Bearden @ Halls

HaveitYourWay

Hard to watch Friday night's game for a Halls fan. Halls was on the edge of breaking a couple of runs. Always seemed to miss one block. (except for the one TD) The defense looked soft and often missed assignments around the end. Credit goes to a very good, senior led, team from Bearden.

Someone at the Central game asked me what I thought about this Halls team a few weeks ago. I told them then, that the talent at Halls was coming back up. And I told him that a lot of the players were young and many were going to have to learn how to win again. I told him Halls would upset somebody this year and they would probably lose to someone they shouldn't. Bearden was not the team that Halls should have beaten. I am afraid that it could be S.D., Clinton or Powell.

But don't get too upset Halls fans. Sometimes you have growing pains. It is harder to lose when expectations begin to rise. Sneaking up on a team that underestimates you is one thing, but beating a good team that sees you coming is much harder.

I still think Halls is heading in the right direction. Go Big Red and good luck against the Dragons.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked the Devils to pull off the upset the Dogs. But I also warned the Red Devils that they better be ready. I think Bearden is better than the teams of the past. But I also believe the Red Devils weren't ready to go.

There is a different mentality in Bearden football today. Last year I witnessed them give my Bobcats one of the worst beatings they have taken in a while. Bearden is no longer the soft football program it has been over the last several years. They play tough hard nose football and the beating they gave Halls on Friday is just another example of their toughness.

Word on the South side of the ridge is that Halls has several significant injuries. Who might that be?

I picked the Devils to pull off the upset the Dogs. But I also warned the Red Devils that they better be ready. I think Bearden is better than the teams of the past. But I also believe the Red Devils weren't ready to go.

There is a different mentality in Bearden football today. Last year I witnessed them give my Bobcats one of the worst beatings they have taken in a while. Bearden is no longer the soft football program it has been over the last several years. They play tough hard nose football and the beating they gave Halls on Friday is just another example of their toughness.

Word on the South side of the ridge is that Halls has several significant injuries. Who might that be?

red and black,

You are right about Halls being banged up. Those out for the season have been identified on this thread but I don't think it is wise to share the others that will try to play through some pain. I wouldn't want to give the next team any help.