristol.

I didn't say Solomon was the only threat. I was using him as an example.

If you want to discuss cheap shots instead of the game I suggest that you get a tape of the Science Hill-THS game from 2005. Quite a few of those shots were coming from the home team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didn't say Solomon was the only threat. I was using him as an example.

If you want to discuss cheap shots instead of the game I suggest that you get a tape of the Science Hill-THS game from 2005. Quite a few of those shots were coming from the home team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was referring to the 5 personal foul calls from last year and the numerous ones that have been called against them this year so far. I think you getting personal fouls confused with the touchdowns. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I was referring to the 5 personal foul calls from last year and the numerous ones that have been called against them this year so far. I think you getting personal fouls confused with the touchdowns. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I read your post and I didn't see anything referring to personal fouls from last year. Can there be some consistency? You typed, " I watched some of the V-T game on charter and was surprised on how much difficulty that the Vikings had moving the ball. I just hope that they decide to leave their cheap shots in Bristol." If you THINK you are referring to last year, then your argument is irrelevent. For one thing they didn't broadcast the 2006 V-T game last week /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ; secondly, that was a different set of kids altogether. Which means you didn't see this year's game. Or were you THINKING about the THS-Science Hill game? We can't read your mind. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Nowhere in my post did I make reference that the incidents were personal fouls. They should've been, but they went unnoticed by the people in stripes. You just assumed that they were personal fouls. Just like you assumed that I said Solomon was the only threat. I guess your only intention was to start an argument. It's amazing how some people can turn a blind eye towards their own team's actions.

Well, it's been fun discussing the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />